Nothing but problems pt2 - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #71
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
I pretty much dont have anything else to do right now but to try to keep people from making the same mistake as I did and of course ruffle all the ford fanatics feathers as I can which is very easy to do.....B-lou
At least you're honest. May I suggest something more beneficial for you and society? Perhaps donating some time at your local school or soup kitchen? I really feel sorry for you sitting here everyday frantically hitting refresh and posting in every thread, what a sad life. It's an economy car man, you got a bad one, lots of us have good ones. Let it go!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #72
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
old b-lou is pissed off lol.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #73
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
Just an update for everyone who was interested... My car is still in the shop. (2 weeks now). I have been told that the first clutch assembly replacement fixed nothing. The car was still shaking and shifting improperly so they ordered another. (Bad manufacturing?) My update as of Friday was that the car seems to be driving better but they want to drive it around this weekend and double check before they give it back to me. I also had to have the horn replaced and the springs on the struts.

Fingers crossed.
Hi jagreene,

Thanks for the update on what you've been experiencing. I'm happy to step in and escalate you to your region's Customer Service Manager; just send me a PM with your VIN, estimated mileage, dealer, and daytime phone number.

Keep me in the loop!

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Old 09-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #74
sirhawkeye
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83605
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Ingot Silver HB

FF Reputation: 1 sirhawkeye Good Standing Member
Quote:
Also, the car was shaking violently today upon every take off and idling rough. I am just giving you a warning I'd like the car taken in, taken apart, gone over with a fine tooth comb, and then gone over again. I would also like a rental given to me until this problem is fixed. I've been telling you guys for two months that this has been happening and nobody has seemed to care.
What you hear and feel is common in these cars. I'm not saying that it is supposed to do that, but after driving many of them around over the past year (about 5), they all makes these noises.

I personally feel the violent shaking is a mechanical issue with the gear not fulling engaging. I just took mine in for this issue, and although the dealer says it's "normal" (like they always will say), they at least will look at it. I will say that the DC transmission feels different than a standard automatic that most people are used to.

But yes your problem is a common issue and it is frustrating many people. I would try to work with your dealer first to get it in, and if that doesn't work, contact FordCustomerService (send them a PM) and they should be able to help.

You may want to check with the dealer to see if you're car has the latest PCM programming update. This may not solve the issue, but may help narrow down if it is a mechanical issue or not. That's what my dealer is trying to figure out with my car. But I do have the same problem as your experiencing: the grinding, and the "hopping" during acceleration.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #75
misfire

Fan#: 31379
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

FF Reputation: 30 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
What you hear and feel is common in these cars. I'm not saying that it is supposed to do that, but after driving many of them around over the past year (about 5), they all makes these noises.

I personally feel the violent shaking is a mechanical issue with the gear not fulling engaging. I just took mine in for this issue, and although the dealer says it's "normal" (like they always will say), they at least will look at it. I will say that the DC transmission feels different than a standard automatic that most people are used to.

But yes your problem is a common issue and it is frustrating many people. I would try to work with your dealer first to get it in, and if that doesn't work, contact FordCustomerService (send them a PM) and they should be able to help.

You may want to check with the dealer to see if you're car has the latest PCM programming update. This may not solve the issue, but may help narrow down if it is a mechanical issue or not. That's what my dealer is trying to figure out with my car. But I do have the same problem as your experiencing: the grinding, and the "hopping" during acceleration.
Please read the rest of this thread. Their car has been in the shop for repair. It's in for clutch replacement now and already has the current PCM calibration (installed 2 times).

Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile

Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #76
Jig Saw
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94419
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Se

FF Reputation: 1 Jig Saw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My main issue is hitting the gas and going nowhere. It has happened 4 times after going out of reverse and 2 times after a light changing to green. I knew I should've went for the manual and not convenience LOL

Old 09-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #77
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw View Post
My main issue is hitting the gas and going nowhere. It has happened 4 times after going out of reverse and 2 times after a light changing to green. I knew I should've went for the manual and not convenience LOL
Hi Jig Saw,

Let's get you escalated to your regional Customer Service Manager. Send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, dealer, and daytime phone number. Your CSM will reach out to your dealership and collaborate on resolving your concern.

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #78
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
An update for everyone. Unfortunately I do not have my car back. (I believe it's been a month now). The clutch was replaced twice but because the first one was faulty a horrible smell was burnt through out the car. To get rid of the smell a plasma ionizer was used (never heard of it before this) and now my car smells of a horrible chemical. What's funny is the dealer tried to tell me a few times it "didn't smell" anymore and when I drove to pick up my car and immediately picked up on the smell they agreed it does indeed smell. It's taken a week of back and forth between the dealer to agree to detail the car (the smell can literally make you feel ill) but I am not confident at this point that anything will ever be right with the car again. If the windows are down the car doesnt smell quite as bad but the second they are up for an hour or more the smell is back in full force. I am going to give the dealer one more time to fix the problem before I have them buy it back. It's a shame because I finally got the clutch problem addressed after months of arguing and I was given a whole new one. I have respiratory health issues so a chemical smell like this is absolutely intolerable for me.

The good news for anyone else getting their clutch replaced is this shouldn't happen to you. It only happened because the first clutch was "bad".

Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #79
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
Quote:
An update for everyone. Unfortunately I do not have my car back. (I believe it's been a month now). The clutch was replaced twice but because the first one was faulty a horrible smell was burnt through out the car. To get rid of the smell a plasma ionizer was used (never heard of it before this) and now my car smells of a horrible chemical. What's funny is the dealer tried to tell me a few times it "didn't smell" anymore and when I drove to pick up my car and immediately picked up on the smell they agreed it does indeed smell. It's taken a week of back and forth between the dealer to agree to detail the car (the smell can literally make you feel ill) but I am not confident at this point that anything will ever be right with the car again. If the windows are down the car doesnt smell quite as bad but the second they are up for an hour or more the smell is back in full force. I am going to give the dealer one more time to fix the problem before I have them buy it back. It's a shame because I finally got the clutch problem addressed after months of arguing and I was given a whole new one. I have respiratory health issues so a chemical smell like this is absolutely intolerable for me.

The good news for anyone else getting their clutch replaced is this shouldn't happen to you. It only happened because the first clutch was "bad".
Does it smell like a mix of off-gassing plastics and chlorine bleach?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #80
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Trans issue....

I have experienced a similiar issue---took it to dealer #1 said all good normal for this car (pcm up to date) I on my own took it to dealer #2 for 2nd opinion---they stated not normal and trans seal bad leaking on clutch... ordered parts--scheduled for repair Monday---they say it should be done by days end Monday....... opinions??? advise.(how could dealer #1 & dealer #2 be so different in dynostics?? (BOTH FORD).... thanks MJB

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks