New ST3 Electric steering problems - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #51
ColtB
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114300
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White ST3

FF Reputation: 1 ColtB Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobtothenoog View Post
Took the car in today. Dealer just called. And I got exactly what I expected...... ”all is normal, that's just electric steering. There were no codes thrown.” lol..... not to happy.
I had the same problem at first. You have to stay on them. My car has been at the dealer since Tuesday morning, and so far I've been lied to about the test drives and told there's nothing wrong with it. After talking with the regional manager I started getting somewhere, though. I'm supposed to take the service manager on a test drive Monday to show him exactly what I'm talking about. It's extremely frustrating, but this will get resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #52
scoobtothenoog
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114029
What I Drive: 2013 SE

FF Reputation: 1 scoobtothenoog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
What these dealers don't seem to understand is most people don't have the time for the silly back and forth. I know I don't. Seeing how this is a known issue, whether they want to admit it or not. Just replace my darn rack so I can go on with my life.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #53
ColtB
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobtothenoog View Post
What these dealers don't seem to understand is most people don't have the time for the silly back and forth. I know I don't. Seeing how this is a known issue, whether they want to admit it or not. Just replace my darn rack so I can go on with my life.
Yeah, I'm with you. I told them this needed to be dealt with immediately since I'm moving at the end of the month. Fortunately my boss is letting off a little early on Monday so I can take the manager for a drive. I hope you get some resolution on your situation.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #54
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
Did they drive it far enough and fast enough to expose the problem? (As I recall, people were reporting it for speeds over 60 mph and over 30 minutes of driving. If they weren't putting 30+ miles on the odometer while they had it, they might well not have seen the problem.)

I don't recall anyone reporting OBDC codes, so the lack of those isn't significant.

Print this thread and associated ones and take it with you to the dealer (or email it to them, if they're up to that). More information about the problem might help, and it will demonstrate that it's not just you, whether or not Ford lists it as a known issue yet.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
ColtB
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lddavis View Post
Did they drive it far enough and fast enough to expose the problem? (As I recall, people were reporting it for speeds over 60 mph and over 30 minutes of driving. If they weren't putting 30+ miles on the odometer while they had it, they might well not have seen the problem.)

I don't recall anyone reporting OBDC codes, so the lack of those isn't significant.

Print this thread and associated ones and take it with you to the dealer (or email it to them, if they're up to that). More information about the problem might help, and it will demonstrate that it's not just you, whether or not Ford lists it as a known issue yet.
In my case, the dealer was not driving it far enough or fast enough. I informed them that the problem arose after 40-45 minutes at 55+ mph. They took it on a few trips around town the first day and said they couldn't detect the fault. I once again informed them that it is a problem that manifests on the highway, not in town, so they said they would drive it again. They told me they drove it on a 120 mile round trip on the highway, plus another 45 mile round trip, plus 40 miles around town. The problem was the odometer showed only 88 miles, so they never took it on the highway long enough. It was really frustrating being lied to.

I informed them of the other people in this thread experiencing the same problem, but all I heard back was that Ford hadn't heard of it and that I probably wasn't accustomed to driving a car with a sporty suspension.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #56
8CHMan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115085
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST

Points 11, Level 1
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 8CHMan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

If you're currently experiencing this concern, I want to do what I can to help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get to work on your case.

Thanks!

Crystal

PM Sent

Last edited by 8CHMan; 05-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #57
8CHMan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115085
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST

Points 11, Level 1
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 8CHMan Good Standing Member
I've had our ST for a little over two weeks now. Just finished a 2,000+ km road-trip.

One word... Exhausting.

Micro-corrections every second or two while travelling on pin-straight interstate.

Hope I can get this fixed soon; it's just not right.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #58
phobic99
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104606
What I Drive: (soon) 2013 Oxford White Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 phobic99 Good Standing Member
Wow so glad I found this thread. I seriously thought I was going crazy and just imaging things with my car. I took a 70 mile drive for a date and on the way home, I almost veered off the curved exit ramp because my car was super stiff to steer. Really hoping this gets fixed as well.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #59
Now534
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76549
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

Points 1,739, Level 24
Points: 1,739, Level: 24 Points: 1,739, Level: 24 Points: 1,739, Level: 24
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 6 Now534 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Mine has stopped doing it after 12k miles.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy S3 using FF Mobile
Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #60
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now534 View Post
Mine has stopped doing it after 12k miles.

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy S3 using FF Mobile
I have 17k miles on mine, and it's better, not sure it's totally gone though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks