LOC advice: lc2i or lc6i or amp with speaker level input - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103279
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 majorChibi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
LOC advice: lc2i or lc6i or amp with speaker level input

New to the forums, and pretty new to car audio. I don't have a complete system setup in mind yet, but I currently have a 6 speaker non-sony system and need advice on which direction to go.

If I go with either setup I'll need to upgrade the speakers and add an amp correct? My initial plan was to just add an amp/sub and upgrade the speakers at a later time, but both installs will require me to take the speaker level inputs.

LC2i:
If I go this route, can I simply add a 4 channel amp that takes the signal from the main preamp outout of the LC2i? I'd then add a sub amp for the sub preamp output. Or simply a 5 channel amp.

LC6i:
I'd be able to use the signal from the front and rear speakers and these would go into a 4 or 5 channel amp.

last option....get a 5 channel amp with speaker level inputs and bypass a separate LOC altogether.

Finally,
Space is an issue. I'd like to use the storage area underneath the hatch floor and maybe the space underneath the passenger seat. I'd also be using a shallow mount sub 8-10".

I'm leaning towards the LC2i for the acubass and the smaller profile.
If I can find a 5ch sub that has similar features I'd go that route and cut down all the wiring.

What am I missing out if I go with the LC2i over the Lc6i?

What are the stock speakers rated at? If I simply add the LOC/amp now can I use that to power the speakers and upgrade the speakers at a later time?

The loc/amp install wouldn't require getting into the doors anyway so installing speakers at the same time wouldn't be too much more convenient.

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
skicrazeeeeee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103565
What I Drive: 2003 Ford

FF Reputation: 1 skicrazeeeeee Good Standing Member
I would go with the LC6i or their new LC7i which also has their AccuBASS circuit. Both these products have great reputations. The LC2i does a great job as well but you get more flexibility and channels with the LC6i/LC7i...

Ski
Old 09-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
320kbps
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100343
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 320kbps Good Standing Member
Lcq-1

WOW! I just had the same quandary!
I added a 4 channel and mono-block amp with hi-low converters, 6.5 components up front coaxial in the rear and 2 10" shallow subs in a shallow wedge box up against the back seats in the hatch area.

1. Hi-low converters don't sound that great.
2.LC2i has only 2 channel input and out put
3.LC6i as was mentioned does not have AccuBass (which might not be a deal breaker)
4.I haven't done any research on amps that accept speaker level inputs, but doesn't sound that great.

I removed the Hi-low converters and installed the LSQ-1 because I wanted to get cleaner sound, more sound and the ability to tweak the sound.
I got all that with the LSQ-1
Cut the mounting flanges off and slid it in the slot at the top of the glove box, so I can slide it out at will to tweak adjustments.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/1761...tegration.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorChibi View Post
New to the forums, and pretty new to car audio. I don't have a complete system setup in mind yet, but I currently have a 6 speaker non-sony system and need advice on which direction to go.

If I go with either setup I'll need to upgrade the speakers and add an amp correct? My initial plan was to just add an amp/sub and upgrade the speakers at a later time, but both installs will require me to take the speaker level inputs.

LC2i:
If I go this route, can I simply add a 4 channel amp that takes the signal from the main preamp outout of the LC2i? I'd then add a sub amp for the sub preamp output. Or simply a 5 channel amp.

LC6i:
I'd be able to use the signal from the front and rear speakers and these would go into a 4 or 5 channel amp.

last option....get a 5 channel amp with speaker level inputs and bypass a separate LOC altogether.

Finally,
Space is an issue. I'd like to use the storage area underneath the hatch floor and maybe the space underneath the passenger seat. I'd also be using a shallow mount sub 8-10".

I'm leaning towards the LC2i for the acubass and the smaller profile.
If I can find a 5ch sub that has similar features I'd go that route and cut down all the wiring.

What am I missing out if I go with the LC2i over the Lc6i?

What are the stock speakers rated at? If I simply add the LOC/amp now can I use that to power the speakers and upgrade the speakers at a later time?

The loc/amp install wouldn't require getting into the doors anyway so installing speakers at the same time wouldn't be too much more convenient.

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
majorChibi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103279
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 majorChibi Good Standing Member
cool that sounds pretty similar to what I was going for.
except I was looking at a single shallow 10" or 2 shallow 8"/6.5" under the trunk(cut foam) or under the seats. maybe even behind the passenger side dash/glove box if there's room.

the lc2i is two channel in but 4 channel out, full range to high amps and a sub amp.
I think going this route will lose me the fade function if I did full range to a 4ch amp.

Lcq1 seems like the most likely choice, lets me keep fade function in the headunit, has all types of adjustments, etc. When you had the high/low converters did you notice the bass roll-off? I don't care for loud music but i want a nice clean sound, and being able to hear it when the windows are down.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
320kbps
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100343
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 320kbps Good Standing Member
Lcq-1

I don't recall having bass roll-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorChibi View Post
cool that sounds pretty similar to what I was going for.
except I was looking at a single shallow 10" or 2 shallow 8"/6.5" under the trunk(cut foam) or under the seats. maybe even behind the passenger side dash/glove box if there's room.

the lc2i is two channel in but 4 channel out, full range to high amps and a sub amp.
I think going this route will lose me the fade function if I did full range to a 4ch amp.

Lcq1 seems like the most likely choice, lets me keep fade function in the headunit, has all types of adjustments, etc. When you had the high/low converters did you notice the bass roll-off? I don't care for loud music but i want a nice clean sound, and being able to hear it when the windows are down.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->