2013 Ford Focus SE - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #21
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by This1GoesTo8 View Post
Same thing happened here, too. Want a '13 Ti Hatch; Sedan ordered. By sheer dumb luck a Ti Hatch configured exactly how I want is on its way to the same dealership anyway. I pick it up this week. I'm going to see if they'll throw splash guards on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onestout View Post
fcarlisle ford 29, we're only a few miles from each other, which dealer are you getting your car through?
Conspiracy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #22
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fCarlisle Ford29 View Post
The Ford website says that foglights are standard in the SE hatchback.
I should be getting mine next week (been on order since July 1) and suspect it to not have foglights as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fCarlisle Ford29 View Post
Go to ford.com, ckick on focus, click on models, click on SE hatchback, click on see all standard and optional equip, scroll down. Says they are atandard!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Make sure it's the 2013 model year... by default, the site picks 2012 (for me, at least), when they were standard on all except the S trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
Depending on the dealership they may or may not agree with you because the site is subject to change and is NOT a binding legal document or otherwise. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
Fog lights were standard on hatchbacks for '12, since the lowest trim was SE. For '13 they're now optional on SEs.
Hey everyone,

I just want to chime in here to (hopefully!) eliminate confusion. Fog lamps are standard on the 2012 Focus SE; they're included in the optional SE Appearance Package on the 2013.

Hope this helps!
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #23
ffr1229
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100309
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ruby red 5MT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 ffr1229 Good Standing Member
Onestout, I am getting it at River Valley Ford in Baldwin. Used to getting my Fords from Roen in River Falls but they got bought out by Ford.
Really do enjoy the people at River Valley Ford. They made an honest mistake and they will make it right when I do get my car. Great service dept. manager, great sales staff.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #24
Tiger-Heli
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That's the biggest error I've seen on the Focus website, but there are two other ones also:

60/40 folding seat is listed as part of the SE Appearance Package. Technically it is, but the SE Hatchback already has that - only the Sedan sees a change here.

The old 16-inch steel wheels with hubcaps are shown as "Available on SE" and optional - but I don't see them anywhere under B&P. They have shown up on some Canada 2013 SE's, but ...

At one time cruise control was shown as optional, but it was part of the 200A package, which was standard, but they seem to have fixed this.

I can post a list of the parts needed for the fog lights (but not verified). I think the dealer will also have to enable them in IDS for you also. If you just said "The website says it has them", I don't know that you've have much luck, but since you ordered a 2012 which had them standard and they messed up the order, I think you might have more leverage that way.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
ffr1229
Focus Rookie

Thanks for the info. I still don't have my car even though the dealer said it was off the train car and on a truck on Monday.
I will try the 2012 to 2013 thing along with the website error.
At this point I am thinking I will just buy the parts for the foglights and not wire them. Just like the looks rather than those black hole coverups.
If you know what the necessary parts are I could use that info.
Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #26
Tiger-Heli
Focus Enthusiast

There's lots of info in this thread as well:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290882

If you are just installing for looks - Valeo and Depo sell replacements on E-bay. Could save you some money.

We ended up with a 2012, but we considered not hooking them up when we were considering waiting to get a 2013 - but it seems silly to spend $200 on looks when another $50 and some co-operation from the dealer would get them working.

Tousley Ford is good to order from. I'll post MSRP prices, but Tousley will be less.

Fogs (2) are P/N 4F9Z15200AA - $62.59 each (that's what E-bay said the aftermarkets were comparable to)
Bezels are CP9Z17E811C and CP9Z17E810C - $46.63 each - same as above, I think 811 is left. (I think those are silver and not black/silver, but not positive of that).
You need 4 bolts (2 per fog) at 0.20 each - if you look up the fogs, they show up as HB1, but I don't have the full part number.
You need 4 nuts (2 per fog) at 5.06 each (part number HN1 as above)
Chaddz3 posted hardware store hardware which would also work.

That gets the cosmetics done. At this point, I would check for terminals on Pins 18 and 19 of C2280D of the BCM (reply 19 above). If you have that, you can probably use the stock headlight switch and get the dealer to enable the fogs. If you don't, you can use relays like Chaddz3 did.

If you want to wire them up:

The wire harness from the bumper to the fogs should be CV6Z15K867B and lists for $14.32

The headlight switch with fogs and trunk release for a 2013 is CM5Z11654A and lists for $49.31.

NOTE: The wiring from the BCM to the bumper and the headlight switch to the BCM should already be in the car and there is only one BCM for all trim level 2013 SE's PN BV6Z14A068LC $222.23 list - so I think the parts above would be all you need.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #27
ffr1229
Focus Rookie

Thank you very much for the information.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #28
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
my problemn with the 13's is if you want fog lights you are saddled with $2500 in other options. I want fog lights, but not leather etc. Congrats on the new car. I personally love my focus and I know you will too.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #29
bikerlbf406
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103697
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 bikerlbf406 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
my problemn with the 13's is if you want fog lights you are saddled with $2500 in other options. I want fog lights, but not leather etc. Congrats on the new car. I personally love my focus and I know you will too.
Yeah I would have liked to have fog lights, same with sirius radio, but I didn't want to spend the extra cash. I was going to have the dealer order a blue '13 Focus SE identical to mine except the color and with Sirius Radio, but I would have to pay full MSRP for the car, which was $500 more then mine, plus the dealer knocked $1K off MSRP on this car for me, so I decided it wasn't worth the extra $1500 just to get Sirius Radio. Besides with Pandora for free on my phone and bluetooth connection, I really don't need Sirius. Love the race red color of mine also. I've had the car in my possession since the 10th of this month and put about 250 miles on it so far. Which for me is a lot as I usually only put about 300 miles a month at most. I love the car more and more every day. It is a very fun car to drive, the last vehicle I owned that was this fun to drive was my '92 Camaro RS 25th anniversary edition with the the Chevy 305 in it. I love the DCT transmission.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #30
Tiger-Heli
Focus Enthusiast

If you are ordering both cars, Sirius is worth adding - it's a $200 or so option from the factory, but to add it later, you have to swap the radio and possibly add a separate tuner module and you have to re-flash the as-built codes.

If the car doesn't have Sirius and you want it, the best option is a Plug-N-Play receiver like the XM Onyx - you can find those for $20 after rebates:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220XDNX...nyx.html?tp=85

Bookmarks & Social Networks