ford focus from Cali, Colombia - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
danram.racing
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90208
What I Drive: 2007, white oxford,

FF Reputation: 1 danram.racing Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ford focus from Cali, Colombia

hi all, greetings from Cali, Colombia, my name is Daniel Alejandro,
after a long search, trying to find something that met what I wanted, finally It was achieved, it was something at first sight, unexpected, I had not planned, everything went very fast, the car look good from the distance, I get closer to the car and looks even better , the inside was quite well, then I see the heart and works perfect as he looked... finally walks with me since last Tuesday.

a change from earth to heaven compared to my old car who would appreciate everything we had together but we could not follow ... then, a short good bye

my new friend have an incredible driving position, comfortable in all positions, does not have a little noise, the engine runs smooth, the paint is like new, only 28.000 kms, it is a 2008 model, Duratec 2.0 engine, I’m very happy with it, for now the only thing I did was go on eBay looking for parts that make me crazy, a lot of stuff for this car ... right now, I need to change the engine mounts, but that is very expensive here, so I will buy the parts in the United States, the only problem is that I don’t know what is the version of my car in the USA? is a S, SE, SES? which is my focus there? I need to order the correct replacement, if anyone knows… thank you.

Here is some pictures…

And a little change…

Thanks, very nice forum, I could read the web the entire day..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Pattacular
IH8URFCE

Fan#: 80015
What I Drive: 07 Pueblo Gold SE

FF Reputation: 3 Pattacular Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Mounts should be the same between S, SE, and SES, though I am not sure which yours would fall into. You say it is '08 but it has the styling of a 00-04 in the US. Someone else could probably better help you with that, but welcome to the site, and a very nice looking Focus!
Sedan Revolution #195

facebook.com/goldiloxfocus
Old 09-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
that is a 00-04 focus zx5, i dont know all the models you guys have there but what i can tell you is any duratec engine mount from a 2000-2004 ford focus should fit it just fine. maybe even 2005-2007. now with mods that most people like i would suggest some focus rs seats if possible if not some custom leather seat covers from katzkinz or stock leather seats from a local junk yard. if your not gonna turbo charge a 2.5inch exhaust 18 or 17 inch rims hid headlights upgrade. cold air intake painting some of the trim peices on the inside of the car to the color of your choice. as far as visual mods check the showroom. performance mods check the performance section. there is a lot of great stuff out there for these cars and i wouldnt trust much on ebay a lot of it doesnt perform or line up like it should. check focus.c-f-m.com, www.fswerks.com/, www.batinc.net/main.htm, www.fordracingparts.com/Focus/Focus.asp, www.fordracingparts.com/Focus/Focus.asp
Old 09-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
red2009se

Fan#: 79513
What I Drive: car

FF Reputation: 1 red2009se Good Standing Member
Is your car made in Mexico, Brazil, or somewhere else? Brazil factories usually make older designs long after they are dropped in other countries.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
cool! how high does your tachometer go? Ive seen pictures of other South American foci with 8k tach vs our 7k.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
danram.racing
Focus Rookie

thanks for the help.
a few years ago the cars produced in europe or USA were sold in latinamerica one or two years after the lauch in other zones. also happen when they change the version, that's what happen with the focus, mine is 2008 made in argentina. but I like it a lot!!! :)

I will post more pictures of the car... see you soon.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #7
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Please post a photo of your engine bay, as European model Focus' switched the engine names. If the exhaust manifold is on the front of the motor than it's a Zetec, if the exhaust is on the back it's a Duratec
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149
Old 09-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
danram.racing
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJohnson View Post
Please post a photo of your engine bay, as European model Focus' switched the engine names. If the exhaust manifold is on the front of the motor than it's a Zetec, if the exhaust is on the back it's a Duratec
it is a 2.0 duratec, the exhaust manifold is in the rear of the motor. I will be posting the pictures coming soon.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danram.racing View Post
it is a 2.0 duratec, the exhaust manifold is in the rear of the motor. I will be posting the pictures coming soon.
Ok just making sure. Here are some options for replacing your motor mounts:
http://focus.c-f-m.com/bushingsmounts.aspx
http://www.fswerks.com/mounts.htm
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149
Old 11-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
danram.racing
Focus Rookie

here is some pictures of my city, my brother and I went to a classic place in the city, San Antonio. to all those who dont know my city, San antonio is the place of the art, there is a lot of painters, musicians, esculptors, a lot of very nice restaurants, and hostals.

it is on 1000 meters over sea level , the temp is between 20 and 38 (C) degrees all the year

now the pictures...

Bookmarks & Social Networks