My Ford Sync and My Ford Touch - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
737tdi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103837
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Red, SE

FF Reputation: 1 737tdi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My Ford Sync and My Ford Touch

I hate to make my first post a complaint but why hasn't someone come up with a decent tutorial on how to use these and what they actually do or can do? I can't/don't have the time to read through 3000 posts.

I looked at the owners manual and thought about shooting myself. I just got the car and have driven it twice. I think I have figured out the radio.

Please explain the difference in MFS and MFT. I think the MFT is all the stuff on the steering wheel to be able to control the radio/cruise.

Does my car have any navigation capabilities? Doesn't seem too. Don't really care if it does or doesn't but would be nice to know how to use it.

Dang, I wasn't done. I just don't understand the difference in the two??? Sorry I'm ignorant. I primarily drive a mile eating diesel VW so please put up with my stupid questions. I bought this car for my wife to get her out of the F350 getting 13 mpg. I liked the 38 advertised and liked the price.

Thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Ford Sync is the voice control. MFT is the touch screen system. The steering wheel controls are just steering wheel controls. What car do you have? There is no such thing as an LS. Navigation depends on the car. Seems like a lot of these questions are things you should have found out before you purchased the car. We weren't the ones who bought it, how should we know what you have with zero information?
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
737tdi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103837
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Red, SE

FF Reputation: 1 737tdi Good Standing Member
Well, When I bought the car it said I had Ford touch and Sync. free of charge. I haven't deternined what that means. I had no plans of buying any of that (It was free, plus a $2000 rebate) Got the car for $20000 incl TTL. Get over yourself. It came with the car. I was asking what it means??? So, ???? I want to say something else but I'll leave it alone. I am 50 years old and don't need your crap.

I'm Sorry for asking.

Karl
Old 09-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

I have no doubt of that, but that's not helpful information.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737tdi View Post
Well, When I bought the car it said I had Ford touch and Sync. free of charge. I haven't deternined what that means. I had no plans of buying any of that (It was free, plus a $2000 rebate) Got the car for $20000 incl TTL. Get over yourself. It came with the car. I was asking what it means??? So, ???? I want to say something else but I'll leave it alone. I am 50 years old and don't need your crap.

I'm Sorry for asking.

Karl
Dude we unless you tell us what your car is equipped with we can't help you. Your salesman should have given you a thorough demonstration before you left the lot. These may help you. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.oolVjTrSfPo
Old 09-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:

I'm Sorry for asking.

Karl
You weren't asking. Before you edited this post so thoroughly to completely change it, you were bitching at the forums as if it was our fault. You stating you were too stupid to know what you bought (using only about 5 different letters and 4 different punctuation marks, which I was impressed by) and how to use it and then blaming me for not being able to help you out with what you posted wasn't helpful information. I see you edited what you drive to be an SE. In that case, you don't have MyFord Touch and I already told you what Sync is.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
1. Does my car have any navigation capabilities?
2. I can't/don't have the time to read through 3000 posts.
3.I looked at the owners manual and thought about shooting myself.
1. Steering wheel
2. Let us do that for you
3. See 2 above
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 09-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Whoa, somebody needs to change their tampon mister...a little cranky I see. Being nice goes a long way around here.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Karl-

I would suggest that you take your awesome Focus, congrats by the way, to the dealership you bought it from and have them sit down with you and walk you through your car... thoroughly. There should be at least one person there who is qualified and trained to do just that. Good luck and enjoy your car.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
Karl-

I would suggest that you take your awesome Focus, congrats by the way, to the dealership you bought it from and have them sit down with you and walk you through your car... thoroughly. There should be at least one person there who is qualified and trained to do just that. Good luck and enjoy your car.
This is an excellent option. Most dealerships will have someone there that can help you out. syncmyride.com also has some perfectly functional tutorials/FAQS.

Quote:
Please explain the difference in MFS and MFT. I think the MFT is all the stuff on the steering wheel to be able to control the radio/cruise.

Thanks

Karl
If you still want to pursue it here....

Do you have a large 8" screen that you can touch to get it to do stuff? If so, you have MFT. Can you only control it through the steering wheel controls and/or voice controls? If so, you have MFS.

MFT - can be controlled through touch screen, voice commands, and steering wheel cotrols.

MFS - can be controlled through voice commands and steering wheel controls.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask but provide detail, somone on here will be happy to help I'm sure.

Bookmarks & Social Networks