Help STEEDA design our 2013 Focus ST for this year's SEMA show! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96136
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Help STEEDA design our 2013 Focus ST for this year's SEMA show!

We're looking for ideas from the Focus community to design our 2013 Focus ST for this year's SEMA show. Below is a large pic of our Focus ST in stock form. Feel free to mod it up with your ideas. If we pick your idea you'll get your design displayed INSIDE Fords booth at this year's SEMA event! We're also offering the winner a $100 gift voucher good toward the purchase of any Steeda manufactured products!

Good luck and thanks for the ideas!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Albarry
Sonic Crew #016

Fan#: 87877
What I Drive: 2012 Sport completely stock, DCT

FF Reputation: 8 Albarry Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Needs to be lower, and hood vents!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Minchkin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92792
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 Minchkin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Drop it, hood vents, darker wheels. Possibly a different ground effects kit to add an even more sporty look.
SES #032
Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Whats wrong with the concept from a couple years ago?

Clean, simple, and looks M-Effin' !

.....and why don't the Edit, Quote, Multi-Quote and Quick Reply buttons work in Chrome? Laaaame.
- Jody -
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Visual : tear out the wheel wells and slam it to the ground on bags, with less than an inch of clearance ; slotted hood vents w/a mesh overlay ; split 5 spoke wheels, painted a lime green inside and around the bars, chrome the front of the wheel, match brake calipers lime green ; lime green body, with chrome side mirrors, chrome window sills, chrome fender guards, 30% tint all around ; debadged
*go 5 or 6 degree negative camber on all four tires*

are we talking performance too or just visual? Because I want to see a ST with a custom dual CAI intake
2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals

Last edited by jlawlax1344; 09-28-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
RSVT170
FocusRush

Fan#: 28451
What I Drive: '13 ST2 & '05 ZXW

FF Reputation: 42 RSVT170 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I'll be getting on this tomorrow :-)
HATCH NATION #139 | 2013 ST "P5" | Sponsored By: Borla, Wilwood, Vortech, & Mothers Polish

2005 ZXW "P7" | Flowmaster Exhaust | XXR 521 | Vogtland Springs | SAP Front Bumper | Roush skirts
Old 09-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVT170 View Post
I'll be getting on this tomorrow :-)
Your gonna do the custom dual CAI? That's going to be sooo sexy!
2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals
Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
GMconvert
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101277
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red Metallic Focus SES

FF Reputation: 2 GMconvert Good Standing Member
Seems like Steeda's colors are red and black. Is this a requirement or can we go crazy with the paint?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #9
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
visuals,
have some red steeda logos stiched into the side of the 2 front seats most importantly the side that face the door. keep it clean with a small steeda decal on one of the back side windows and one across the top of the front windshield like always. steeda engine cover and some 30% tint like metion in another post. black hood with vents and some sort of black decal along the skirts but nothing to eye catching.

performance,
crack the tuning add a wideband custom fit pod next to or near the turbo gauge to keep them all together. full turboback exhaust with a dual exit 4" round tips to big and it just wont look right. make sure that ingition is doing fantastic to keep that fual burning. do something with the intake. throttle body could most likely use some work. cant forget the short shifter you guys have already mentioned it was in need of it.

handling
of course your rear sway bar, hopefully you will do a front sway bar aswell and a nice coilover setup with a 2" to 2 1/2" drop. some nice 18s im partial to enkie personaly, black with a red lip and red lugs nuts, i love the g-force tires. with that kind of drop a camber kit.

brakes,
with the increase power your gonna need some better breaking inwhich wont be to hard to do. upgrade those brake lines and pads and toss some slotted and drilled rotors on and your done.

concept finale image should show the car as a fun relaible daily driver with a clean sporty look. a hatch that cant be touched by others, a car that has that look of being smooth and gentle but yet has the ability to burn through tires and outrun the competition.
i know a lot of people have done this but with the use of the steeda sway bars and a custom turboback exhaust you will need to finely place some mirrors to show off the handywork of those bars and exhaust.

oh, and smoke those tailights and give those headlights a brow.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
GMconvert
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101277
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red Metallic Focus SES

FF Reputation: 2 GMconvert Good Standing Member

They're all the same, just different paint.

Mods include:
  • Roof rails incorporated into rear spoiler so as to not interfere when hatch is opened
  • Sculpted hood that accentuates the stock lines, giving the hood a more stout look, also incorporated into matching bumper
  • Heat extractors on both lower portions of the hood that progressively get larger as they travel towards the windshield
  • Under-headlight "whiskers" that double as air ducts for front brakes
  • Move the fog lights inwards and bring the stock grill line down to the front lip, mimicking the existing 'flares'
  • Rocker that brings the "whisker" from under the headlight down, can also be used as air ducts for rear brakes
  • This wouldn't be a body kit item, but bring the rear fenderwell height up to match the front so both wheels will tuck the same amount
  • Lowered, of course
  • Ace Alloy Eminence wheels with big brakes front and rear, caliper color is your choice
  • Tint
  • Black mirror cover with turn signal/reflector removed
  • Tinted headlights/cleared corners
  • Shaved hood emblem and antenna
  • And since it's SEMA, shaved door handles and windshield washer nozzles

Post a rear shot and see what we can come up with for the rear bumper/lip/etc.

Bookmarks & Social Networks