MyFord Touch Reliability after 2.0 update - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
sillyblue9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103095
What I Drive: Outback

FF Reputation: 1 sillyblue9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MyFord Touch Reliability after March 2012 update

I am looking at getting Focus Titanium but my biggest hang up is the reliability of MFT. I know it had a lot of issues, but how is it after the update

Also what is Ford answer when it comes to future updates? Do they updated it regularly?

Finally were there any software or hardware improvements made to the 2013 models?

Thanks!!

Last edited by sillyblue9; 08-26-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
The current version is V3.0.2
Old 08-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
VH5150
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97424
What I Drive: '14 PB ST2, '12 TB Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VH5150 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've had my 6/12/12 build date Ti for almost 2 months--knock on wood, but I've yet to have any issues at all with MFT.
2014 Focus ST2-9/9/13 Build Date-Performance Blue-Charcoal/Blue Recaros-Moonroof-Cobb Intake w/AIRPORTAL-Magnaflow-Breedt QuickShift Arm & Knob-QuickLifts-Garageline 20/25 Spacers-UK "Ford Power" Ignition Button-WeatherTech Visors-Rally Armors
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
I would guess that the new model year cars are running the same version as the previous model years. 3.0 fixed a lot of issues. Its much more reliable, voice controls work much better. I know there is a lot of bitchin and complaining on these boards about it, honestly I think half of them are running the older versions, but I bet for every one complainers there is 100 satisfied users.

I've heard they are working on the the next patch.
Don't let MFT hold you back on these cars. I think you can get a 2013 Ti without it anyways.

Last edited by Burns098356GX; 09-04-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
oldpueblo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus

FF Reputation: 1 oldpueblo Good Standing Member
Mine freezes regularly and I have the latest update, however I've not had it in yet to get the apim or whatever replaced. And it didn't used to be this bad so I'm assuming something has to be replaced. So I'm holding my full frustration for after I take it in and it still happens. I do one thing only with it, stream Bluetooth audio. When it works, its awesome.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
DardenUnited
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99045
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 DardenUnited Good Standing Member
My biggest frustration with MFT is that about half the time (with no rhyme or reason why) I am unable to control Bluetooth audio with the steering wheel or console buttons and have to use my phone screen (iPhone 4). First-world problems, I suppose, but still. Also, voice nav is wonky - guess it doesn't like my accent much, because it doesn't always pick up on street names. Good thing I can at least spell them. Otherwise works fine. Oh yeah - car is a 2013 Focus ST.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
drex83
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92981
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 drex83 Good Standing Member
I've done the update and still have issues. My radio stations stopped showing up on the screen and my time on the clock has locked up twice since the update and has to be reset manually. I pretty much just don't use it at all. I change my temps and radio manually and don't use the bluetooth for the phone anymore. Just glad I have my screen for the backup camera.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->