How to remove center console? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
Clubz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103482
What I Drive: 2007, black, Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Clubz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How to remove center console?

I was wondering how to remove the center console of a 5speed manual 07 Focus. I had left my diamond studs in the center compartment in front of the cup holder but one of them slipped out of my hands and down into the crack in front of the cupholders and it's been driving me nuts trying to get it. I never thought there would be an opening in front of the cupholders :(

I removed the two screws in the front cup holders as well as the 3 screws in the 2 cup holders in the back of the console and took off the shift knob but when I try to pull the console off it feels like it's tied down to something and won't come off. Is there a trick to taking it off? Do I need to remove one of the seats to do that?

Help is much appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
TerryB
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34559
What I Drive: Red '01 ZX3

Points 5,164, Level 46
Points: 5,164, Level: 46 Points: 5,164, Level: 46 Points: 5,164, Level: 46
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 68 TerryB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Remove the armrest if you have one. Also, lift the e-brake handle all the way up. It'll take some wiggling around, but it wiil come out.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
1gambit
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 79110
What I Drive: 2006 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 1gambit Good Standing Member
Also if you have a little useless cubby hole above the cup holders, pop that out and if I remember correctly there is a screw behind there too.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Points 7,603, Level 58
Points: 7,603, Level: 58 Points: 7,603, Level: 58 Points: 7,603, Level: 58
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gambit View Post
Also if you have a little useless cubby hole above the cup holders, pop that out and if I remember correctly there is a screw behind there too.
that one shouldnt be holding the console on though... I've taken mine off once or twice and it was fairly straight forward.

Try this as a guide to getting it off, the pictures and screw locations might be helpful:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=78498

Also, try just taking your shift knob/boot off. See if you can look down in there and see the loose bolt first. If so, you might be able to fish it out with some long needle nose pliers. If not, then proceed to the full removal of the console.

The biggest trick is the e-brake itself. Pull it up as far as you can, then it will just be a matter of massaging the console out.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Clubz
Focus Rookie

Alright so I was able to get the middle part off but no luck finding my stud so far. How do I go about taking the rest of the center parts out? I'm trying to figure out how to take the lower part right in front of the cup holder but the black screws are locked into this piece of plastic that lets it spin around. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to take out the plastic piece that runs along both sides of the shifter and e brake.

I have today and tomorrow off so I'm gonna spend as much time dismantling it as I can haha. I'll be riding without the center console on for now in hopes that my stud will pop out during a bump or something in the meantime. Hopefully it's not caught under the carpet somewhere otherwise this is going to be a biotch.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
1gambit
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 79110
What I Drive: 2006 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 1gambit Good Standing Member
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=39770

I found this post, maybe it will help. I cannot find the post I used to take my husband's console apart, but this one is pretty much the same just without pictures.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Clubz
Focus Rookie

So I was able to remove everything and found my stud under the carpet like I thought. Luckily the carpet was pretty tight and didn't give a lot space for it move to the other side of the car ha. Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #8
Focus jake
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103202
What I Drive: 2000 French blue matellic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Focus jake Good Standing Member
Pull it back From under the Dash, and lift the back up, it should come out.
Posted via FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.