Transmission Repair Round 2?? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
leomon
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90856
Location: Unknown, Canada
What I Drive: 20120 Focus Titanium - SterlingGrey

Posts: 56
FF Reputation: 1 leomon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Transmission Repair Round 2??

Hey Guys,

I have a DCT Ford Focus TI 2012.

It currently is at 45000km (canada)

I have had a total clutch and assembly replace at approx 28000km due to engine shudder and throttle lag.
Repaired, and seemed better.
Now still I feel a few shudders when I feather the throttle at low speeds.

Has anyone had a second clutch assembly service done? I am worried that the fix was just a band aid and it will keep re-ocurring over and over.

What are your km (mi) ??

Thanks,


leomon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Strix
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85696
Location: Northville, MI
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Posts: 547
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomon View Post
Has anyone had a second clutch assembly service done?
LOL. Not me. I had my clutches replaced at 40,000 miles and afterwards there was a vibration in the even-numbered gears that I never did get addressed. Apart from the vibration, the car drove much better, for a time. The drivability symptoms and clutch chatter returned after a few thousand miles.

I never could get Ford to replace the clutches a second time. They didn't care about the drivability problems returning. They didn't care that it vibrated since it was worked on the first time. They eventually started telling me that the clutches (that had less than 20,000 miles on them) would only be replaced at my own expense.

I gave up on the heap of junk when the blower motor started making squealing noises and the mere thought of returning to a Ford dealership for warranty service actually made me physically ill (stress-induced shingles).

So I traded it in on a new Subaru Impreza last month, and I don't regret it for a second.

My Ford Focus was the worst new car I've ever owned, and Ford's warranty was useless to me.
Strix is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast
 
mjb457's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96645
Location: Bucks, PA
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

Posts: 138
FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had two clutch packs so far to date -warranty--- 1st at 11500 2nd at 30500 --- now 32000+ miles on car now---it seems crazy for it not to be right--I Am HOPING-(seems to be ok----------------------------------------------------- time will tell)-(ESP on car so plenty of warranty left)
mjb457 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic
 
CunFFS13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117411
Location: Cancun, Mexico
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

Posts: 1,594
FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
LOL. Not me. I had my clutches replaced at 40,000 miles and afterwards there was a vibration in the even-numbered gears that I never did get addressed. Apart from the vibration, the car drove much better, for a time. The drivability symptoms and clutch chatter returned after a few thousand miles.

I never could get Ford to replace the clutches a second time. They didn't care about the drivability problems returning. They didn't care that it vibrated since it was worked on the first time. They eventually started telling me that the clutches (that had less than 20,000 miles on them) would only be replaced at my own expense.

I gave up on the heap of junk when the blower motor started making squealing noises and the mere thought of returning to a Ford dealership for warranty service actually made me physically ill (stress-induced shingles).

So I traded it in on a new Subaru Impreza last month, and I don't regret it for a second.

My Ford Focus was the worst new car I've ever owned, and Ford's warranty was useless to me.
What a smart move! Great you got a non Ford car to replace your Focus
CunFFS13 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
leomon
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90856
Location: Unknown, Canada
What I Drive: 20120 Focus Titanium - SterlingGrey

Posts: 56
FF Reputation: 1 leomon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
LOL. Not me. I had my clutches replaced at 40,000 miles and afterwards there was a vibration in the even-numbered gears that I never did get addressed. Apart from the vibration, the car drove much better, for a time. The drivability symptoms and clutch chatter returned after a few thousand miles.

I never could get Ford to replace the clutches a second time. They didn't care about the drivability problems returning. They didn't care that it vibrated since it was worked on the first time. They eventually started telling me that the clutches (that had less than 20,000 miles on them) would only be replaced at my own expense.

I gave up on the heap of junk when the blower motor started making squealing noises and the mere thought of returning to a Ford dealership for warranty service actually made me physically ill (stress-induced shingles).

So I traded it in on a new Subaru Impreza last month, and I don't regret it for a second.

