SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 54 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #531
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
If only it were as simple as renaming the files and re-installing it.
that would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #532
jjeremyy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87605
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 jjeremyy Good Standing Member
Does anyone have a copy of the 3.2.2 software they'd be willing to share? I'm so tired of loosing text on the onscreen buttons and have no issue risking the loss of the MFT climate section. I always use the physical buttons and nobs for for climate. Pulling the fuse to force a reboot gives me button text on the screen for about a day before I loose it again.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #533
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeremyy View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the 3.2.2 software they'd be willing to share? I'm so tired of loosing text on the onscreen buttons and have no issue risking the loss of the MFT climate section. I always use the physical buttons and nobs for for climate. Pulling the fuse to force a reboot gives me button text on the screen for about a day before I loose it again.
Sounds illegal...

Last edited by PratoN; 10-03-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Shh...
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #534
jjeremyy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87605
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 jjeremyy Good Standing Member
Ahhh! Thank you! :-)
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #535
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
P,

There's gotta be some file on that thumb-drive that's giving MFT version information for it to realize what your trying to install is an earlier version.

An old trick of flashing firmware on another Media device I have at home was to rename a certain audit file to show a higher numeric value than what was installed and it would install it. Otherwise it would just do the same as our MFT and say that the version were trying to install is too old.
There's an "interrogator" app in the update package that appears to do this however the files are signed which means any modification to file will likely corrupt it.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #536
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Just picked my car back up (dropped it off on Wednesday last week so 8 days of service this time. I'll supposedly get paperwork in the mail, but if previous times are any indication I won't see that for a month at least) and MFT has been fixed. Well, the climate control issue has and I retained my temperature so I assume I still have 3.2.2. My adviser said that from what they were told the version downloaded from SMR was "half the problem." No clue what that means. He stated next time an update gets released I should probably wait a week or so before downloading it. I told him I didn't see how it could hurt since MFT can't get much worse to which he just sort of smiled and nodded (I know they can't really do all that much about it, but I am not exactly pleased with it). I have some more to post, but that would be off-topic since it relates to something else. I'll post it in the DCT thread.

EDIT: Just went outside to repair my phone and noticed that my USB isn't really working correctly. If I plug it in it will blink for a few seconds and then nothing. MFT will show up with Unknown Artist/Unknown Track, but that's it. Going to the USB tab is met with a "USB device not found DSKDRV 5:" or something of that nature, not looking at it at the moment. Hitting previous on the screen brings up the "browse the drive if you want to play music" screen that comes up when a playlist finishes. Volume does nothing except adjust the volume on the screen, I still hear nothing. If I hit next on the screen (not the steering wheel, previous/next no longer work for USB it seems) it will go to the second song (which is still something by Vitamin C, so it's still not indexing correctly) and then operate as it usually does (i.e. not well, but no worse than it has been). Well, at least I have temperature back...that's...something?
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #537
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I am not sure which numbers you are referring to as being the correct ones.

Just to be clear:

3.2.2 = 4.29.12156 (not 4.29.12268)
3.0.2 = 4.29.12023 (not 4.29.10203)
I apologize, my original post was incorrect, but I did fix it the second time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Thanks muchly for ivt lady Jaclyn who greatly earns her money when crud like this happens.
You're welcome, blackraven456, I'm working my fingers to the bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
More than 2 weeks on 3.2.2 and still doing ok. However, I started to notice that when I say "Play Artist <your artist here>", MFT confirms by saying "Playing Artist <your artist here>" but it doesn't play anything at all. I tried with Play Genre as well, same thing. I don't think I experienced that prior to 3.2.2.
Hey, fixxer -

When this happens, does the display show the requested media with the music ticker and there's just no audio or does nothing change on the screen at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
At least you guys have a mft that kinda works.....ours was just a blank screen most of the time with a message saying sd card fault...except when we took it to the dealer then it would come on for a couple days...finally had to take pictures before they would even look at it and then we cannot fix it because we cannot duplicate the problem.......... I think some of the issues are more than software related.....B-lou
Hi, B-lou -

To clarify, are you on version 3.2.2 yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post

EDIT: Just went outside to repair my phone and noticed that my USB isn't really working correctly. If I plug it in it will blink for a few seconds and then nothing. MFT will show up with Unknown Artist/Unknown Track, but that's it. Going to the USB tab is met with a "USB device not found DSKDRV 5:" or something of that nature, not looking at it at the moment. Hitting previous on the screen brings up the "browse the drive if you want to play music" screen that comes up when a playlist finishes. Volume does nothing except adjust the volume on the screen, I still hear nothing. If I hit next on the screen (not the steering wheel, previous/next no longer work for USB it seems) it will go to the second song (which is still something by Vitamin C, so it's still not indexing correctly) and then operate as it usually does (i.e. not well, but no worse than it has been). Well, at least I have temperature back...that's...something?
Have you performed a Master Reset since the installation of 3.2.2, forceflow2?

I look forward to your replies!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #538
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Have you performed a Master Reset since the installation of 3.2.2, forceflow2?
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I am not sure which numbers you are referring to as being the correct ones.

Just to be clear:

3.2.2 = 4.29.12156 (not 4.29.12268)
3.0.2 = 4.29.12023 (not 4.29.10203)
Do you happen to know what the 4.29 signifies, because mine is listed as 4.28.12156. If it is just a version number, then I wonder if there are different versions of 3.2.2 or something. Not sure what it was before I took it to the dealership.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #539
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Do you happen to know what the 4.29 signifies, because mine is listed as 4.28.12156. If it is just a version number, then I wonder if there are different versions of 3.2.2 or something. Not sure what it was before I took it to the dealership.
Yet another typo, it's 4.28 as you indicate.

I'd like to know what version 4.29.12268 is. Jaclyn?
Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #540
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Yet another typo, it's 4.28 as you indicate.

I'd like to know what version 4.29.12268 is. Jaclyn?
If that is a real number, I would presume it is the latest build (August 26, 2012) as opposed to the June 15, 2012 build that we have all installed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks