SE Sport folks: How're your butts? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SE Sport folks: How're your butts?

Calling all 2012 SE Sport owners - Please talk about your seats!

Given that some of us might want to buy a Focus ST in its ST1 configuration (either to save money, fit our wide bodies, or - in my case - avoid such things as MFT and auto HVAC), your seats are the ones we'd be getting (the standard SE Sport silver-charcoal fabric seats, of course).

So, how are they? Looks? (I KNOW they look better than in pics...) Comfort? Support? Adjustability? Durability? Fabric quality? Stainability? You know, all that stuff. Thanks, and congrats to all of you for owning a rare and desirable version of the MKIII Focus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I love the seats in my car. I've been on two big trips in the last 2 months: one to the Outer Banks in NC in July (10 hours, 400 miles), and the other to Ohio in August (9 hours, 516 miles), and I was able to drive for hours with no numbness in my netherregions.

They're not quite the thrones found in the S60R (quite possibly the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in), but these seats are pretty damned good.

As far as lateral support goes, they could use a bit more bolstering, especially around the torso, but they aren't too bad. Since I'm a cyclist, I'm pretty skinny, so these seats don't hold my upper body in place the way I'd like them to. So, if the Recaros are too snug for you, these seats will probably be a good fit. The material is also pretty resilient - mine still look brand new after 10 months of ownership.

Last edited by Zillon; 09-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

Points 2,220, Level 28
Points: 2,220, Level: 28 Points: 2,220, Level: 28 Points: 2,220, Level: 28
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 12 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
I love the seats. The bolstering is great...although a little wide for my 135 lb. frame. As far as stainability, can't say. I don't allow that to happen. Durability and fabric quality are still like new IMHO after 15,000+ miles. They aren't Recaros, but they certainly aren't minivan seats either.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 09-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,563, Level 65
Points: 9,563, Level: 65 Points: 9,563, Level: 65 Points: 9,563, Level: 65
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
I know you didn't ask, but technically the SE Sport seats are the same as the SEL and Ti base cloth seats with slightly different upholstery and color schemes.

Only the base S and SE had a slightly different seat with a much less agressive bolster in 2012. Besides the SEL is a rarer car than the SE sport package.

The seats are decently bolstered, they actually look quite agressive, they feel nice. I have yet to take any long journey as a driver yet, having ridden with my brother in his car to Cedar Point many many times this year. Its a little bit firm at times, but I get out of the car at the other end of the journey no worse for wear.

I actually have a long road trip coming up this weekend, 500+ mile round trip, and I'm looking forward to actually driving this time.

Its been awhile since I've had the opportunity to take such a road trip, the last really long trip involved driving for more than 18 hrs through a snow storm and missing the hotel by not arriving until 4 in the morning due to the weather.

I had to sleep a few hours in that car and then drive to Chicago from a starting point somewhere near Phoenix, AZ the previous day.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
I have (basically) the sports seats in leather in my SEL and after recently doing 2 seven hour non-stop trips i left the car w/o any aches at all. Usually the siatica in my left leg bug me after about 3 hours but not in this car.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Awesome feedback so far, everyone - thanks. Keep it coming!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
DBxprss
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102670
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 DBxprss Good Standing Member
We just bought the 2012 Focus SE Sport to replace the 2011 Fiesta my wife had been using for work. She has a commute of 65 miles each way, and the Fiesta, though wonderful on MPG, had narrow, harder seats that were uncomfortable after awhile. The wider seats in the Focus have good padding and side support, and she is much more comfortable on her long ride every day. I agree with earlier posts about the side bolsters being less effective for a slim person (I am 6 feet tall with a 30" waistline). However, it is still a very comfortable seat for me. I think most average size body types will find the seats very comfortable. The fabric is also very nice, and breathes well. I don't seem to get that 'clammy butt' syndrome on a long ride.
https://www.fuelly.com/driver/nels/focus
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
I would agree with all the above on the comfort and support--these are great seats. One thing not mentioned is the "grippiness" of the fabric. The surface is sort of a "mesh" that really grips your backside well, reducing the need for more aggressive bolstering. I think that mesh might make it more difficult to clean up some spills, however.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

^^ One thing I'll say about that mesh: it sure looks cool.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
I agree, the mesh is grippy, and it does breathe well. Back sweat sucks on long drives, and these seats help immensely.

While I can see why people think the seats look awful in the ST when compared to the uber-sexy Recaros, I personally think they look pretty good.

Bookmarks & Social Networks