SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 52 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #511
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk here Jaclyn but people have been taking there cars to the dealership and the dealerships short of replacing the apim module have NOT been able to fix the issue we are having with the update. A lot of us have a hard time taking off work to head to the dealership if they can't fix it.
I think the big question is ... Is ford going to release an update that we can install at home that will fix the climate issue. The dealerships have the exact same 3.2.2 update that was released, so I'm not sure how going there will fix my problem.
I don't mean to take any frustration out on you, but these are the issues we have been dealing with for over a week now with no real answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
I have to agree with you here. I'm all for taking the car to dealerships for a fix, but only if it really is a fix (I expected some issues with a completely overhauled Focus model). I've only heard of 1 person (so far...) that had success at a dealer.
If I have to take it into a dealer, fine, but I want to KNOW there is a for sure fix before I do.
I'm not an engineer and or a decision maker, but I do pass along the concerns, feedback, and videos you share with me. I can't speculate on what's coming, but as soon as I obtain new information, I promise to pass it along to you, Focusinva and HuskerFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
I sent an email to the service team I was assigned to when I purchased the vehicle. The dealership has several service teams based on a color; red team, blue team, brown team, etc., and their emails are made available to us as customers if we ever have a question about our vehicle. The email asked if they could fix the CC problem, I didn't want to drive all the way out there just to find out they couldn't do anything about it.
I also sent emails to SMR but they seem to be in the dark as to what's going on.
If a user installable patch is coming I can wait, I just need to know what the next steps are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
Yeah, I'll just wait. "Once it's back up"? As in a new updated version of the recent update haha, or the same exact thing? I shouldn't have to waste my time out of my day, effort to go to my dealer and explain (because they probably don't know what's going on), and waste my gas to drive there, and patience of sitting around waiting for them to "hopefully" fix it, like a few on here have been unsuccessful because we all downloaded faulty software.... Give us a downloadable fix.
Hey, oritpro & wilsonfocus86 -

I can't comment on what the dealership is doing, but PM me any time. I work closely with the phone and chat support agents. As soon as I find out the next step, I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Please check those numbers. There is already too much MFT confusion.

3.0.2 = 12023
3.2.2 = 12156
Those are the correct CCPU numbers based upon the specified version. Let me know if you have additional questions, Kabigon.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #512
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post

Those are the correct CCPU numbers based upon the specified version. Let me know if you have additional questions, Kabigon.

Jaclyn
I am not sure which numbers you are referring to as being the correct ones.

Just to be clear:

3.2.2 = 4.29.12156 (not 4.29.12268)
3.0.2 = 4.29.12023 (not 4.29.10203)

Last edited by Kabigon; 10-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #513
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
I noticed that the ETA for when you have a destination set has been fixed with 3.2.2.

The update has been, overall, an improvement for me. I didn't lose the climate functionality and it *seems* more stable. It has only re-booted itself once since I updated last Sunday. Knock on wood.
I'd agree so far - my experience has been the same.

That said, there is still a completely unacceptable number of bugs/issues/non-working features on this version. Ford's had six months to address them since the last major release!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #514
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
If i had to guess i bet we'll all have to wait another month for a 3.2.5 or something like that that will fix the problems that the last one created for those who put it on.

I don't understand why Ford doesn't change its delivery system either. They should create full images of each version of mft for each car model they can put on the car computer that will fully wipe and delete any previous install. Continually patching over itself makes no sense. Then again, this is what happens when you hire people whose biggest project before was a soda dispenser.

Thanks muchly for ivt lady Jaclyn who greatly earns her money when crud like this happens.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #515
fixxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100842
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Focus Titanium Hb

FF Reputation: 1 fixxer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
I'd agree so far - my experience has been the same.

That said, there is still a completely unacceptable number of bugs/issues/non-working features on this version. Ford's had six months to address them since the last major release!
More than 2 weeks on 3.2.2 and still doing ok. However, I started to notice that when I say "Play Artist <your artist here>", MFT confirms by saying "Playing Artist <your artist here>" but it doesn't play anything at all. I tried with Play Genre as well, same thing. I don't think I experienced that prior to 3.2.2.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #516
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempusthales View Post
I took my car back to the dealer and reverted it back to 3.0.2. The climate wasn't the only issue but the bluetooth with the phone was another issue. It would connect with my iPhone and then about 30 seconds later it would show no phone connected. If I went into the settings it showed a phone connected but I couldn't make calls. I had to disconnect and reconnect to get it to make calls. The 3.0.2 connects to my phone right away. The 3.2.2 was real buggy. I can't believe Ford didn't do much more testing and find these issues.
They accomplished this how exactly? So far I'm under the impression that Ford says this is impossible.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #517
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
They accomplished this how exactly? So far I'm under the impression that Ford says this is impossible.
Well, your impression is correct with "Ford says this is impossible". That is what Ford says. Now, is it really impossible? I highly doubt it.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #518
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Well, your impression is correct with "Ford says this is impossible". That is what Ford says. Now, is it really impossible? I highly doubt it.
Agreed. It's not something we can do at home, but with the right resources, you can roll back to an old version - or, at the very least, overwrite the image with a factory 3.0.2.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #519
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Agreed. It's not something we can do at home, but with the right resources, you can roll back to an old version - or, at the very least, overwrite the image with a factory 3.0.2.
This is totally possible! Seems like they have no back out plan in place. A hack from someone would be sweet!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #520
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
A hack from someone would be sweet!
I'm giving it some serious consideration. Do you mind waiting 2 years?

Bookmarks & Social Networks