MyFordTouch Sync/Radio died - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
tbraun513
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93069
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 tbraun513 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MyFordTouch Sync/Radio died

So I stopped at the gas station today, everything was working on the radio and then turned the car back on and the whole center stack was dead except for the automated climate controls and the lights for the door locks and hazards. I thought maintainence mode was starting up because of the lot of glitching I was having over the month, but the whole screen is turned off as well as the sony interface and I have had nothing show up now for the last 5 hours. I pulled both fuses associated with that system, and nothing. I've pulled the battery connector and powered the whole car off... nothing. I am escalating pretty bad now and SO THANKFUL I actually bought the extended warrantee on this piece of crap system thats $2000 dollars of hell since december.

I'm really pissed off right now, the past month the damn system has been beyond glitchy and totally unacceptable. In the past month, its done the following until death:

1. Reset the clock to 12pm/am or to some completely off time. The other day I left work at 12pm and the clock changed in front of me to 9:41pm. Earlier in the month, it glitched to 12am, then back to the correct time. How can something like the CLOCK get messed up?

2. The graphic for the compass was corrupted. Colored static blocks overlaying the compass on the home screen.

3. Sync services refused to download a route. It failed three times, I gave up and told it NO when to get the route for the third time, then the car told me to turn right at the road i passed 2 miles ago. Told the system to cancel route, and it said no route was programmed even though it was barking directions and displaying info on the small screen in the dashboard behind the wheel. Turned the car off, got a soda, came back, the route cleared out.

4. Text messages binged a notification sound, then a minute later the screen flashed to box to tell me about it in less than half a second so I couldn't see the screen notification.

5. Frozen screen. Wanted to change the song, so I pressed for entertainment in the bottom left... nothing for 5 minutes.

I'm hoping someone from Ford sees this message cause I know they do roam this forum. I'm reporting common bugs that should have been addressed months ago. Please Ford, contact me here. I've contacted my dealer tonight for a callback for service.

Anyone else have any ideas for a solution?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Points 3,772, Level 38
Points: 3,772, Level: 38 Points: 3,772, Level: 38 Points: 3,772, Level: 38
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 11 Kabigon Great Standing Member
From what you described, it seems like it's a good possibility that you have a hardware related issue. If that's the case, think of the dead system as a blessing in disguise (the defective hardware will be replaced).
Old 09-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

Points 519, Level 10
Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
From what you described, it seems like it's a good possibility that you have a hardware related issue. If that's the case, think of the dead system as a blessing in disguise (the defective hardware will be replaced).
^^ ... this, better a brick than intermittent annoyances.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 09-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
Focusneek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95824
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 Focusneek Good Standing Member
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
tbraun513
Focus Rookie

Yeah it has to be now. I just turned the car on, still nothing after almost 24 hours. I know its under warrantee but expensive components like this dying in less than a year makes me seriously nervous about the car. Chalk it up to luck, next time it happens im dumping ford. I know people still have bugs, cant believe updates arent more regular.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
this!

and about the clock, I'm thinking maybe you have it set to go with GPS time? Because when I was fooling around with settings, I clicked on that and it automatically changed the time to a time that wasn't even close.
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
tbraun513
Focus Rookie

If that was the case about the time, the minutes should still be the same, only hours would be different for time zones. Cant be that, it was completely wrong.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
tbraun513
Focus Rookie

honestly I'm just glad the warrantee is on it. All I want is a working system and I can't even schedule an appointment until Monday which right now is like putting salt in the wound. Probably going to have to tape my tablet over the screen and run some headphone speakers for the time being, probably will be more stable too.

I SO don't want to bash the system. Its got so much potential and its a reason for my purchase. But come on, car has been out, rather, the SYSTEM has been out for what, 2 years and we still have problems. Its not like theres been added features to result in the instability.

So heres what I plan on. When the system is replaced, to which it will be since its just a brick right now riding on 4 wheels, I will report any similar instabilities or new occurances. hopefully none, but I can hear a few people chuckling in the background when I said no bugs...
Old 09-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Clock issue is a very common problem with MFT non-navigation units. Since there isn't the "sync to GPS" setting on non-nav units, it decides to set to some random abritrairy time a few times a month. Happened on my 2012 Focus and now still happens on my 2013 Escape. It's amazing this system still is so full of glitches and they cant even get something as simple as the clock to keep time correctly!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 895, Level 15
Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraun513 View Post
Yeah it has to be now. I just turned the car on, still nothing after almost 24 hours. I know its under warrantee but expensive components like this dying in less than a year makes me seriously nervous about the car. Chalk it up to luck, next time it happens im dumping ford. I know people still have bugs, cant believe updates arent more regular.
i will tell you this... i wouldnt worry. it has nothing to do with expensive components. it is basically a computer, and WILL get glitches from time to time, will crash and sometimes have hardware failures... its the nature of electronics. Just take it in and let the dealership do what they are suppose to do.

Bookmarks & Social Networks