SYNC Update Available on Focus!!! - Page 37 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #361
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Took my Focus in yesterday for the MFT issue (as well as 6 other things. Wrote a two page, highly descriptive letter, with pictures, explaining everything because I am sick and tired of them not fixing things due to it being "normal" or for whatever reason. They stated they were impressed with the detail and were able to recreate all the issues, so that's something). They stated that they were ordering a new APIM because the 3.2.2. version wasn't for the Focus, at least that's what Ford told them when they called. Told him it showed up on SMR and he said that was weird, but obviously wasn't sure why that would happen. (Pretty much word for word: "What happened was the update you flashed wasn't for the Focus and that's why you lost all those controls." "But it showed up as an update on SMR specifically for my car?" "Really? That's...I don't know why that happened, but we're going to go ahead and replace it with the latest version for the Focus and get you fixed up.") So I have to wonder if someone didn't push the update for the other vehicles to the Focus VINs on accident and people pulled it before they realized what happened. Oh well, maybe MFT will be all fixed now with the new hardware

Ford needs to hurry up and release a 3.2.3 then to fix my &$@! car. Do they think we all have the time to take off work and take our cars into the dealer TWICE more to have this fixed???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #362
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Took my Focus in yesterday for the MFT issue (as well as 6 other things. Wrote a two page, highly descriptive letter, with pictures, explaining everything because I am sick and tired of them not fixing things due to it being "normal" or for whatever reason. They stated they were impressed with the detail and were able to recreate all the issues, so that's something). They stated that they were ordering a new APIM because the 3.2.2. version wasn't for the Focus, at least that's what Ford told them when they called. Told him it showed up on SMR and he said that was weird, but obviously wasn't sure why that would happen. (Pretty much word for word: "What happened was the update you flashed wasn't for the Focus and that's why you lost all those controls." "But it showed up as an update on SMR specifically for my car?" "Really? That's...I don't know why that happened, but we're going to go ahead and replace it with the latest version for the Focus and get you fixed up.") So I have to wonder if someone didn't push the update for the other vehicles to the Focus VINs on accident and people pulled it before they realized what happened. Oh well, maybe MFT will be all fixed now with the new hardware
Did you mention that ALOT of people have had success with updating their Focus with that same update and had no issues while others for no apparent reason lost the Climate control features? So, if it's not for the Focus. I wonder why it worked for some rather than failing consistently for everyone that attempted it.

Sounds like some Dealer BS to me. I'll give them that. They sure can come up with it. Must be required training when your hired on. lol
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #363
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Sounds like some Dealer BS to me. [. . . ] Must be required training when your hired on.
They could sell a ketchup popsicle to a women in white gloves.

EDIT: Also, ketchup popsicle? That's freaking gross.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #364
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Didn't think to mention the working ones. Honestly wouldn't change anything and, to be fair, the guy was very new (pretty sure this is his first week) and my regular adviser has been out so I can't hold it against him.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #365
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
Interesting how none of the Ford members have popped in on this thread!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #366
Mooch
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102493
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL 4dr 303A pkg

FF Reputation: 1 Mooch Good Standing Member
This whole MFT is really ticking me off. I have V3.0.2 and it is acting so buggy. I have 12,000 songs on my usb drive and it keeps having to re Index the entire thing for no reason every week or so. It takes like 4 hours to completely index the whole thing. Now I am trying to update to the latest version of sync but it wont give me the option to download it until I have ran the "Status Checker'. Problem is I cant even get Status checker to work! So what do I do next? I get on the phone with Sync support and spend 10 minutes giving information and explaining the problem, she puts me on hold for 7 minutes then comes back on the line to tell me this information............. "Sorry for the wait, but I have just been informed that it is not possible for Focus Owners to update to the latest version, It needs to be performed at a Dealer, The Focus will not allow the user to do it"
Old 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #367
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
This whole MFT is really ticking me off. I have V3.0.2 and it is acting so buggy. I have 12,000 songs on my usb drive and it keeps having to re Index the entire thing for no reason every week or so. It takes like 4 hours to completely index the whole thing. Now I am trying to update to the latest version of sync but it wont give me the option to download it until I have ran the "Status Checker'. Problem is I cant even get Status checker to work! So what do I do next? I get on the phone with Sync support and spend 10 minutes giving information and explaining the problem, she puts me on hold for 7 minutes then comes back on the line to tell me this information............. "Sorry for the wait, but I have just been informed that it is not possible for Focus Owners to update to the latest version, It needs to be performed at a Dealer, The Focus will not allow the user to do it"

The Focus has become sentient being
Old 09-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #368
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusinva View Post
Ford needs to hurry up and release a 3.2.3 then to fix my &$@! car. Do they think we all have the time to take off work and take our cars into the dealer TWICE more to have this fixed???
Ford outsourced the creation and development of SYNC to Microsoft.

Maybe Ford can convince Microsoft to do a better job... So far, Ford hasn't... Maybe Ford should stop believing the hype of outsourcing and start doing more in-house... Microsoft has a history of being lazy and/or untrustworthy with these sorts of partnerships. Any nerd still alive will happily go into much detail...
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #369
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
Interesting how none of the Ford members have popped in on this thread!
Ford has very little control over SYNC. Microsoft has done all the work, if you can call it that, and then sent it back to Ford regarding installs for customers...
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #370
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Ford has very little control over SYNC. Microsoft has done all the work, if you can call it that, and then sent it back to Ford regarding installs for customers...
Please educate yourself. It's no longer "hip" to bash Microsoft. SYNC was developed with Microsoft's help. SYNC is not MyFord Touch. MFT was made by BSQUARE ( http://www.bsquare.com/EventCalendar...ID=386&mid=221 ). SYNC for the most part works well.

BSQUARE is/was responsible for the system integration role which means making sure the software can properly control the climate module. Somewhere in this task, whoever does it now, they forgot to include older APIM interfaces in their integration. If the update has been pulled, then Ford knows very well about any issues and all we can do is wait, as usual.

Bookmarks & Social Networks