Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it - Page 33 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #321
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
From a PDF I found online, not sure if the link will work or not, but here's the brief media description of the feature.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/Publicat...rkAssistLR.pdf

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Artic...eFeatures.aspx
That's the one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #322
narkotskyb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91412
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 narkotskyb Good Standing Member
I does look to me at least that all my cross wind pulling left/right went away with F19 being out. But I would like to have couple others to confirm obviously
Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #323
narkotskyb
Focus Enthusiast

F19 is ABS/ESP 15 feed (Anti Lock Brakes/Electronic Stability Program). No idea what '15 feed' stands for. It's in the bank with F8 & F7 under the hood. It has it's own while cover as well.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #324
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by next_ceo View Post
On a side note, is it possible that one of the modules senses an internal slippage (transmission) and takes it as a loss of traction and wrongfully engages the advancetrac functions? One of our members generated a graph showing how our trannies slip during operation...I wonder if there is a relationship between these two variables. What do you guys think?
A certain amount of clutch slippage is normal.

In my experience, a reset of the adaptive learning will initially result in a large amount of slippage only (i.e. there are no other side effects).

In any case, it is best not to make conclusions that are based solely on anecdotal evidence.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #325
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Essentially, it's really just to help it track straight if there is a steady cross-wind or crown in the road. If the road turns without crown, it's not going to save you.

...not that it matters. I can't get my car to drive a straight line for like 0.2 seconds. *rubs eyeball* Why am I already half way out of my lane?
Interesting.

This explains why my car almost fights my light inputs in such circumstances.

If only I could say "screw you car I know what I'm doing".

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #326
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
I've had the TSB performed that's supposed to fix the Highway Wander. While the TSB did make it better the EPS is still a PITA. This past weekend I was on a 2.5 hour trip and the speed at about 75. The entire time the car twitches from needing correction left and right constantly. When no other cars where anywhere near me I was just curious what it would do if I stopped fighting with it and let it go. Well I'm in the right lane and it starts slowly migrating over to the left and once its in the left lane completely, kinda near the shoulder it tracks straight for a while and then slowly starts heading back to the right. When it crosses the center line and is back fully in the right lane it shows no sign of tracking straight and continues to want to go off road at which point I took over. Really wish that was an option we could toggle on/off. Nice concept but in the real world I think it's horrible.

Oh and yeah, Man if you take your eyes off the road for even a sec you will be in another lane so fast.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #327
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotskyb View Post
Ok I pulled F19 fuse and drove around. It lights up panel with all the warnings but does not look like prevents you from driving. You will roll back on uphill starts.
Feels good to be honest. Upshifts are fine but they were fine before - downshifts w/o any hesitation in traffic I would say that's important. Side effect as well (positive one) my car was ever so slightly 'dancing' @ highway speeds left/right all the time. Dealer told me multiple times it's not steering rack and apparently it definitely not - no more. Car stay planted, steering feels exactly like it should - connected to the chassis. So if you anyone of you guys feel adventurous feel free to try it.

Are you supposed to pull that whole entire white plug that holds a couple fuses? I did this morning. WOW. When I switched to Reverse my backup camera came on. The small info screen on the dash said something about Transmission fault Seek service immediately and when I drove down the road the backup camera stayed on the entire time and never switched back to MFT Home screen. The steering felt like I was driving an old non-power steering car. lol I drove back to my driveway and shut the car off, Popped the hood and put the fuse back in.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #328
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Pretty sure F19 is in the BCM below the glove box - not under the hood.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #329
narkotskyb
Focus Enthusiast

There is more then one F19. And no don't pull the entire box:) Looks like you pulled F19/F8/F7 - do not do that. You OPEN the white box then pull out F19.

Here is the picture with fuse highlighted:
Old 10-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #330
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotskyb View Post
There is more the one F19. And no don't pull the entire box:) Looks like you pulled F19/F8/F7 - do not do that. You OPEN the white box then pull out F19.

Here is the picture with fuse highlighted:
Doh!. LOL. Okay got it!. I'll give it another try!. Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->