MFT and Sync are Dead - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
underbird10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88103
What I Drive: 2014 ST3

Points 2,780, Level 32
Points: 2,780, Level: 32 Points: 2,780, Level: 32 Points: 2,780, Level: 32
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 underbird10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
MFT and Sync are Dead

My entire MFT and Sync features are completely dead. Black screen, no response to any buttons. I have pulled the fuses and disconnected the battery with no luck.

Anyone have any recommendations other than a trip to the dealer?

My other rides -2006 Performance White Mustang GT Coupe, 2004 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang Coupe, 2013 Edge Limited
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's about all you can do. Also, since this is pertinent to MFT, post up in the MFT thread with further issues/questions. We monitor it pretty frequently since it's a big deal for us with it, haha, you'll get help quicker there normally.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
underbird10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88103
What I Drive: 2014 ST3

Points 2,780, Level 32
Points: 2,780, Level: 32 Points: 2,780, Level: 32 Points: 2,780, Level: 32
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 underbird10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thanks for the info, but didn't want to have to read 192 pages to see if anyone had ever had this problem where it just wouldn't come back at all.

I've had the usual glitches and bugs, but never did it just go dead and not recover at some point.

I now have no radio, no MP3, no nav, no hands-free phone, no backup camera, no Sync, and probably no self-parking (haven't tested it). So basically I have an SE instead of a Titanium.

My other rides -2006 Performance White Mustang GT Coupe, 2004 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang Coupe, 2013 Edge Limited
Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by underbird10 View Post
Thanks for the info, but didn't want to have to read 192 pages to see if anyone had ever had this problem where it just wouldn't come back at all.

I've had the usual glitches and bugs, but never did it just go dead and not recover at some point.

I now have no radio, no MP3, no nav, no hands-free phone, no backup camera, no Sync, and probably no self-parking (haven't tested it). So basically I have an SE instead of a Titanium.
Hi, underbird10 -

Are you still experiencing issues with your system? I'd definitely like to look into them further. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, and the name of the dealership you typically work with.

Thanks!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
tbraun513
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93069
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tbraun513 Good Standing Member
Welcome to the club. Mine went dead too. The whole module in the dashboard will have to be replaced. Been running with the new module for about a three weeks, and while the system is back on, its still the same bug ridden overpriced "concept" that still isn't a true reality. I wonder why complex PC games get patches faster than a standardize Ford product?

Secondly, we are getting close to the end of the year. I just think Ford is going to wait yet again for the March time frame for the 2014s to come out to reconsider another large update for MFT.

I would love to see Ford come out with an internal, reassurance video that they are working SO HARD on taking this beta product into a stable system. The more MFTs they sell, the more they may alienate their customer base into reconsidering a different product in the future.

I love the car, don't get me wrong. I love my Focus. But when you commute for 30 minutes, you shouldn't have to fight with the radio or reset the clock. Its causing a bad impression on the car itself because of Ford's inept ability to get it right after 3 years of having the system out (if I include 2011 Ford Edges with the same system.)

Lastly, in my frustration, I have one more thing to tell Ford since they responded to this post and not mine when I asked. When I press the Master Reset button, it should reset EVERYTHING!!!! It seems to me that each component of MFT (phone/climate/radio/information) each runs off its own computer. I used Sync Services to get directions to a business. It asked me, "Are you looking for the location of Route 309 or Rural Route 309?" (BTW, theres no difference between the two.) Five times i tried, and it failed everytime and dropped me right back to the main menu to start it over each time. I hung up pressing the button on my wheel, my phone hung up, but the MFT still said I was in a call. So in frustration, I pressed Master Reset. For 15-20 minutes it tried to process that. It disconnected my phone from the system, lost all my presets.

But I know it didnt do a full master reset. I had the system programmed to link to my phone as a hotspot and in the information tab, the little wifi symbol was there before AND AFTER my reset with the phone disconnected. Also, I re-paired the phone to MFT and immediately said I was continuing the call prior to reset that it was originally jammed on. Had to pull over, turn the car off and restart it. Master reset my ass. I'll stick to a fuse pull to reset it.

For the love of GOD, GET IT RIGHT!

Maybe I should have waited for a Dodge Dart? Damn thats stooping low but I don't think any of us should have gotten to this point of frustration for cars that cost 20k-50k with this system. Am I right people?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,947, Level 33
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
^

I also noticed after master resets that my radio presets were the same, I think my phone still paired? Things just didn't add up...

But you're right - if they're putting this flawed software into Lincolns (or even expensive Tauruses) they're looking at losing a huge market share rather than just sticking with the more basic stereo systems.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.