2013 Focus Observations - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think of it more as streamlining than going backwards, but it's all point-of-view.

For example, the 2013 SE is about the same price as the 2012 SE Sport appearance and has MOST of the same features. But you can't buy a base level (hubcaps) SE anymore, or an SEL, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #22
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
I think of it more as streamlining than going backwards, but it's all point-of-view.

For example, the 2013 SE is about the same price as the 2012 SE Sport appearance and has MOST of the same features. But you can't buy a base level (hubcaps) SE anymore, or an SEL, etc.
Except the base SE doesn't come with rear discs, sport cloth seats, fogs, or piano black trim. The stuff that really matters.

To get the aforementioned items, instead of spending just $695, you now have to spend $2530, and you get a bunch of stuff you may not necessarily want. Leather would have been a total deal-killer for me, and there's no way to opt out of it with the appearance package.

Yes, it's definitely streamlining, but I think they took it too far. There needs to be a middle rung, or at least a couple standalone options.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another change - and one of the few that I think is GREAT - is that these 2012 wheels:

Now are gunmetal with the 2013 SE Appearance Package:

I'd love to put them on an ST.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Update: According to the vehicle specifications for the 2013 Focus it is stating that one-touch down driver window is standard on the SE and one-touch up/down for all windows is standard on the Titanium. Sorry for the panic I may have been looking at the sticker for a leather clad SE but I was sure it was a Titanium. Anyway, the specs for the vehicle state that it is in there.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
Now are gunmetal with the 2013 SE Appearance Package:

I'd love to put them on an ST.
Grrrr...

I have the polished 17" wheels and I'm not crazy about the finish as they look too much like chrome. I almost like them better when they are dirty.

They look great with the new finish.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #26
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Now THAT's nice.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsailor View Post
Also gone is the one touch up/down windows at all loactions on the Ti so I think the door modules are gone as well.
This is not correct. It is no longer listed but exists. My '13 Ti has them, all four.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #28
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
^^This. I jumped the gun, and you clarified.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #29
engine ear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5447
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 engine ear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Must of been complaints from older folks not being able to read them.
I've been a licensed optician for many years and here's what comes in my offices...Most everyone over wears their contacts to some extent, some more than others...those would be the under 30 crowd. They wait until the problem gets so bad that they have to admit to over wear(duh, your eyes are swollen shut and red!)and when the Dr. tells them they can't be helped until their cue balls for eye balls have to heal, which can take weeks AND, the fee is $50-$125 for each follow up visit AND they have no back up glasses(why would I need glasses, I have CONTACT LENSES)AND, no, I can't give you trial lenses to wear because you've ruined your eyes for the next few weeks because you've worn the same 2 week disposable lenses for a month and never took them out...they become rather violent/hostile/unwieldy. These MIGHT be some of the people you mention in your post about
Quote:
The fuel and temp gauges also have larger text.
. Cuz when ones eyes are swollen shut from lack of common sense, they can't see the DASHBOARD let alone the little tiny teeny hash marks warning them they're approaching redline. Yeah, they drive to my offices in that condition.

You see, older people come in just about every year for a new exam and eyewear. When things get a little fuzzy...they don't call the car manufacturers to make text bigger( I can see it on the news now.."Older generation surrounds GM headquarters...demands BIGGER TEXT!!NOW!!).

Another rant from a getting "older" Focus guy with fuzzy vision. I just felt like spouting off. Don't read too much into this...hopefully, one day, you'll find out.
Peace, brothers.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #30
mmmfloorpie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72039
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 mmmfloorpie Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
A couple of other things:

2013 has integrated turn signals on the forward side of the rear view mirrors (on the SE trim, at least).

SE Sport Cloth Interior is no longer available.

Rear parking sensors are now an option on 2013 SE.

Interior trunk release was added (at least on SE and above).

Piano Black Grilles, Disc Brakes, and Fog Lights are only available on the SE with Appearance Package (and above).
I don't know. I was looking at new 2013 pictures on a local dealer's site and all the SEs had matte black grilles.

Then I checked the Ford Canada and USA sites and there is no mention of piano black grilles in the SE appearance package. On the USA site it says "grille, black" and for the Ti it says "grille, piano black". So no more piano black grilles on the SE.

That's a huge deal breaker for me. Those matte black ones are gross and look cheap (no offense to anyone with them).

I too am very disappointed with the packaging changes. Sure, maybe there were too many options/trim with the 2012 (ie the SEL) but they've taken too much away just to shoe horn people into a base SE or a fully loaded Ti.

Yes, getting rid of the SEL was a good idea when I first read about it.

But I assumed that they would be keeping the SE Sport package which basically put the SE in SEL territory.

Also, what's with making people spend $2500 just to get foglights? That's crazy. I thought Ford has been making fog lights essentially standard equipment (except on maybe the S) on all their models?

And even with the SE appearance pack, now you are forced into getting the MFT. Maybe people don't want the much maligned system just to get fog lights!

To add salt to the wounds, now there's no rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror nor garage door opener. All things that someone like moi notice and use on a daily basis (esp the garage door opener).

Not impressed Ford.

Bookmarks & Social Networks