SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 61 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #601
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasaris View Post
Dropped my Focus off at the dealership to have them look at the climate issue on MFT. They did manage to fix it and I now have temps being displaid correctly, I haven't tested the voice commands yet.

According to the service writer I spoke with he said the tech wiped and re-formatted the APIM and re-installed the latest update with their IDS equipment.

Here is what they put on my work order.
Can you or smizak please confirm the following on your MFT. I'm trying to find out if the "dealer version" is a bit different.

Press "gears" in bottom middle, then Help, Then system information. It'll say mid-way down something to the effect of CCPU S/W version 4.28.12xxx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #602
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Weird. My software version is 4.28.12156_PRODUCT
Old 10-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #603
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Weird. My software version is 4.28.12156_PRODUCT
Kind of what I expected, that's v 3.2.2. It seems this will leave me no choice but to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. Unless I wait for v3.2.3 or higher. Trying to confirm now with my dealer that they're able to "reflash" my APIM.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #604
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Looks like this topic is finally dying off. I printed out that dealer fix from Kasaris and decided I'm tired of waiting for Sync to release a fix or a 3.23 so mine's scheduled to go in tomorrow. I can't express how disappointed I am in Ford with the way they handled this.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #605
thosw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92594
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Ti 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 thosw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Looks like this topic is finally dying off. I printed out that dealer fix from Kasaris and decided I'm tired of waiting for Sync to release a fix or a 3.23 so mine's scheduled to go in tomorrow. I can't express how disappointed I am in Ford with the way they handled this.
I took my car to my dealer last week for an oil change and had them look at my 3.2.2 install with the missing lower quadrant temperature indicators on the touch screen. I mentioned that a re-flash of the APIM corrected the problem for someone on this site. Bottom line... they weren't able to fix the problem and indicated the next software update would address this issue. They did not have a time frame for the next update. I was not surprised.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #606
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosw View Post
I took my car to my dealer last week for an oil change and had them look at my 3.2.2 install with the missing lower quadrant temperature indicators on the touch screen. I mentioned that a re-flash of the APIM corrected the problem for someone on this site. Bottom line... they weren't able to fix the problem and indicated the next software update would address this issue. They did not have a time frame for the next update. I was not surprised.
Taking mine in tomorrow. The service manager told me on the phone that my VIN wasn't affected by this issue but they're going to try and re flash it anyway.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a waste of time.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using FF Mobile
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #607
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Where do they find the techs ? As I'm dropping my car off and explaining everything to the service manager a tech over hears and tells us that if I'm using an iPhone that it causes corruption for the Microsoft sync and that's why I lost climate. Ugh. Great. Please tell me you won't be working on my car. After a few mins of debate and me explaining that I'm just one of many with this issue as a direct result of the fouled sync 3.22 update he felt a battery disconnect would fix it. I told him I bet it won't. Many have been there done that. I even showed him the printout. Wow. Why did I buy a ford ? I also have one headlight with a weird condensation stain on the inside that never goes away. They said they'll have to take a pic of it and send it to ford for approval to replace the headlight. You can clearly see the stuff is in one light and not the other. I have a feeling ford will say the condensation is within normal tolerances and deny replacement. So there's an acceptable range now of crappy workmanship!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #608
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Where do they find the techs ? As I'm dropping my car off and explaining everything to the service manager a tech over hears and tells us that if I'm using an iPhone that it causes corruption for the Microsoft sync and that's why I lost climate. Ugh. Great. Please tell me you won't be working on my car. After a few mins of debate and me explaining that I'm just one of many with this issue as a direct result of the fouled sync 3.22 update he felt a battery disconnect would fix it. I told him I bet it won't. Many have been there done that. I even showed him the printout. Wow. Why did I buy a ford ? I also have one headlight with a weird condensation stain on the inside that never goes away. They said they'll have to take a pic of it and send it to ford for approval to replace the headlight. You can clearly see the stuff is in one light and not the other. I have a feeling ford will say the condensation is within normal tolerances and deny replacement. So there's an acceptable range now of crappy workmanship!
Any other dealers nearby?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #609
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Where do they find the techs ? As I'm dropping my car off and explaining everything to the service manager a tech over hears and tells us that if I'm using an iPhone that it causes corruption for the Microsoft sync and that's why I lost climate. Ugh. Great. Please tell me you won't be working on my car.
Fascinating! I'm was using an iPhone 4 before I installed 3.2.2 and my climate was fully-functional after install. I am now using an iPhone 5 post-install and my climate is still working fine.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't want that whack-job working on my car either!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #610
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
My S/W version is 4.26.12023_PRODUCT. Does that indicate 3.0.2?

Bookmarks & Social Networks