Motorcycle Accident!! 97k SVT full suspension overhaul is this it? HELP HOUSTON - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 3 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Motorcycle Accident!! 97k SVT full suspension overhaul is this it? HELP HOUSTON

Ive been in a pretty bad motorcycle accident on September 8th so im gonna have to do this car ASAP once i get these casts off my arms/hands and i can do some work...... Im gonna need help from the Houston crew with Timing belt/ alternator /waterpump and belts/pulleys cause im pretty banged up.

Here is all what i broke........bike only has a broke windshield,and tail plastic it did better than me...

Broke 11 out of 13 right ribs
Broke T8-T12 Transverse processes in back with a T9 Compression fracture
Broke Left wrist & Right Thumb and Right index
Broke Right clavicle and Right Scapula (Floating Shoulder)
Went to the VA on Wednesday and they drilled a plate in my clavicle
Hemo and Pneumothorax (That chest tube hurt sooo bad and they had to re adjust that bitch 4 times to get it right)

Im jacked up right now and going to have to get the car going cause im going to take a break from the bike right now and it has about 500$ worth of damage to it also

My stock SVT suspension is sagging like a bitch and eating my tires no matter if I have a good alignment im on the CORDS and flipped the tires to buy me somne time till im able to do the job

Ok I ordered Koni adj. yellows / Steeda Springs + New black Euro rally rims with Michelin rubbers also got the full prothane bushing kit

Should I also do the wheel bearings too?

ARE these the correct MOOG parts for the SVT and if so is there anything im missing?

Ball Joint x2 MOOG Part # K80067 Problem Solver

Sway Bar Link x2 MOOG Part # K80066 Problem Solver

Outer Tie Rod (Driverside) x1 MOOG Part # ES3588 Problem Solver

Outer Tie Rod (Passenger) x1 MOOG Part # ES3587 Problem Solver

Inner Tie Rods x2 MOOG Part # EV461 Problem Solver

Strut Top Mounts x2 MOOG Part # K80031 Incl. Bearing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
tigercrazy718
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96331
What I Drive: 2008 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 tigercrazy718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i can prob be down to help depending what day everything happens. ill keep looking at this thread
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
qweesy
Focus Addict

Thank you tiger it will still be weeks away thats why im trying to let everyone know but i hope more people chime in and what about the Moog parts are they correct?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
tigercrazy718
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96331
What I Drive: 2008 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 tigercrazy718 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
no idea lol i just bought my car havent looked into much parts for it yet
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
pasta
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (40)
go to tousleyford.com oem and good price
Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
damn as a moto rider as well id be down if it doesnt conflict with work :(

may i ask what bike did/do you have? and how did it happen? im afraid of ridding my bike in houston :(
Old 10-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
qweesy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLOW View Post
damn as a moto rider as well id be down if it doesnt conflict with work :(

may i ask what bike did/do you have? and how did it happen? im afraid of ridding my bike in houston :(
Im off work right now my boss is cool so my job isnt going anywhere I help run an Ambulance company.

Ive have a few bikes a 86 vulcan a 77 Goldwing and a 2007 Daytona 675 the accident occurred on the Daytona i havent had a car in 5 years until I bought the SVT back in March. Ive been riding for a total of 16 years 3 downs this is the worst the other 2 were just minor road rash.

Happened in Austin on Fitzhugh Rd. was going around a corner at 45-50mph speed limit on that road is 60mph rear tire caught some gravel, and I tried to save the bike leaned in tapped the rear brake for a sec to get the nose of the bike pointing more toward the double yellow leaned as far as I could and gave it gas to ride it out...(if I only had 2 more feet of concrete i would have made it) ditch was full of boulders bounced of them and my body landed 1 foot away from a barbwire fence, so Im jacked up but it could have been a lot worse. If I wasn't wearing the helmet I would have died. No road rash this go around just broken bones.

The house just past the turn that guy said it never fails at least once a week a rider goes down at that turn. Houston drivers suck its a game of frogger out there keep the rubber side down bro.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qweesy View Post
Im off work right now my boss is cool so my job isnt going anywhere I help run an Ambulance company.

Ive have a few bikes a 86 vulcan a 77 Goldwing and a 2007 Daytona 675 the accident occurred on the Daytona i havent had a car in 5 years until I bought the SVT back in March. Ive been riding for a total of 16 years 3 downs this is the worst the other 2 were just minor road rash.

Happened in Austin on Fitzhugh Rd. was going around a corner at 45-50mph speed limit on that road is 60mph rear tire caught some gravel, and I tried to save the bike leaned in tapped the rear brake for a sec to get the nose of the bike pointing more toward the double yellow leaned as far as I could and gave it gas to ride it out...(if I only had 2 more feet of concrete i would have made it) ditch was full of boulders bounced of them and my body landed 1 foot away from a barbwire fence, so Im jacked up but it could have been a lot worse. If I wasn't wearing the helmet I would have died. No road rash this go around just broken bones.

The house just past the turn that guy said it never fails at least once a week a rider goes down at that turn. Houston drivers suck its a game of frogger out there keep the rubber side down bro.
sorry to hear that man! good to hear it wasnt that another car hit you or something

i meant my work sorry, i work like 60-80 hrs a week. FML!

Im from san juan, pr and i have about 7-8 years of pro motocross in my system, i rode a drz400s on the streets for a few months back home but this is my 1st street bike, i guess if i was getting into one i might as well go big so i got a modded r1... i thought if i survived the streets of san juan i could survive here in houston but FKKKK!!! i was so wrong, cagers are just plain stupid and dont consider anyone but themselves while driving... chick texting in a big audi suv hit me the 1st night i was ridding my bike to its new place (my house) just a small hit but threw me a few ft forward, i never fell and bike never hit the ground but still. Im constantly avoiding crazy lane changers and fkers that decide that stopping 1ft away from my rear tire in a stop light is a good idea... 18wheers are the worst

i used to live over at westheimer, there was a guy in my complex with a 675 as well (black, gold rims), prob not you though, other focus owner over there was a friend of mine with an svt like mine but 04'

get well soon man!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
the ball joints are good, but you can get a new OEM lower control arm with new bushings ready to swap, this will probably be fastest and least time consuming (and will likely fix the alignment issue).

Bookmarks & Social Networks