SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #41
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Weird. Maybe I'll re-download it (in case they updated it on the site? 0_o) and then try the Delayed Reboot app when I'm done just in case?

Once we get a few more guinea pigs, that is.
I am wondering the same thing. Mine is downloaded and ready to install ... but ... I think I'll re-download tomorrow and see if there is any indication it is slightly different. At this point, I'm having second thoughts about doing the update tonight.

It may not help, but if / when I install this "update", I'm goanna perform a master reset first. IDK
Hatch Nation #174
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #42
Ox-y-GenIII
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90008
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 Ox-y-GenIII Good Standing Member
Is this for Sync with the 8" touch screen only or with the SEL 4" screen too?

2012 Oxford White Focus Hatchback
Dyno #'s 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #43
cheekedave
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103448
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Silver

FF Reputation: 1 cheekedave Good Standing Member
I just updated to v3.2.2. Climate screen is also always off, even though I can hit the buttons and it reacts. Someone must have written a bad line of code :)

I will see how it acts during my work commute tomorrow and comment on any other changes, if any!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #44
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
Just the 8" touchscreen, as far as I know.

I believe the thread title should say "MyFord Touch" and not "SYNC".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekedave View Post
Someone must have written a bad line of code :)
I'm kind of wondering what hardware / software I'll need to buy if I decide to seriously consider rewriting the code for MFT. It's just that I'm sure everything is probably encrypted... such a pain. There's always rerouting everything and just having the screen hook up to my Android... but that would take years (for me personally) to research and develop. I feel like going through someone else's code and finding flaws might be shorter in the long run - but then again, maybe not considering how badly written this code apparently is.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #45
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII View Post
Only MFT. since they mentioned Sync G2. Besides its the exact same update that was released, then pulled, then re released without change for the Taurus/Explorer/MKX/Edge/MKS/et al. And the same update I told them was coming as sort of a warning/ notification that it doesn't seem to fix much but they weren't lying about updating it.

There has been no announced updates for sync G1 even though later builds than mine are running versions higher than 3.1.1 but there were no official updates for just sync w/myford.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #46
cheekedave
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103448
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Silver

FF Reputation: 1 cheekedave Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I'm kind of wondering what hardware / software I'll need to buy if I decide to seriously consider rewriting the code for MFT. It's just that I'm sure everything is probably encrypted... such a pain. There's always rerouting everything and just having the screen hook up to my Android... but that would take years (for me personally) to research and develop. I feel like going through someone else's code and finding flaws might be shorter in the long run - but then again, maybe not considering how badly written this code apparently is.
I would be willing to put some time in to research a work around to develop something. I have a pretty good programming and engineering background. I might start to play around with it and see what I can find.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
I would be willing to put some time in to research a work around to develop something. I have a pretty good programming and engineering background. I might start to play around with it and see what I can find.
I am of the same background and already tried, good luck. If you can get Ford to respond to your queries then you're already one step ahead of me.

Personally, I think I could do a better job of building an Infotainment center and will probably do something for my wifes Xterra.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #48
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Well, I'm a mechanical engineer, not software. But I was required to take a few programming classes back in the old days (lol, I graduated like 1.5 years ago). I'm not computer illiterate - in fact, I almost went into a CE/SE major but changed my mind last minute. Anyway, I'm sure it's something I could learn if I really wanted to put the time and effort into it and it's definitely something that could pay off in the long run. Money isn't really even an issue; I just need more free time.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #49
bcornea81
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88462
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 bcornea81 Good Standing Member
I just flashed the update about an hour ago. I kept the climate control on the whole time during the update process (its cold here in Michigan!). It seems to be working very well on the MFT interface. I did notice that typing in something from the keyboard responds more. The lag is completely cut in half. A job well done so far. They just better be consistent on these updates.

Is anybody who already confirmed the update have any issues "confirming" it after plugging the flash drive on there PC. I get a "Your SYNC software update was not confirmed successfully" error. I tried switching ports and it still happening. Any thoughts on this. I remember somebody in here posting up a fix for it. I searched for a few minutes and I go zero luck.
Born Date: May 26, 2011
Pick-Up Date: June 20, 2011
Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #50
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
i am wondering if the people who successfully installed the update without the climate problems have build dates after a certain date. Another thought... did everyone update from MFT G2 3.0.2 or did the people having problems update from an older release of MFT? there has to be some sort of connection between the two groups of people.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->