Is there a garage door opener in the Focus? - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #61
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict
 
I Bleed Ford Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 94113
Location: N.E., OH
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

Posts: 845
FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The drl's are for Canada spec focii. the lane departure, headlight washers and BLIS were never available on North American focii at all, not for 2012 or 13.
__________________
13 Blue Flame F150 FX4 402A on 20's loaded
13 Frosted Glass Escape Ti 401A loaded
13 Performance Blue SE 201A
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
I Bleed Ford Blue is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Just my point, NOBODY else can do it, why would you expect Ford to do it? Also, the 2012 Titanium had DRL's, lane departure warning and headlights washers? hmmm I missed those options when I ordered mine. Of course I could have imported one.
No the 12's didn't have DRL's, except fleet vehicles, BLIS, lane departure, or washers, the European market gets all of those nice features, for the same price as our US version sans them. I was referring to the rain sensing wipers and auto dimming mirrors that the 2012's had that are now absent on the similarly priced 2013's. But regardless, all these features CAN be on the US Focus, but Ford chooses not to even offer them as an OPTION, that is where my displeasure is with Ford. Why have technology and only offer it to one market, and not even YOUR HOME MARKET at that! That's what has me upset. And yes, someone can do it, it's Ford, they just choose to do it for the European market and not the good old US market.
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #63
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
The drl's are for Canada spec focii. the lane departure, headlight washers and BLIS were never available on North American focii at all, not for 2012 or 13.
ahh BLIS, I had no idea what BLISS was.

Actually had no idea what BLIS was either, but Google did. If you adjust your 3 mirrors in concert there's no need for BLIS or BLISS, it's just bliss.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #64
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
ahh BLIS, I had no idea what BLISS was.

Actually had no idea what BLIS was either, but Google did. If you adjust your 3 mirrors in concert there's no need for BLIS or BLISS, it's just bliss.
Point being it is a SAFETY feature that is offered by Ford, on the Focus, just not in our market, which is where Ford is based. It even uses the sensors that are already on the car, the ones that tell you when you are too close to something in front and to the rear of you, and the ones that are used in the parking assist system. So why not just let us pay for it and enable the feature instead of not even letting us choose. Do you like getting cheated when you spend money lewisra? It sounds like you do since you are more than content with the Ford offerings as they currently are here in the US. I, on the other hand, want the same features that are offered to others for the price they pay for them. I want HID's, DRL's, rain sensing wipers, lane departure warning, Blind Spot Indicator System, head light washers( these come in handy when the weather sucks and you get splashed with mud and muck from a large semi), and an auto dimming mirror on my $27K dollar Focus because the Europeans get all of that on their Focus models for roughly the same amount of money. So why should I expect to get LESS for my hard earned dollar, when they get more for their hard earned Euros?
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #65
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah it's real nice to know that $27K gets you a stick on blind spot mirror that looks like it came from Pep Boys on your Focus here in the States, but in Europe you get a blind spot indicator on your outside mirrors that lights up to warn you. Yeah that $1 glue on blind spot mirror is way better. So why is Ford spending the money on the technology of BLIS, if the little blind spot mirror does a much superior job? Probably because it DOESN'T!
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #66
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's what's wrong with this country, everyone is so complacent, and just accepts what they are given by the manufacturer. All the while, the manufacturers are taking the extra money they earned by you paying more for a less equipped vehicle and turning around and gaining market shares out of this country by selling an inexpensive, well equipped, and fuel efficient vehicle to other countries. I believe charity begins at home. So Ford, time to spread the wealth and make all the technological safety features available to your home market before we wake up and get fed up with being ripped off.
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #67
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Point being it is a SAFETY feature that is offered by Ford, on the Focus, just not in our market, which is where Ford is based. It even uses the sensors that are already on the car, the ones that tell you when you are too close to something in front and to the rear of you, and the ones that are used in the parking assist system. So why not just let us pay for it and enable the feature instead of not even letting us choose. Do you like getting cheated when you spend money lewisra? It sounds like you do since you are more than content with the Ford offerings as they currently are here in the US. I, on the other hand, want the same features that are offered to others for the price they pay for them. I want HID's, DRL's, rain sensing wipers, lane departure warning, Blind Spot Indicator System, head light washers( these come in handy when the weather sucks and you get splashed with mud and muck from a large semi), and an auto dimming mirror on my $27K dollar Focus because the Europeans get all of that on their Focus models for roughly the same amount of money. So why should I expect to get LESS for my hard earned dollar, when they get more for their hard earned Euros?
I don't need HID's, DRL's, rain sensing wipers, lane departure warning, BLIS, head light washers or an auto dimming mirror on my $27K Focus because it isn't needed nor would it cost $27K. If the US market dictated a need for these and most vehicles had them, then your $27K Focus would have them and it would be a $30K Focus. Ford doesn't offer those options to Europeans because they are just being nice, it's what the market bears.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #68
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Yeah it's real nice to know that $27K gets you a stick on blind spot mirror that looks like it came from Pep Boys on your Focus here in the States, but in Europe you get a blind spot indicator on your outside mirrors that lights up to warn you. Yeah that $1 glue on blind spot mirror is way better. So why is Ford spending the money on the technology of BLIS, if the little blind spot mirror does a much superior job? Probably because it DOESN'T!
I'm not speaking of the "stuck on mirrors", I hate those. If you adjust your 3 mirrors in concert it eliminates your blind spots.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #69
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 570
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
That's what's wrong with this country, .
or maybe it's "They have it so I want it too" or "time to spread the wealth" or "being ripped off". Maybe we should sue them.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #70
dbsimms63
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fan#: 110359
Location: Carrollton, TX
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

Posts: 737
FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well maybe it's time time our market demands this, and really it is because cars from Chevy and Chrysler have the features we speak of on their cars, and some are around $28K. And just for your information, I could have bought a $28K Nissan Altima, gets the same combined mileage, has a blind spot system indicator, HID's, and an auto dimming rear view mirror, but thought I would buy American. But that was my mistake. I think I'll take my hard earned money and go get more for it because I like a better lighting systems like HID's, lets you see farther at night and inclement weather, and I like auto dimming mirrors, like the one in my Explorer, hate the glare of big rigs behind me. So thanks for helping me see the error of my ways.
dbsimms63 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.