buying cold air intake. opinions? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
RuffnRider77
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97528
Location: Gurnee, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SE

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 RuffnRider77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have the FS Werks CAI and had one from them for my Jetta previously and i prefer them over others because i really like the itg filter instead of the K&N style, also i find that the sound you get from it is more enjoyable during driving. Easy to install and looks better.
__________________
Low Life
RuffnRider77 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #22
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09
 
Chaos09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95090
Location: Winchester, KY
What I Drive: 12 Focus, 13 Focus ST

Posts: 3,493
FF Reputation: 7 Chaos09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
STEEDA! By far the best in my opinion. Steedabrandon will hook you up with fast shipping.
__________________
Coils, Skid plate, Billet grille, Steeda CAI and STS, FSwerks Stealth Exhaust, ST spoiler, Zetec S body kit, Mid Wing, Bojix Lip, Steeda prototype engine cover


Sonic's MK3 Crew #9 Chaos!
Chaos09 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #23
AeR0_84
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89717
Location: Ontario, Canada, Canada
What I Drive: 12,Focus,Black,Hatch,5spd,sport pkg

Posts: 213
FF Reputation: 1 AeR0_84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akight View Post
sure... i can't justify paying $300 dollars for an intake that is (in my opinion) no better than fswerks which is $180... furthermore steeda advertises it as a cold air intake, which it is not (it simply utilizes the stock ram intake system)... so a company that charges nearly double what it's competitor charges for a product that is (again, in my opinion) no better and calls it something that it is not... that doesn't bode well with me. on top of all that, fswerks uses itg filters which i am a huge fan of and have had great success with as long as i've run them

here are both websites so you can compare for yourself... i find the dyno numbers interesting considering the price difference in products (yes steeda's torque numbers are higher, but that's an extra $120 for 1.6 ft-lbs more torque)

http://www.fswerks.com/fswerks_coolflo_air_intake.htm

http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/201...ir-intake.html

aside from all of that... i would go with a (true) cold air intake over a short ram given the option (which is why i stated that even if you gave it to me for free i wouldn't run it...)
i wont pay 300.00 for the Steeda one, simply i agree with you i dont feel its worth it, but im not about to spend 180 buxs on the fswerx one either.

id love to see steeda lower thier price,perhaps more ppl would buy if so!
AeR0_84 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #24
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09
 
Chaos09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95090
Location: Winchester, KY
What I Drive: 12 Focus, 13 Focus ST

Posts: 3,493
FF Reputation: 7 Chaos09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
People do buy the Steeda CAI. They buy it for the quality, performance, and ease of mind. I would buy the Steeda again. It's a proven intake for power.
__________________
Coils, Skid plate, Billet grille, Steeda CAI and STS, FSwerks Stealth Exhaust, ST spoiler, Zetec S body kit, Mid Wing, Bojix Lip, Steeda prototype engine cover


Sonic's MK3 Crew #9 Chaos!
Chaos09 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #25
matmatician
Cars&Corgis
 
matmatician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81361
Location: Mill Creek, WA
What I Drive: A Garsh Dern 'Murican Flag, Ducatis

Posts: 4,273
FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-Focus View Post
People do buy the Steeda CAI. They buy it for the quality, performance, and ease of mind. I would buy the Steeda again. It's a proven intake for power.
^^ yup. not to mention, the heat shield looks badass.

and if ANYTHING Steeda showed up free at my door, you bet your sweet behind it's goin on my car!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
What spare tire? The one that adds weight? Psh. Its wherever my A/C is.
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
matmatician is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #26
ben28806
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104238
Location: Asheville, NC
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black zts 5speed

Posts: 3
FF Reputation: 1 ben28806 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I love my steeda!!!!!
ben28806 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #27
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04
 
darkangelism's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85425
Location: oklahoma city, OK
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 6,890
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akight View Post
sure... i can't justify paying $300 dollars for an intake that is (in my opinion) no better than fswerks which is $180... furthermore steeda advertises it as a cold air intake, which it is not (it simply utilizes the stock ram intake system)... so a company that charges nearly double what it's competitor charges for a product that is (again, in my opinion) no better and calls it something that it is not... that doesn't bode well with me. on top of all that, fswerks uses itg filters which i am a huge fan of and have had great success with as long as i've run them

here are both websites so you can compare for yourself... i find the dyno numbers interesting considering the price difference in products (yes steeda's torque numbers are higher, but that's an extra $120 for 1.6 ft-lbs more torque)

http://www.fswerks.com/fswerks_coolflo_air_intake.htm

http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/201...ir-intake.html

aside from all of that... i would go with a (true) cold air intake over a short ram given the option (which is why i stated that even if you gave it to me for free i wouldn't run it...)

Yes from a price/performance ratio the fswerks is better, but for that just do the drop in k&n and snorkel delete and get the same numbers for $40

Get the steeda if you want as much possible power, combine it with a snorkel delete or newmission mod for even better power.
darkangelism is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
steven11
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 100458
Location: saskatoon, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 black focus sel

Posts: 5
FF Reputation: 1 steven11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thanks for all the feedback guys, and the steeda people getting in on the topic aswell. ill be going with the steeda just going to place an order, someone mention'd steedabrandon for fast shipping? this is Canada included i hope :P


Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Here's mine, custom powder coated and installed, I love it!

nicely done, looks very good.
steven11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
matmatician
Cars&Corgis
 
matmatician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81361
Location: Mill Creek, WA
What I Drive: A Garsh Dern 'Murican Flag, Ducatis

Posts: 4,273
FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thanks man! It was pretty cheap to do, I think it was like $60 bucks or so
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
What spare tire? The one that adds weight? Psh. Its wherever my A/C is.
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
matmatician is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
SteedaBrandon
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96136
Location: n/a, United States
What I Drive: n/a

Posts: 128
FF Reputation: 1 SteedaBrandon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven11 View Post
thanks for all the feedback guys, and the steeda people getting in on the topic aswell. ill be going with the steeda just going to place an order, someone mention'd steedabrandon for fast shipping? this is Canada included i hope :P
Ok, sounds good. Shoot me a PM when you get ready and I'd be glad to help.
SteedaBrandon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.