My Ford Focus was the worst new car I've ever owned, and Ford's warranty was useless to me.
How much can you get for trade in?
leomon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95399
Location: somewhere, MA
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Posts: 576
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
LOL. Not me. I had my clutches replaced at 40,000 miles and afterwards there was a vibration in the even-numbered gears that I never did get addressed. Apart from the vibration, the car drove much better, for a time. The drivability symptoms and clutch chatter returned after a few thousand miles.

I never could get Ford to replace the clutches a second time. They didn't care about the drivability problems returning. They didn't care that it vibrated since it was worked on the first time. They eventually started telling me that the clutches (that had less than 20,000 miles on them) would only be replaced at my own expense.

I gave up on the heap of junk when the blower motor started making squealing noises and the mere thought of returning to a Ford dealership for warranty service actually made me physically ill (stress-induced shingles).

So I traded it in on a new Subaru Impreza last month, and I don't regret it for a second.

My Ford Focus was the worst new car I've ever owned, and Ford's warranty was useless to me.
I traded for a Mazda-3 and have never had to explain even one oddity to myself since, the cars just drives, and drives WELL.
mr_cassandra is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Strix
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85696
Location: Northville, MI
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Posts: 547
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomon View Post
How much can you get for trade in?
I received 37% of my car's sticker price after 3 years and 70,000 miles. My research shows this to be pretty typical for a car in this class with that many miles on it. The offer from the dealer was perhaps a little low, but fair enough that I didn't quibble over it. The goal was to get rid of the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
I traded for a Mazda-3 and have never had to explain even one oddity to myself since, the cars just drives, and drives WELL.
Yeah, I'm liking my Subaru more every day, especially with this Winter That Won't Quit. I'm still getting used to it... I only just recently stopped expecting a massive shudder every time I accelerate from 30 MPH.
Strix is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #8
leomon
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90856
Location: Unknown, Canada
What I Drive: 20120 Focus Titanium - SterlingGrey

Posts: 56
FF Reputation: 1 leomon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I received 37% of my car's sticker price after 3 years and 70,000 miles. My research shows this to be pretty typical for a car in this class with that many miles on it. The offer from the dealer was perhaps a little low, but fair enough that I didn't quibble over it. The goal was to get rid of the thing.



Yeah, I'm liking my Subaru more every day, especially with this Winter That Won't Quit. I'm still getting used to it... I only just recently stopped expecting a massive shudder every time I accelerate from 30 MPH.
wow 70,000 miles. Strix. How many times did you change the clutch?
What model was it? SEL? Titanium?
leomon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #9
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep
 
FordServiceCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116356
Location: Oakville, Canada
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

Posts: 101
FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomon View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a DCT Ford Focus TI 2012.

It currently is at 45000km (canada)

I have had a total clutch and assembly replace at approx 28000km due to engine shudder and throttle lag.
Repaired, and seemed better.
Now still I feel a few shudders when I feather the throttle at low speeds.

Has anyone had a second clutch assembly service done? I am worried that the fix was just a band aid and it will keep re-ocurring over and over.

What are your km (mi) ??

Thanks,
Hi leomon,

Have you been able to take your vehicle back to your dealer? Please send me a PM with your VIN, full name, best daytime phone number, and servicing dealer; I'll see what I can do. :)

Bianca
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordFocus @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/FordCanada
FordServiceCA is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95399
Location: somewhere, MA
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Posts: 576
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomon View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a DCT Ford Focus TI 2012.

It currently is at 45000km (canada)

I have had a total clutch and assembly replace at approx 28000km due to engine shudder and throttle lag.
Repaired, and seemed better.
Now still I feel a few shudders when I feather the throttle at low speeds.

Has anyone had a second clutch assembly service done? I am worried that the fix was just a band aid and it will keep re-ocurring over and over.

What are your km (mi) ??

Thanks,
Leo, if you read across the hundreds of posts here on this subject, you'll find most folks have the problems come back after weeks to months.

The Ford reps here are sincere and they absolutely follow thru forcing the dealers to do the right thing for you.

The problem is that Ford does not seem to know how to permanently fix it.
mr_cassandra is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.