Just bought a used 2012 Focus Titanium - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I think it was more clearly just misrepresentation of information. We all wanted to get out of there after 5 hours...
So I tried to cancel the warranty and service plan and was told that I have to wait for it to nationally register before they can cancel it (Call back after the 10th). I was also told that my payments would remain the same, and that the loan term would only be reduced by a few months.

Another thing is that if I cancel it now, they informed me I would NOT be able to sign up for another extended warranty through ford. SO I guess pricing one out on the linked sites won't work?

To make things worse, it more sunny today and I can see the left side of the body is rippled and has some minor, long but somewhat flat dents in it. I noticed the paint looked like it was overbuffed on that side, and they gave me some money off the car for that, but I couldn't tell in the available light after the sun was going down the extent of the problem...

I guess I really got screwed this time, but I guess it is bound to happen to everyone sooner or later. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #22
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,430, Level 65
Points: 9,430, Level: 65 Points: 9,430, Level: 65 Points: 9,430, Level: 65
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 27%
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
So I tried to cancel the warranty and service plan and was told that I have to wait for it to nationally register before they can cancel it (Call back after the 10th). I was also told that my payments would remain the same, and that the loan term would only be reduced by a few months.

Another thing is that if I cancel it now, they informed me I would NOT be able to sign up for another extended warranty through ford. SO I guess pricing one out on the linked sites won't work?

To make things worse, it more sunny today and I can see the left side of the body is rippled and has some minor, long but somewhat flat dents in it. I noticed the paint looked like it was overbuffed on that side, and they gave me some money off the car for that, but I couldn't tell in the available light after the sun was going down the extent of the problem...

I guess I really got screwed this time, but I guess it is bound to happen to everyone sooner or later. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow morning.
There should be no reason why you can't get them to cancel the ESP contract and then buy one elsewhere for less. It just sounds like they are trying to use scare tactics to get you to keep the one they already billed you for.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #23
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
There should be no reason why you can't get them to cancel the ESP contract and then buy one elsewhere for less. It just sounds like they are trying to use scare tactics to get you to keep the one they already billed you for.
wouldn't it be illegal to straight up lie about it? I guess I should still cancel one way or another...even if it does not reduce my payments.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #24
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile Did you buy this car intoxicated?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #25
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Did you buy this car intoxicated?
Had this nick since college. But no of course I was not. Did you get an all black car because you are batman?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #26
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I think it was more clearly just misrepresentation of information. We all wanted to get out of there after 5 hours...
There has to be a point when you just walk away though, if it just got worse. That isn't the only used FoFo out there that is a great car. (That's what we said to our dealer when she tried to topple us on my bro's edge, we were like "That's fine, we can find another, this isn't the onnnly one on US soil, haha!")
Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

Points 1,133, Level 18
Points: 1,133, Level: 18 Points: 1,133, Level: 18 Points: 1,133, Level: 18
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Did you get an all black car because you are batman?
Yes.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #28
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Well besides the hit to the fuel economy, I'm enjoying the car. Sync is working well, and give me slightly better integration than the Head Unit I installed in my metro (voice command was through the phone before). I'm heading in on the weekend to see if there is anything they can do to what appears to be some body damage that was covered up, I'm guessing they won;t do anything though and I'm not really sure what to ask them to do about it? Any suggestions?

It's not noticeable at a glace, but I can see it from across the work parking lot now that I know it's there, probably mostly where the clearcoat was either overly buffed or redone. Up close you can see the metal is slightly wrinkly on the bottom 1/2 of the door, especially when parked in a spot with the white line reflecting onto the door.

No problems yet with DCT, but sure it is different than a regular auto like they sold it to me as.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #29
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

Points 149,159, Level 100
Points: 149,159, Level: 100 Points: 149,159, Level: 100 Points: 149,159, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Don't forget.. most of the time, people only come to the forums when they have a problem. Almost all of these 2012 people joined because they had some sort of problem.

Now think of all the other 2012 Focuses that have been sold, who's owners didn't join the forum because they never had a problem.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Treat her right, and she'll treat you right.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #30
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Well besides the hit to the fuel economy, I'm enjoying the car. Sync is working well, and give me slightly better integration than the Head Unit I installed in my metro (voice command was through the phone before). I'm heading in on the weekend to see if there is anything they can do to what appears to be some body damage that was covered up, I'm guessing they won;t do anything though and I'm not really sure what to ask them to do about it? Any suggestions?

It's not noticeable at a glace, but I can see it from across the work parking lot now that I know it's there, probably mostly where the clearcoat was either overly buffed or redone. Up close you can see the metal is slightly wrinkly on the bottom 1/2 of the door, especially when parked in a spot with the white line reflecting onto the door.

No problems yet with DCT, but sure it is different than a regular auto like they sold it to me as.
Was the car in an accident?

Bookmarks & Social Networks