steeda intake issues? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
dhoff024
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 78198
What I Drive: 2009,black,ford focus ses coupe

FF Reputation: 1 dhoff024 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
steeda intake issues?

I have an 09 ses coupe nothing major done to it but within the past year I have had it to the dealership a few times for a check engine light both times they replaced the mass airflow sensor and were telling me it was the steeds intake that was causing the problem. I don't really beloved that I know steeda is approved by ford so I felt like they were making a bigger issue out of it really. Now I have another cel p0171 lean in bank 1. I am going to take it to the dealer on Saturday before my warranty runs out but from what I have seen online about the code it could be a few things and one was a mass airflow could the intake really be the issue? If you have any suggestions or maybe what you think it could be its greatly appreciated. Should I call steeds and see if they have any suggestions?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
st12131
Focal Distortion

Fan#: 74797
What I Drive: 2007, Huyndai, Santa Fe, GLS

FF Reputation: 8 st12131 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
You need a tune! The intake is providing more air then the engine can cope with using the stock tune. It's a common problem, with an easy fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using FF Mobile
Focus S #1, Sedan Revolution #192, Rally Revolution #8, March 2012 SOTM
Focal Distortion, a Ford licensed club and FSC member.
Sgt, USMC (1999-2003)
Old 08-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75680
What I Drive: 2007 Focus

FF Reputation: 4 VEGAS Good Standing Member
honestly I am shocked the dealer is not voiding your warrenty.. but the intake is now providing more air then the restrictive stock system, you need to get a hold of Tom and get a SCT tuner.. $430
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
dhoff024
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks for the info its really strange I have had the intake on the car since I bought it in 2010 and never had an issue till this year. I was under the impression that steeda parts do not void warranty but I could be wrong. I think since my brother works at the dealership that why they havent voided anything. I am just wondering why all of a sudden now im having problems with it. Also my dad has an sct tuner for his f150 so I could do that. I have never needed one for any other car that I have put intakes on but if thats the fix then I guess ill be needing to get one. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75680
What I Drive: 2007 Focus

FF Reputation: 4 VEGAS Good Standing Member
have you looked for leaks in the intake?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
dhoff024
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I Havent really checked it for leaks a few months back I took the filter off to clean it and recharge it. I guess there could be a leak somewhere I will have to look at it tomorrow. The part that confuses me is I bought the car in may of 2010 with 4000 miles on it I immediatly put a steeda intake and short throw on the car. The car ran fine with no issues until about december or january and then the check engine came on I took it to the dealership my brother cleaned the mass air flow and it was fine for about a month and then it came back on so he replaced it and it was fine until now. I dont know what the code was before but my brother said it wasnt the code I am getting now. I am still going to take it to get looked at but I am going to call steeda tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. I guess it could be something other than the intake but when I look up the code online it says that the mass air flow could be a cause of the code so I am going to get it checked out again I just dont want to keep having to go through this process.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
tj@steeda
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 93195
What I Drive: 2011 Red Steed Focus

FF Reputation: 2 tj@steeda Good Standing Member
In short.. Just because you place a Steeda product on your car does not automatically void the warranty. If something was to happen to the car then the dealership and Ford Motor Company would have to do in an in depth investigation to prove that the after market part indeed caused a failure.

The process is not as easy as just saying after market part=voided warranty.

Please email me at tim@steeda.com and I will talk to the technicians and see if we can figure out what is taking place.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #8
dhoff024
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

got the problem solved wasn't the intake there was a vaccine leak my brother said it looked like a line had been cut but its repaired ans good to go. thanks for all the help and did call steeda and get some help as well

Bookmarks & Social Networks