Ford cargo tray and 18" wheels - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
GhiaFan that is indeed the tray. But it doesn't fit my Focus anything like the photo.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 8,853, Level 63
Points: 8,853, Level: 63 Points: 8,853, Level: 63 Points: 8,853, Level: 63
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
I really think your dealership should step up here and make this right, as they are the live contact and should have informed you in the first place or at least in this case see the mistake after the fact and just give you the money back. As they should be the one that needs to take this up with Ford accessory department not you.
Also the dealership is in a much better position to keep the cargo tray in stock , in case a Focus owner needs to purchase one. Or they could be nice one day and add it as an extra to a repeat customer who purchases a Focus hatch (without the 18`wheels etc.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

"Who told you that women are better at following up on something?
I think it depends on the individual rather than just their gender"
Really? Not according to the studies I have read. Have you done any research? Or do you just shoot from the hip?

"Nothing to do with your dealer??? They could have informed you (their customer) of the obvious (the tray isn't going to fit properly with the full sized spare tire) and saved you from your big dilemma."
Are you serious? The Ford Part catalogue lists 2 cargo trays for the 2012 Focus, one without the sub and one with the sub. The catalogue says nothing about the part not fitting the 18" wheel Focus. By law the maker has a duty to disclose this. It would have been nice if someone in the entire Ford organization had done their job and noticed this.

"People aren't perfect. That's why it's better to do your homework (before purchasing anything) and be an informed consumer."
Do you work for Ford? I am a customer. It is not up to me to do Ford's job. Nor is it up to the dealer to do Ford's job. In the chain of things we both rely on Ford. If Ford doesn't list a part for a model such as the case with the locking gas filler plug that is when I as a customer do my homework, take a chance and buy it and try it. If it doesn't fit the dealer doesn't have to refund my money. For the same reason it is not up to the dealer to correct mistakes made by Ford.

You might want read some books by Seth Godin so you can find out what the real marketing and branding issues are about.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

I agree completely GhiaFan. My Ford dealer has been great. But they missed the obvious. When I told them the tray didn't fit they should have realized there was a problem. It could be that being that they are a small dealer I am the only one who has purchased a tray for an 18" wheel Focus. So it wasn't on their radar screen. My dealer has an excuse but Ford Canada doesn't.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,919, Level 26
Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Why didn't you just take it back and simply ask for a refund without all the drama? If it's still in good condition and within 30 days (or within whatever their return policy states) that's all you should have to do. You may have to take a credit if that's they're policy. To think that a CEO of a major corporation is going to respond to a consumer over a poorly fitted cargo mat is ridiculous, there's a customer relations department to do that. Your letter probably didn't get past the mail room.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #16
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

2012SilverSel, don't quit your day job to go into public relations. Why don't you start at the beginning and read all my posts instead of jumping in and shooting from the hip. FYI, this is the first time in my life that I have written a letter to a CEO and not gotten a response. And I have written many letters, some complimentary and some critical.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Considering the first class customer service my wife and I get when we visit American stores like Nordtrom in Seattle I am amazed at the number of comments by Americans on this site who apparently endorse mediocrity. The term Quality goes way beyond the actual product in my world. Service is the underpinning of Quality. Ford preaches Quality is Job One. This entails doing it better than anyone else. Compared to the Hyundai service we get on our 2010 Tucson Ford doesn't even rate honorable mention. This is why there is a Hyundai parked in our garage instead of a Ford SUV. And domestic car makers wonder why foreign car sales are leaving them in the dust again at least in Canada. Keep it up Ford an Audi is looking better by the second.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,919, Level 26
Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26 Points: 1,919, Level: 26
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sorry, I guess I missed your non sequitur no box for the part, no return comment at the end of a rambling post about third party Facebook contracts and letters to CEO’s. Is your Ford’s policy, as far as I know based on what the dealership told you, or what your neighbor told you. So I don’t shoot from the hip again, let me make sure I have this correct; you opened the box, installed the part, the part didn't fit, you disposed of the box and began writing letters. Your final post as I began typing this is typical of someone who gets all twisted up over minor things and starts going on about how horrible Ford is and how Hyundai, or Toyota, or Honda know how to do it right. By the way, Audi's are pretty good cars and slightly better than a Ford Focus. Yeah, you spent hard earned money on something that didn't fit, that's why you keep receipts and the box until you're sure you're satisfied with the item. Good luck with all this.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

And which private brand management contractor looking after Ford do you work for? I know the name of the contractor Ford Canada uses.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
I really think your dealership should step up here and make this right, as they are the live contact and should have informed you in the first place or at least in this case see the mistake after the fact and just give you the money back. As they should be the one that needs to take this up with Ford accessory department not you.
Also the dealership is in a much better position to keep the cargo tray in stock , in case a Focus owner needs to purchase one. Or they could be nice one day and add it as an extra to a repeat customer who purchases a Focus hatch (without the 18`wheels etc.
Well they should have never ordered it for you in the first place. On the website it says: Vehicle Notes: Not Available w/Full-Size Spare.

http://accessories.ford.com/cargo-ar...subwoofer.html
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.