Will not start! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
lostagainsomewhere
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104057
What I Drive: 2003, Red, LX

FF Reputation: 1 lostagainsomewhere Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation Will not start!

Okay! I have a 2003 LX with a 2.0 SPI in it. It just up and quit running on me as I was driving it. This is what I do know. Fuel pump is working, fuel filter is not clogged, nor is the fuel regulator and the car does have fuel in the tank. I have a strong spark coming off all 4 plugs. It turns over but does not start. And I have compression in all 4 cylinders, all the plugs are dry. Car has new battery, There is no back fire when turning it over so I don't think its the timing. Hate the dealership because I have to bring my own lube when they even think about pricing a quote. And for a shop to look at it. I might as well scrape the dam car becuse they will find everything that isnt wrong with it. So please help me ! I am stuck on this one. And I don't think its theTPS either because the car would start up but run like crap. Right?

Last edited by lostagainsomewhere; 09-21-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to add stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
FocusGhia
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94579
What I Drive: 2001 Ghia 1.6

FF Reputation: 3 FocusGhia Good Standing Member
Crankshaft Position Sensor possibly.....check wiring.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
lostagainsomewhere
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusGhia View Post
Crankshaft Position Sensor possibly.....check wiring.
I have went through this car with a fine tooth comb. That was may first guess, but if the CPS goes out I wouldn't get fuel or spark at the plugs. I just don't have this gas smell everyone talks about coming out the tail pipe. I don't understand this car becuse it never threw a fault code so I am stuck with guessing. And guessing gets to be expensive. I have been all over the internet looking at others with the same problems but no one repost what it was to fix it. I am clueless on this problem because every thing is working but the car starting.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
FWIW to narrow down the problem, can you hear/feel the injectors "clicking" when someone cranks it for you?
Old 09-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
lostagainsomewhere
Focus Rookie

Sorry for the delay. Okay! We checked the injectors and they felt like they sprayed. I smelled gas in the carburetor after doing this. So I assume that they work. Not to sure because I don't know if I am feeling the relays clicking in. I had the fuel rail changed out 3 years ago because this was a Ford recall. Ford changed it out. This car has me so pissed off that I may have to give in and take it to a shop or dealership. To me I would set this dam car on fire and call it go but its my wife's car and we are sharing another gas guzzling Ford for driving back and forth to work. I will give this thread a few more days then I give up.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->