2012 Ford Focus Reliability Issues - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfocusTL21 View Post
Yeah I know but it doesn't help that the dealership + Ford themselves aren't being very understanding from the customers point of view I had to make threats of getting a lawyer before they would actually seriously look at my for the transmission because the other issues I wasn't really concerned with but the transmission has been a major issue since day one and they kept telling my it was when it's not. They finally tested 6 different cars on their lot ( after the threats) and finally realized that the noise that was coming from my transmission was "not" normal and since then I haven't had my car for almost two weeks now and I also have to call them for updates rather then them calling me.

Sent from my EVO using FF Mobile
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. What steps did you take to try to resolve the issues? I would say it sounds to me that you have a crappy service department at your dealership.
I am not sure if you guys know how the auto business works. I know all problems comeback to the manufacturing plant but this is how it works. Ford builds the Focus at Michigan Assembly. All the Ford dealers are Individually owned... similar to a franchise. They purchase the Focus they feel they will sell from the Assembly plant. So now the dealership owns the car. They have the car on their lot until you go in and decide you like it and want that car. When you buy it, you are buying the car from the dealer. Ford as a company has already received the $ for that car from the dealership(theoretically). The warranty is a Factory warranty, which is fixed by the dealership and the cost of any repair is forwarded on to Ford by that dealer.

any way, still sorry to hear about your trouble and i hope when you get your car back its to your liking. I hate hearing bad Focus reviews. I take pride in my work and love the car. After all.... I bought the car I built.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #22
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
The DCT is one of the few facets of the car that doesn't get praised. I've seen a few reviews where the reviewer was okay with it, or even liked it; more with complaints. A lot seems to come down to the software update (last December was important, apparently) and perhaps the way the adaptive learning has occurred.

You can avoid that issue by getting a manual...
Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
Power Surge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55878
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Power Surge Good Standing Member
I have a job2 SE sport. No issues other than a/c is a bit lackluster on super hot FL days. Just passed 13k. Coming from both previous generations of Focus, the new one is lightyears ahead. Love it.
2008 Vista Blue SE (gone)
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #24
onestout
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103860
What I Drive: 2013 black SFE

FF Reputation: 1 onestout Good Standing Member
2013 with 3000 miles and everything is working as it should. Love the dct transmission, it's about time. Not as roomy as the DTS it replaced but I wasn't expecting it to be :) Can't wait to put a turbo on it in the future.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #25
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestout View Post
2013 with 3000 miles and everything is working as it should. Love the dct transmission, it's about time. Not as roomy as the DTS it replaced but I wasn't expecting it to be :) Can't wait to put a turbo on it in the future.
You would have to change the transmission or stick below 180 lb-ft of torque as the DCT is only rated for about 250N-m of torque which is right around 180 lb-ft.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #26
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lddavis View Post
The DCT is one of the few facets of the car that doesn't get praised. I've seen a few reviews where the reviewer was okay with it, or even liked it; more with complaints. A lot seems to come down to the software update (last December was important, apparently) and perhaps the way the adaptive learning has occurred.

You can avoid that issue by getting a manual...
Worked for me. Glad im hooked on driving stick.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #27
onestout
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103860
What I Drive: 2013 black SFE

FF Reputation: 1 onestout Good Standing Member
I think it will probably work fine the with the current trans. besides, what's the weak point that gives it that rating?? I've got a C5 supercharged and the stock clutch, trans, and rear works fine with that, and they aren't rated for the 650+hp that it's seeing now. Finding the weak point is half the fun of the mods.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
I've had my SEL since February of this year and I've had zero problems. Once they did a transmission reprogtam it works fine. If I was to go back and rebuy my car, I would buy the automatic again. I honestly believe that most of the complaining you read is by people who haven't had to software update, or just whine bitch and moan when something doesn't work how they think it should.

They're great cars, don't let some bitching turn you off from considering them.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using FF Mobile
Old 09-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #29
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestout View Post
I think it will probably work fine the with the current trans. besides, what's the weak point that gives it that rating?? I've got a C5 supercharged and the stock clutch, trans, and rear works fine with that, and they aren't rated for the 650+hp that it's seeing now. Finding the weak point is half the fun of the mods.
Ask Getrag, as they designed the transmission.

http://www.getrag.com/en/231

Its only rated for about 180 lb-ft of torque, Dry dual clutch transmissions have lower torque thresholds than single clutch manual or wet clutch dcts.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #30
DayGlow
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102589
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 DayGlow Good Standing Member
I wonder if there will be clutch upgrades. I know the SST in the Evo has aftermarket clutch packs.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->