Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it - Page 36 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #351
Adversegecko
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105171
What I Drive: 2012 Red Zetec s

FF Reputation: 1 Adversegecko Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey uk mk3 owner here.

I have the shuddering problem too!

I'll keep an eye on your progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #352
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
I'm not sure if this will help any of you guys out with getting service, but the eSourceBook has the following quote at the bottom of page 10:

I'm not sure if this will help, since it's technically referring to the 2013 MY, but the transmission/clutch pack should more or less be the same? If it applies to 2012's dealerships shouldn't be able to say that's normal after the first 1000-3000 miles?
So would that 'counter' be reset after TSB12B37 is applied I wonder? My car has 30,000 miles on it but *only* had the TSB12B37 applied about 600 miles ago and it's still shuddering.

My car goes in tomorrow to the dealer for the brake problem and the shuddering.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #353
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
I noticed with mine that shuddering is not always consistent in the city, but still enough to bug me. However, I noticed that when I have been driving on the highway for a few minutes, and then hit the city, the shuddering gets really bad for the first few times I will stop & go (stop sign/red light). Anyone else noticed this behavior?

I will certainly try turning Traction Control off tomorrow and test it out for a few days.

Man, I seriously should have read this forum before getting my Focus. 6 months after my purchase and I've been to the dealer more often than any other cars I've owned.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #354
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

Points 4,404, Level 42
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
When I gun it too hard, sometimes it jerks for a while after between shifts. Turning traction control off helps to fix the shifts back to normal. While mine doesn't shudder (TSB 123b7 applied), traction control still helps smooth it out.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 AM   #355
nebertcher
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99862
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Black

FF Reputation: 1 nebertcher Good Standing Member
I'm going to try this on my way home tonight.

I have noticed shudders here and there, particularly in stop start traffic. I'd be interested to know if this helps at all.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #356
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

I tried it a few times, and Traction Control switched to OFF sligthltly reduces the shuderring, enough to forget about it. The only down side, I have to go through 5-6 menus to turn it off everytime I start the car.

Anyone expects a TSB to address this issue? I mean, how normal is that!?! :)
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #357
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
when i got mine worked on for the 3rd time last week the guy told me they still dont have anything to completely fix the shuddering. he said they will eventually come out with a big update but then he tells me that there isnt technically anything wrong with the trans its just how it runs
Old 10-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #358
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
when i got mine worked on for the 3rd time last week the guy told me they still dont have anything to completely fix the shuddering. he said they will eventually come out with a big update but then he tells me that there isnt technically anything wrong with the trans its just how it runs
you gotta love the pre-canned response " It works as it should"... Someone drove my car for the first time this weekend and he kept asking me... did you feel that? So it does feel odd to most drivers...
Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #359
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hi all,

I also have this shuddering issue between 1st and second gear accelerating from a complete stop. It all arose after the transmission TSB this summer, I have taken it to the dealership and they tell me that it's supposed to operate like that. Not buying it, I will try turning off the TC today.

Anybody else experiencing a weird clunk/rattle from the front-end while travelling over bumps under 20mph? Apparently that's a huge issue with the new Focus' and I've been experiencing it for nearly a year with no fix in sight (struts and springs have already been replaced). Ford keeps saying it's "characteristic to the vehicle" much like this shuddering issue.

Just a frustrated owner looking to vent.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #360
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Hi all,

I also have this shuddering issue between 1st and second gear accelerating from a complete stop. It all arose after the transmission TSB this summer, I have taken it to the dealership and they tell me that it's supposed to operate like that. Not buying it, I will try turning off the TC today.

Anybody else experiencing a weird clunk/rattle from the front-end while travelling over bumps under 20mph? Apparently that's a huge issue with the new Focus' and I've been experiencing it for nearly a year with no fix in sight (struts and springs have already been replaced). Ford keeps saying it's "characteristic to the vehicle" much like this shuddering issue.

Just a frustrated owner looking to vent.
The clunking is not normal - I had mine repaired back in May and the issue is gone. Look up the forum, there's a 100+ page thread on the ongoing issue. If your dealer gives you the runaround, you can refer to the forum. Lots of people even shared the content of their work order and many of us got it fixed. It did not come back, thank God...!

Bookmarks & Social Networks