6 disc radio in 2005 Focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Acey_Alighieri
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102758
What I Drive: 2005 black ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 Acey_Alighieri Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy 6 disc radio in 2005 Focus

I recently bought a 6 disc out of another Focus. It worked for a night and because the radio sat not used it kept two of my cd's. I got them out and plugged the cd player back in to see if it would work. It did, but the screen died and I couldn't see anything. So I was wondering what a solution might be to fix this that wouldn't cost a lot. Was also wondering if anyone knew what the small square red plug in is. My original radio doesn't have it but it is on my harness.
Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

Points 13,468, Level 75
Points: 13,468, Level: 75 Points: 13,468, Level: 75 Points: 13,468, Level: 75
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
If the screen died you might be screwed. it could be the actual screen itself or it could be a problem in the circuit board itself, and there isnt really any way of knowing but i could be wrong on that one.

And honestly your best bet is always to go aftermarket, it sounds much better than stock, and if you invest a little $ and not go for the cheapest unit, it will last longer than the car itself. IMO a double din unit looks awesome in the 05-07 dash.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums
Old 09-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Acey_Alighieri
Focus Rookie

Yea I was thinking that as well. I have researched the aftermarket and it just seems like to much. By the time I am done it would be like $250-300 in final. Plus I like the way the stock looks in the car.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 11,385, Level 70
Points: 11,385, Level: 70 Points: 11,385, Level: 70 Points: 11,385, Level: 70
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 62 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey_Alighieri View Post
Yea I was thinking that as well. I have researched the aftermarket and it just seems like to much. By the time I am done it would be like $250-300 in final. Plus I like the way the stock looks in the car.
Ditto ^^^^^ I like how the oem looks too. & can the aftermarket be run from the 2ndary audio controls?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
Acey_Alighieri
Focus Rookie

The steering wheel controls? It is like a extra $50 to be able to use it and pioneer is the only one that you can use it on. Unfortunately. :(
Old 09-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
tech10002
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104134
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 tech10002 Good Standing Member
You can buy a steering wheel control module for any aftermarket brand stereo from a couple different companies. I've used PAC modules in the past. The universal SWI-RC will control virtually any brand aftermarket radio with a remote input.

If you want to buy used and save a few bucks, you can still find the old school application specific modules too. The SWI-JACK is for JVC, Alpine, Clarion, Kenwood, and Blaupunkt. The SWI-PS is for Pioneer and Sony. Finally, the SWI-ECL2 is for Eclipse.

They also make a non brand specific SWI-X model that can learn infrared commands from the original remote and control anything that has IR capability, so you can even control really oddball stuff. I set up a car computer one time and programmed a SWI-X to emulate the Windows Media Center remote.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.