Ford Fiesta Facelift - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
goingFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75386
What I Drive: 2005 CD silver ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 goingFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Disappointed that the three-door is not going to make it here. I need the wider front doors, w/ ATX. WWT??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
Minchkin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92792
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 Minchkin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
Honestly, don't like it. There is a line between sharing design concept between models and making things all look the same. Ford has definitely crossed that line...

Focus vs Escape, Fiesta facelift vs Fusion, Explorer vs Edge...
Agreed. Porsche has done it forever and I have hated it forever. I really don't like it. Keep the current Fiesta!
SES #032
Old 09-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
I assume you're speaking specifically of the 3-door version, since we are supposed to get the update for '14. It may even come with an 8-speed conventional auto.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/05/2...ion-like-face/
flippin 8 speed auto!?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
It's all the rage these days. More gears more mileage.

And for serious, I want to meet the person who will cross shop a Fiesta with a Fusion.

Puh-leeeeeeze.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
fhh02a
HATCH NATION

Fan#: 57548
What I Drive: 2004, Pitch Black Zx3

FF Reputation: 13 fhh02a Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I do NOT like any of the new designs... I cant stand the new look of the Ford cars. As it has been mentioned, they all look the same. I cant believe Im saying this but I like the 08-11 style better..
[COLOR="Red"]HATCH NATION..#01[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30"][COLOR="Black"]B-S-T[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12"][COLOR="Red"]SOUTHERN FANATICS [/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33"][COLOR="Black"]GEN CHAT[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45"][COLOR="Red"]MK1[/COLOR][/URL]
Old 09-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
streetfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5768
What I Drive: 2004 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 streetfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I prefer the current design, but the new is not that bad. The article mentions the new engine will be the 1.0L ecoboost which is a 3 cylinder I believe. That could be neat. I'm just waiting for the Fiesta ST.

New: 04 SVT : K&N panel filter, 3 performance motor mounts, Taylor wires, orp, 67mm TB, Tom's Tune.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
the new Fords may look nice and look better than anything else out there.... but they look like all the other Ford products (Mustang & trucks excluded). they're going too far with this Evo's nose crap. they all look like some kind of fish. pick ONE CAR for it and pick another design for the next car. thats why i like my 2nd gen better than any of the new Fords. it doesnt look like anything else out on the road nor in the Ford line up today or when it was in production so i agree with you, fhh02a.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Jay 918 View Post
the new Fords may look nice and look better than anything else out there.... but they look like all the other Ford products (Mustang & trucks excluded). they're going too far with this Evo's nose crap. they all look like some kind of fish. pick ONE CAR for it and pick another design for the next car. thats why i like my 2nd gen better than any of the new Fords. it doesnt look like anything else out on the road nor in the Ford line up today or when it was in production so i agree with you, fhh02a.

Posted via FF Mobile Uhh, yes it did. When the 05-07 focus was out, a bunch of fords products had foglights just like the focus and a hexigon grill...just like the focus. Then the 08-11 focus was out and all Fords products had the three bar chrome grill, except the Mustang. Now Ford is giving their lineup the evos concept face, except the Mustang. What a surprise...sorry but just about every car maker does this and their line ups share a common design to make them a "family." Nothing has changed....

2005- same headlight shape, same grill shape with hex grill and chrome surround, same foglights or foglight spot, and same lower valance. Tons of trapezoids.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Uhh, yes it did. When the 05-07 focus was out, a bunch of fords products had foglights just like the focus and a hexigon grill...just like the focus. Then the 08-11 focus was out and all Fords products had the three bar chrome grill, except the Mustang. Now Ford is giving their lineup the evos concept face, except the Mustang. What a surprise...sorry but just about every car maker does this and their line ups share a common design to make them a "family." Nothing has changed....

2005- same headlight shape, same grill shape with hex grill and chrome surround, same foglights or foglight spot, and same lower valance. Tons of trapezoids.

i'm talking about my generation Focus not the previous generation. i mean how IMO my generation didnt look like anything else in the Ford line up of that model year. mine was the only one (IIRC) that had a 2 bar grill too!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Rumors that the Dunkleosteus Fiesta may come to the U.S. with a turbocharged, direct-injected three-cylinder EcoBoost engine persist. The new 1.0-liter engine is said to pack 125 horsepower and allow the Fiesta to hit 55 mpg, but we'll take that miles per gallon figure with a few grains of salt. Other speculation involves the triple also getting an electric supercharger that could boost power to 175 horsepower
What are the Germans drinking these days?

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->