Nothing but problems pt2 - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Where is "Misfire" now? He sure was quick to respond to you in a public forum and acted like he wanted to "make things right"...
My question is why is this on a public forum to begin with? This seems like a problem between a customer and service provider that's being dragged out for the public to see. We all know we don't need another DCT problem thread around here.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
My question is why is this on a public forum to begin with? This seems like a problem between a customer and service provider that's being dragged out for the public to see. We all know we don't need another DCT problem thread around here.
Very good point Beta! If there is something happening between a customer and a dealer (and it is currently being looked at), it should stay that way... you're right, we don't need yet another thread about DCT issues... I know Ford doesn't need to be reminded in here..... LOL. I hope it works out for the OP.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)

Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #33
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Very good point Beta! If there is something happening between a customer and a dealer (and it is currently being looked at), it should stay that way... you're right, we don't need yet another thread about DCT issues... I know Ford doesn't need to be reminded in here..... LOL. I hope it works out for the OP.
Well, I didn't really write this for Ford at all. My serviceman just so happened to be a Focus Fanatics moderator... and recognized my name because I obviously wasn't very cryptic. I wrote this for the people who are getting the constant run around with their car. I hope that we can help each other by letting each other know what happens with our car and what one dealer's solutions have been. I only found out about the TSB that's being performed on my car right now through this forum... So I'd have to respectfully disagree with you guys. But your input is noted.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #34
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
Well, I didn't really write this for Ford at all. My serviceman just so happened to be a Focus Fanatics moderator... and recognized my name because I obviously wasn't very cryptic. I wrote this for the people who are getting the constant run around with their car. I hope that we can help each other by letting each other know what happens with our car and what one dealer's solutions have been. I only found out about the TSB that's being performed on my car right now through this forum... So I'd have to respectfully disagree with you guys. But your input is noted.
I agree! For those of us having the same issue we want to know what was preformed and what the outcome is. This is the perfect place to post this information. The fact that misfire brought up that he was the service writer for the OP was on him. please keep us up to date, anyone who does not like the thread can simply ignore it.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #35
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw View Post
Damn that noise is horrifying. Hopefully you can trade in and get ST instead ;-)
How much extra must the customer pay because the customer did not cause this problem, and is well documented amongst many (albeit to differing levels)?

Quote:
Why not? Benign or not, is this not an insignificant issue, surely?

And where is the line between "for the public to see" and not? I can think of issues that don't need to be told so loudly, but to be fair - this is the transmission, a vital component to the car. Not an ash tray... benign or not, and if it becomes less benign and a pattern of people having problems over time increases, then it's definitely something the public MUST know about. I'm sorry if some people disagree, but the ethics are in how a company deals with a problem. It would be far more unethical to keep everything buried as you seem to allude to and pretend there's no problem... But Ford seeing, acknowledging, and fixing, the problem, would only add - and add much - to respectability. Since we all know that people make mistakes. Trying to hide the problem is almost as low as it gets. I'd rather work with people and support companies that act ethically.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #36
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
I have to agree. I think having 2,000 separate DCT threads isn't really helpful for anybody, but I think this thread is pretty helpful. And Misfire has a real job like the rest of us, so I'm sure he'll stop by soon.

I am now slightly concerned as there are several people that had smooth transmissions and NOW are having issues. I think it would be very helpful to include your build date to see if there is a correlation. Mine was built May 21, 2012 and I have no issues.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #37
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
My built date is June of 2011. I have about 14000km on my car. I've started hearing some noise about a month ago. It is nothing like the OP and not enough for me to bring it forward to the dealer. I'm hoping that with a little time it will go away. All TSB have been performed.

If I were to buy a car again I'd still go with the Focus.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #38
Craeshen
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90525
What I Drive: 2012 candy blue Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Craeshen Good Standing Member
It does sound an awful lot like a damaged synchro (sp?) or damaged gears maybe all the rough starts over time damaged the synchros on one of the clutch packs.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #39
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craeshen View Post
It does sound an awful lot like a damaged synchro (sp?) or damaged gears maybe all the rough starts over time damaged the synchros on one of the clutch packs.
A syncronizer or blocker ring would be on the shaft with the gears, not attached to the clutch assembly.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #40
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
I have to agree. I think having 2,000 separate DCT threads isn't really helpful for anybody, but I think this thread is pretty helpful. And Misfire has a real job like the rest of us, so I'm sure he'll stop by soon.

I am now slightly concerned as there are several people that had smooth transmissions and NOW are having issues. I think it would be very helpful to include your build date to see if there is a correlation. Mine was built May 21, 2012 and I have no issues.
Mine was built March, 2011. So perhaps that is why I am having problems.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->