Pretty much have said f%^$ it, and cool new plate. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Red face Pretty much have said f%^$ it, and cool new plate.

After going through the whole BBB process I basically got the same thing the Ford dealerships have been say "we believe you car is functioning as intended". I did get Ford to give me an extended warranty though but really its only 75,000 miles, not that great .

I've went around and have had multiple dealers appraise the car only to be even more saddened/angry at the trade in value . So I guess ill be driving this car for a while at least until the 75,000 miles are up, *sigh*.

I'm done worrying about it though. I'm gonna continue to drive it and if it want's to destroy its own clutches, let the b*%$@; Ford can pay the almost 3,000 dollars it cost last time to replace them. I just really don't understand why I can't have a good functioning DCT like everyone else, it obviously possible. Alas I digress.

Now I can Focus (pun intended) on arguing with my dealer on the suspension noise .

And finally I ordered a new plate for my car. I decided to express myself with a customized plate .........Ladies and Gents my new plate that is currently on order says..............

F0-CUSS!

Haha should be here in 2.5 weeks according to the DMV but then again its the DMV so you never know

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
05focusST91
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83640
What I Drive: 2008 chevy cobalt SS/TC.

Points 2,754, Level 32
Points: 2,754, Level: 32 Points: 2,754, Level: 32 Points: 2,754, Level: 32
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 6 05focusST91 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Haha nice plate, we just had a 2011 fiesta with about 21k on it sounded like the gears were gonna shoot through the front on the transaxle. In every gear too, good luck with yours, im sure sooner or later they'll do something about it.
Still here!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05focusST91 View Post
Haha nice plate, we just had a 2011 fiesta with about 21k on it sounded like the gears were gonna shoot through the front on the transaxle. In every gear too, good luck with yours, im sure sooner or later they'll do something about it.
I can hope . I definitely won't be holding the bag after the warranty goes out on this thing, its a ticking time bomb.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
tmtex
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110584
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE - 2005 F150 4x4

FF Reputation: 1 tmtex Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am not an ext warranty type guy, but I did on this one. 5/100K. I had to take it in and the service guy asked if I did, I said yes, he said Good.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
I still think they are hiding this problem with these cars. Too bad things aren't working out . If I were in your position I would beat the living crap out of the DCT and make it consistently fail. Brake torque it and fry it multiple times on them.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 11,347, Level 70
Points: 11,347, Level: 70 Points: 11,347, Level: 70 Points: 11,347, Level: 70
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 61 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
I still think they are hiding this problem with these cars. Too bad things aren't working out . If I were in your position I would beat the living crap out of the DCT and make it consistently fail. Brake torque it and fry it multiple times on them.
Whats that get him? Abuse is not covered. They'll pull it out & do a tear down & see if was abuse or has a issue.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Whats that get him? Abuse is not covered. They'll pull it out & do a tear down & see if was abuse or has a issue.
My transmission abuses itself enough so I don't have to do anything anyway

I hate this car sooo much, such a worthless POS. No offense to other MK3 owners who like the cars
Old 06-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
I am not an ext warranty type guy, but I did on this one. 5/100K. I had to take it in and the service guy asked if I did, I said yes, he said Good.
He and I must share the same inution that as soon as the 60,000 power train warranty is up all the issues go from "Normal" to "ZOMG the tranny needs replaced badly"
Old 06-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
These things eat themselves ..... been there done that a few times ...full tear down!? Christ they can't even fix a semi tear down.It's broken man whether it be hardware or software.They don't know if they have been driven hard unless the tires are worn to crap. Why do you think current vehicle is a 2013 MTX and previous DCT owner.....they admitted the car was a piece of crap....2 repairs and was going on a third....summer is here time for some lemon aid!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #10
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
These things eat themselves ..... been there done that a few times ...full tear down!? Christ they can't even fix a semi tear down.It's broken man whether it be hardware or software.They don't know if they have been driven hard unless the tires are worn to crap. Why do you think current vehicle is a 2013 MTX and previous DCT owner.....they admitted the car was a piece of crap....2 repairs and was going on a third....summer is here time for some lemon aid!
Im on my second and it doesn't seem like it slowing down in terms of coming up for the next replacement. My Ford dealer has over 15 used Foci on the lot. There is a reason people are trading these things in...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.