Is it possible to replace BT mic? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Stryker412
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79767
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Stryker412 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is it possible to replace BT mic?

I've heard since I got the car how bad my calls sound. I always chalked it up to it not being very good with noise cancelling. My wife borrowed my car a few weeks ago and called me. I completely forgot where she was calling me from and I kept asking her if she had the window open or if the air was on. The sound is horrendous.

Is there a way to replace the mic? It's really bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
PandaCar
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93756
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Ti Hatch All Options!

FF Reputation: 1 PandaCar Good Standing Member
It might be a bad mike; most people say I sound quite clear (unless sunroof's open). Maybe the dealer can replace it under warranty?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
I've heard since I got the car how bad my calls sound. I always chalked it up to it not being very good with noise cancelling. My wife borrowed my car a few weeks ago and called me. I completely forgot where she was calling me from and I kept asking her if she had the window open or if the air was on. The sound is horrendous.

Is there a way to replace the mic? It's really bad.
When I got my car my wife had no problem understanding me when I called her from the car. After the 3.0.2 update she says all she can hear is background noise and can barely understand me. I don't think the mic went bad. If it did, it is awfully coincidental that it would go bad immediately after installing 3.0.2. Some over at SMR say it can be made better by toying with the volume.

"I believe if you read some of the other threads you will find out you need to turn your volume up in the car. I found this out by trial and error with my friend. When talking BT to BT it really gets interesting when the other caller (Prius BT) insists it's your car. Just try increasing your volume control and see if that doesn't work."

And this guy had a good way to test it out:

"I actually called my work voicemail on the way in this morning. I had kept talking while turning the volume up, recording as I spoke. When I listened to the voicemail, it had started out with the open window clutter, and slowly cleared as I was adjusting the volume. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this was the cause. Ford should document that in the manual if it was."

I haven't tried this out yet so I can't speak from experience but just putting it out there in case you want to give it a try before looking into mic replacement. Can't hurt I guess.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->