SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 64 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #631
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
will give it a shot guys, thanks
Coper has it correct. You may need to put your phone in Bluetooth discover mode. I have to on my basic phone, but not sure of others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #632
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
Got the update...went to dealer with other issues and said I heard there was a new update he said yes but he could only give it to me if I had issues and I told him FM stations don't always show and he fixed it...everything seems fine right now.
Can you check just to confirm what version you have.

On MFT, Press "gears" in bottom middle, then Help, Then system information. It'll say mid-way down something to the effect of CCPU S/W version 4.28.12xxx_product.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #633
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Was it working after you installed v3.2.2?

Have you tried;

1. deleting and re-pairing

2. reverse pairing

3. remove battery from phone while it's on, then connecting BT

4. delay ed reboot.cab(all one word)
Just to be clear these are 4 different things you can try, don't have to do all 4 if one other works.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #634
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Its funny after my fix. One of the symptoms of 3.22 I noticed was occassionally my home screen would show "CONNECT A PHONE". but when I went into the phone menu all I could do was disconnect it. So it was connected. I figured this was possibly part of the flawed install that resulted in my climate control loss and once the dealer flashed everything back it would likely resolve that too.

NOPE!. Still shows "CONNECT A PHONE".

Also lastnight on the way home I tested a phone call using the handsfree and it changed my AM station to random FM station. Wow!.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #635
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Any chance you can post a copy of or let us know what was on your work order? I'm trying to educate my dealer.
The work order says "contacted hotline for any known concerns hot line replied reprogram APIM and retest. performed APIM reprogram as per shop manual after reprogram found OK." Sure enough, it did the trick!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #636
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Got Bluetooth MAP working again, it appears it was an issue with my phone. Sorry Ford. Not really.....
Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #637
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Got Bluetooth MAP working again, it appears it was an issue with my phone. Sorry Ford. Not really.....
How?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #638
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Quote:
can you check just to confirm what version you have.

On mft, press "gears" in bottom middle, then help, then system information. It'll say mid-way down something to the effect of ccpu s/w version 4.28.12xxx_product.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #639
georgegren
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96328
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 georgegren Good Standing Member
Anyone else having an issue with losing the Sirius based sync services, ie TRAFFIC, WEATHER, etc.. since their update?

I keep losing them, if I do a Master Reset, they come back for a day and then lose connection again. I tried having Sirius resend a signal, that doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #640
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgegren View Post
Anyone else having an issue with losing the Sirius based sync services, ie TRAFFIC, WEATHER, etc.. since their update?

I keep losing them, if I do a Master Reset, they come back for a day and then lose connection again. I tried having Sirius resend a signal, that doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Yep. It used to take about 5-7 days before I lost them and had to reboot to get them back. Since 3.2.2 it doesn't even last 2 days. I have done 3 reboots since Monday (I do reboots, I hate Master Resets because it wipes out all of the presets, wallpaper, phone, etc.) In all honesty, it didn't work that great with 3.0.2 for me and like I said I had reboot with that version as well, just not this often.

Call Ford and they'll tell you it is Sirius' fault and they are not sending the signal. Tell them that it is amazingly coincidental that after every reset/reboot the signal is suddenly there. Ask them how Sirius knows you just did a reset/reboot and suddenly knew to send out a signal. You will get nothing but silence on the other end of the phone (trust me, I've done it).

I've tested every single thing I could think of to fix this/get it working better. Everything I have tried leads me one conclusion - this is entirely a problem with MFT and has nothing to do with Sirius.

Worked flawlessly when I had 2.11.

Bookmarks & Social Networks