What UD Pulley is the best? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
RobS74
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 78845
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: -1 RobS74 Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasta View Post
when the belt brakes on side of road have fun ordering new one
The CFM UDP kit uses the factory belt, do your homework before you post stupid replies. I'm a former Ford Automotive Technician I have just about every tool I need work on my car, in my car. I also keep extra belts on me. So even if I went with the Massive kit or the FSWerks kit I'd have an extra belt on me if that actually happened. Seriously what is with the UDP haters? LOL!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 50,944, Level 100
Points: 50,944, Level: 100 Points: 50,944, Level: 100 Points: 50,944, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I have dynoed about every UDP out there , they do add power , How much are you willing to spend to gain .8 to 1.2 HP

Whats funny is if you loose the SUPER HEAVY Fly. Whl. and go to Alum you gain about 2.5 to 3.5 HP , Makes you go Hmmmmmmmm ????????? doesnt it

Dont waste your time or money on UDP

I am going to tell this story for those that missed it over the years , Good Friend bought a set of UDP for his Camaro , brought me the car to instll and dyno claims of 7-11HP gain to the wheels , I didnt have time to install them so when he came back I told him I didnt have time and will dyno it tomorrow , returned the next day raving on how much better it felt and they were worth the money , I showed them the new UDP in the trunk uninstalled ,the dyno showed a gain of 2.8 and he couldnt feel a thing , your butt dyno isnt accurate if it was I wouldnt of spent 38,000.00 on a Dynojet Dyno

There are no UDP haters just educated people trying to educate you about them and you dont like the answer your getting because you want UDP , Like a good Friend Smokey Yunick says , " If you want them get them" who cares if they dont add HP

Go for it !

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
RobS74
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Every hp counts and so does every lb you take off the car.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 18,269, Level 85
Points: 18,269, Level: 85 Points: 18,269, Level: 85 Points: 18,269, Level: 85
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^says the guy with 2 2 many doors ...
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #15
RobS74
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
^says the guy with 2 2 many doors ...
HA! exactly why i want to take some weight off
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 50,944, Level 100
Points: 50,944, Level: 100 Points: 50,944, Level: 100 Points: 50,944, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 31%
Activity: 31% Activity: 31% Activity: 31%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
There is a lot of places to loose weight and a lot of things you can add for performance with out throwing your money away

I can sell you a sticker for 5.00 that makes it look faster LOL

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
1hotfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82813
What I Drive: 00' sedan

FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Going on a diet and shedding a few will benefit your car (and yourself, and possible lover) more than a useless 1hp adding pulley. Just sayin.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #18
RobS74
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
Going on a diet and shedding a few will benefit your car (and yourself, and possible lover) more than a useless 1hp adding pulley. Just sayin.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
LOL! I know all this already and I'm in perfect shape. I used to auto-x and do track days all the time with my 93 Probe GT that i completely raced out, gutted it and took 350lbs off the car. I went as far as corner balancing it myself as well. I made the STB's and a few other suspension parts on the car. If it wasn't for a robbery a few years ago I would be making parts for my SVT Focus. Just don't have the fabrication tools anymore. I'm not going to gut this car, been there done that, sux to drive a gutted car daily. This is a daily driver and I want it to remain comfy. But i also want to do an occasional track day and auto-x.

You guys really need to drop the UDP hate. I didn't ask for hate just wanted to know which UDP kit was best. Didn't ask if it only gained 1 hp nor did I ask if you guys think they are useless. Seriously you guys are already acting lamer then the guys on Probe Talk.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #19
ProSilverVT02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33656
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 7 ProSilverVT02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
So you come on here and ask us "Which underdrive pulley is the best?" and we are giving you our experienced opinion AND fact then you start calling us "lame".

Thats a dick move for sure. I don't know if you checked, but the Focus is not a Probe so things work a little different around here.

Nobody is "hating" UDP's... they just suck and serve no purpose for the SVT Focus.

There are a ton of guys who DD their bone stock SVT's and on the weekend go have some Auto-X fun. So go ahead and piss on us for pretty much telling you to not waste your time.

YOU came here and asked US a question. We are giving you honest answers and then you shit on us?

You should do us all a favor, sell your SVT and get another Probe.

Last edited by ProSilverVT02; 10-11-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: UDP
Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #20
RobS74
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSilverVT02 View Post
So you come on here and ask us "Which underdrive pulley is the best?" and we are giving you our experienced opinion AND fact then you start calling us "lame".

Thats a dick move for sure. I don't know if you checked, but the Focus is not a Probe so things work a little different around here.

Nobody is "hating" UDP's... they just suck and serve no purpose for the SVT Focus.

There are a ton of guys who DD their bone stock SVT's and on the weekend go have some Auto-X fun. So go ahead and piss on us for pretty much telling you to not waste your time.

YOU came here and asked US a question. We are giving you honest answers and then you shit on us?

You should do us all a favor, sell your SVT and get another Probe.
Wow okay okay I take it back, I'm sorry, ProSilverVT02 you're the lamest one of all time now. Seriously maybe you should actually read my post again because you obviously didn't get it the first time you read it, must be something in the east coast air. The 1 person that did get it, answered my question that person is wordyhurdd. He actually has a Massive UDP kit and he posted about it, that gets my props. Thank you wordyhurdd you da man, seriously you are! All the others and you are seriously lame, All I wanted to know was what kit is best not all the other BS! If I want to free up some rotational mass for quicker revs weather it gives me 0-5hp it's my car not yours, to me $119 for a 2 pulley kit is worth it, that's cheap.

BTW, Trust me I know the 2 cars are different, very different. I probably know more about Fords then you'll ever know in your lifetime. Also didn't shit on anyone either. I asked a simple question got 1 answer and a bunch of BS.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.