Do you also do Fiestas? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
n00btard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101317
What I Drive: 2013 VW Golf 2.5 3 door

FF Reputation: 1 n00btard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do you also do Fiestas?

My next car is going to be a Fiesta, and I was wondering if you tune those too? I'm looking at a manual SE, and over time I'm going to mod the Hell out of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Some of us on here may, but there's another forum called FiestaFly that may be a bit more helpful with that. The new Fiesta ST looks SWEET.
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
incubus625
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38414
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Fiesta Hatch 5 speed

FF Reputation: 2 incubus625 Good Standing Member
Honestly, there isnt much after market for the fiesta. niether is there any tuning available and there doesnt look to be any hope in the future. There european market has alot more aftermarket support including tuning, but the north american market locked up the pcm pretty good. Fiesta sales have been slowing down alot so dont expect there to be much or many companies supplying stuff for them. Ive owned my fiesta for 2 months, and honestly im prob just gonna keep it stock for its insanely good gas mileage. I suggest if you want to mod the hell out of something to find an 08 - 11 model year focus.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Although, if the Fiesta ST comes out, there may be some aftermarket you can get from there. Kinda like SVT parts for the Zetec's. IIRC, its supposed to have different suspension and styling... and the 1.6 ecoboost or something like that. So there should be a lot of options coming soon!
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 09-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
incubus625
Focus Enthusiast

Well right now there is a "euro" suspension kit from frpp, as well as exhaust and short throw shifter. There is a 3d carbon body kit, various intakes and exhaust after market as well. It has the same 4 x 108 as the mk1 focus, and many people put on svt rims. There is a European company called pumaspeed that a few people have imported from, mostly ST170 (svt focus) brake adapters. A very few are running stock fiesta calipers on 300 mm disk brakes up front, and converted the rear drum to svt disc as well. Not sure if anyone figured out how to get the ebrake working. And last but not least is cam shafts from the same euro company. All said and done you would be better off buying a fiesta st if it is ever released here. Like I said before dont expect much in terms of turbo kits or superchargers since the pcm is locked up tight. On a fiesta forum I follow daily most people have the same issue with the auto tranny you guys have with the mk3 focus, (believe its the same one transmission.) From what I gather the fiestas were selling good up till about April, The subcompact market is getting pretty big now and ford seems to have given up mostly on the fiesta, and with incentives on the new focus many people are skipping right over the small fiesta and getting into a larger car with similar features for the same price basically. However I do enjoy having a somewhat unpopular car. I see maybe 1 or 2 a day, where as I see countless focus, lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
n00btard
Focus Enthusiast

If I could get an MTX75 2012 focus SE hatch for $15k even as a certified preowned I'd be all over that. I can find autos all day long, but not a single manual.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
incubus625
Focus Enthusiast

If you can hold off till 2014 model year fiesta's come out with a face lift and the 3-cylinder turbo 1.0 liter ecoboost engine, get that. Has the same power as the 1.6 apparently and better gas mileage.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
n00btard
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus625 View Post
If you can hold off till 2014 model year fiesta's come out with a face lift and the 3-cylinder turbo 1.0 liter ecoboost engine, get that. Has the same power as the 1.6 apparently and better gas mileage.
My Focus died yesterday.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->