Think I figured out the shuddering when starting from a stop...can't believe it - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It dose indeed work no shudder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #22
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
i agree.. major flaw in engineering this feature.....
Do you know of any recent cars that don't have this "major flaw in engineering"?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
hotleadsingerguy, you're a genius! Inconclusive for now (I have a long commute home later today to gather more "data"), but, I went out mid day for errands, and tried this (I have the shudder issue as well), and , it worked! Not a single shudder, stumble or hesitation at all. Very smooth starts from a standstill, and the shifts seemed "crisper" for sure. Just before I re parked the car for the day, I turned the TCS back on just to test this, and my last standing start into the parking lot produced the shudder right away...hmmmm, I think we may be onto something. I have the car booked in tomorrow for an oil change and they are looking into my DCT issues (may have a leaking seal inside the bell housing). I will mention this finding to them to see what they think.
What I find surprising (I guess maybe I shouldn't though), is how come none of the service guys or Ford engineers even once thought about this, since we all know that the latest TSB/FSA update changed the way the TCS/ABS system behaves ---- none of these field engineers looked into a possible connection? really??
Like you hotleadsingerguy, my shudder issues didn't start until after I had the last update applied (not by choice, the dealer did it anway)... it drove fine prior to that.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Do you know of any recent cars that don't have this "major flaw in engineering"?
If it's not a simple button/switch on/off, no matter the make or model, it's a major flaw in engineering.... Why re-invent the wheel to make it 'square'?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #25
ralck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96372
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
The ST2 I test drove had a button on the dash called "Sport mode." It turned ESC and TSC off (or at least made them much less aggressive).
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #26
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Must be nice... but did you have transmission fluid leaking on the outside of your transmission? I fear that if I don't have that issue, no one will even look at clutch(es).

That's correct. I had the symptoms and it was only one day that I was tinkering under the hood with removal of the Snorkel (Intake mod) that I dropped a tool. I got under the car and removed that felt panel that covers the bottom of the engine compartment (not really removing it, just enough screws to reach in and retrieve the tool I dropped). Thats when I spotted the big ole bead of Oil/FLuid dripping.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #27
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
hotleadsingerguy, you're a genius! Inconclusive for now (I have a long commute home later today to gather more "data"), but, I went out mid day for errands, and tried this (I have the shudder issue as well), and , it worked! Not a single shudder, stumble or hesitation at all. Very smooth starts from a standstill, and the shifts seemed "crisper" for sure. Just before I re parked the car for the day, I turned the TCS back on just to test this, and my last standing start into the parking lot produced the shudder right away...hmmmm, I think we may be onto something. I have the car booked in tomorrow for an oil change and they are looking into my DCT issues (may have a leaking seal inside the bell housing). I will mention this finding to them to see what they think.
What I find surprising (I guess maybe I shouldn't though), is how come none of the service guys or Ford engineers even once thought about this, since we all know that the latest TSB/FSA update changed the way the TCS/ABS system behaves ---- none of these field engineers looked into a possible connection? really??
Like you hotleadsingerguy, my shudder issues didn't start until after I had the last update applied (not by choice, the dealer did it anway)... it drove fine prior to that.
Same here...it wasn't by choice. My car operated exactly as I liked it when I bought it, which is why I spent $30k on it. I wouldn't have purchased a car I wasn't satisfied. Then, a year later, Ford forces me to get an update that screws up the operation of the vehicle and makes it perform like a completely different car...in the worst way possible. They even threaten to cancel your warranty on powertrain issues if you don't get the update. That would be fine if the update were tested by more than 2 people that apparently don't understand cars and how they should operate.

Either way...the more people that can test this the more results we'll have to list for Ford. The fact that not a single engineer has found a correlation between the TCS update and the shudder would be mind-blowing if we hadn't already been struggling with the ineptitude of the MyFord Touch team. Now it just seems par for the course in the feigned "New" Ford Motor Company.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #28
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
That's correct. I had the symptoms and it was only one day that I was tinkering under the hood with removal of the Snorkel (Intake mod) that I dropped a tool. I got under the car and removed that felt panel that covers the bottom of the engine compartment (not really removing it, just enough screws to reach in and retrieve the tool I dropped). Thats when I spotted the big ole bead of Oil/FLuid dripping.
See I've taken that shield off 4-5 times already (oil changes, usually) and never really looked. I've looked for oil leaks after changing it and gave a quick inspection, but haven't really seen any leaks. I've seen a bit of staining, but I naturally assumed it was just road dirt and road wash that had dripped down the housing. I'll have to check it out a bit more often. When you saw actual liquid down there was it shortly after a drive? Does it "leak" more often while driving it/after driving it?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 8 Joeywhat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Only takes me a second to turn it off
Hatch Nation #29
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #30
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Awesome! same problem I kind of ignore it now. So youre saying there's no way to keep the traction control off? It doesn't retain my settings?

Bookmarks & Social Networks