2013 Focus Observations - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesMAN View Post
There were complaints about those to be sure but both features on my car work as expected, as does the universal garage door opener. I'm glad to have all 3 of them. I noticed the UGDO is sourced from a separate company called "Homelink." So I wonder if costs or licensing fees or something increased leading Ford to kill it. I wonder if other Ford models recently deleted that feature as well.
There are a few Ford's that use "homelink" but many Fords use "Car2U" now for UGDO. So I don't think that's the case, more likely cost cutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsailor View Post
Also gone is the one touch up/down windows at all loactions on the Ti so I think the door modules are gone as well.
Hmmmm....it still shows in the order guide. I will have to verify that next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
* Snip

Hmmmm....it still shows in the order guide. I will have to verify that next time.
Yes, please do because I got the info off a sticker on a 2013 Ti vehicle that listed the feature as 'One Touch Down on Driver Window Only' which is nomenclature for the 2012 SE as opposed to the 2012 SEL and Ti which said 'One Touch Up/Down on all Windows.' The nomenclature on the window sticker just may not really be reporting accurately what is really in there!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Billp1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90510
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Billp1 Good Standing Member
Homelink and auto dimming mirror is now listed as dealer accessory. All home link controls are built into the mirror
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
YesMAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102901
What I Drive: '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 YesMAN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsailor View Post
Also gone is the one touch up/down windows at all loactions on the Ti so I think the door modules are gone as well.
Quote:
Also still shows them as standard in the '13 Source Book. Man that would be terrible - I LOVE the all windows 1-touch feature.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #15
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
You are right on the auto dim mirror, as my 2013 Escape with the same mirror continues to have that problem. But they shouldn't delete it, but get another supplier or fix the mount.

The rain sensing wipers were bad, but again I don't understand why they deleted them instead of fixing them, as my Escape has them (same sensor location) they are programmed perfectly with consitant delays between wipes (thankfully).
I agree that they should have fixed it rather than delete it, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the new engineering went into the ST and the '14 will have some features added back or new features.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
The auto dimming mirror had problems in the 2012 with not staying in place, which is why it got pulled, and the rain sensing wipers are pretty bad at sensing rain, so those features were needing to get pulled.
A pity.

Mine has worked great - and an unexpected surprise as, the day there was drizzle, after a small quantity started to appear, the wipers activated of their own accord.

The other day, driving past a sprinkler system, some water droplets splattered on the hood and it took right off...

It's a silly feature, but a cute one. No problems from me, but that doesn't mean no problems ever existed...
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
A pity.

Mine has worked great - and an unexpected surprise as, the day there was drizzle, after a small quantity started to appear, the wipers activated of their own accord.

The other day, driving past a sprinkler system, some water droplets splattered on the hood and it took right off...

It's a silly feature, but a cute one. No problems from me, but that doesn't mean no problems ever existed...
Mine too, works better than my past few cars.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #18
DayGlow
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102589
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 DayGlow Good Standing Member
Glad I got a late build 12 vs waiting for a 13. I like the remote start, but I can still add it now and have the features that were deleted. The little things were a reason why I went with the Fors vs the competition.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
A couple of other things:

2013 has integrated turn signals on the forward side of the rear view mirrors (on the SE trim, at least).

SE Sport Cloth Interior is no longer available.

Rear parking sensors are now an option on 2013 SE.

Interior trunk release was added (at least on SE and above).

Piano Black Grilles, Disc Brakes, and Fog Lights are only available on the SE with Appearance Package (and above).
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
timmytVA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102488
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray 5Dr Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 timmytVA Good Standing Member
No issues with garage door opener or rain sensing wipers on my '12 Titanium. Work as I would expect them to. Not sure about auto dimming mirror. I'll have to check it tonight.

All those little touches - things like the door handle lock/unlock, three flash lane change, etc - add up. Coupled with the overall quality materials and interior fit and finish (on my car at least), the car feels very upscale for it's size and price.

Would be a shame to go backwards.

Tim

Bookmarks & Social Networks