First one spotted in NY - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Focus Electric

Focus Electric The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 all-electric Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
foci3
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Fan#: 38952
Location: NY, United States
What I Drive: 2001 WH 4DR

Posts: 104
FF Reputation: 3 foci3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First one spotted in NY

Had this one and a black one at work Friday. All ready sold will be delivered next week.







foci3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,143
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just read your thread earlier and then went out real quick...saw a black one here in the Detroit area coming up behind me when I was in the turn lane as he passed.
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
joe91898
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Fan#: 56506
Location: Westchester, NY
What I Drive: 2008 SE, 2012 SE Hatch

Posts: 62
FF Reputation: 1 joe91898 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Too bad the price tag is 41grand. Not worth it. Most folks who can afford to spend 40g's on a car are not worried about the price of gas. The people that would really want one of these simply cant afford one
joe91898 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,143
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe91898 View Post
Too bad the price tag is 41grand. Not worth it. Most folks who can afford to spend 40g's on a car are not worried about the price of gas. The people that would really want one of these simply cant afford one
You do get a government rebate type deal too, if my mind serves me correctly. But still, the price with that would be just more than the ST.
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
joe91898
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Fan#: 56506
Location: Westchester, NY
What I Drive: 2008 SE, 2012 SE Hatch

Posts: 62
FF Reputation: 1 joe91898 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
You do get a government rebate type deal too, if my mind serves me correctly. But still, the price with that would be just more than the ST.
Sure you get a tax rebate but you still need to come up with the 41g's. If I had 41 grand to spend or could afford a 40+g car I would not be buying one of these. That I can say for sure.
joe91898 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98139
Location: Newport, RI
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Electric

Posts: 49
FF Reputation: 1 Spare Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That is my car... I was able to make out the delivery address - Schultz Ford Lincoln. Located in Nanuet, NY. The last four digits of the blotted out VIN on the top of the Monroney sticker are 848. I am picking up the car tomorrow. Thanks for sharing. I'll certainly send you some more photos....
Spare is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
foci3
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Fan#: 38952
Location: NY, United States
What I Drive: 2001 WH 4DR

Posts: 104
FF Reputation: 3 foci3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare View Post
That is my car... I was able to make out the delivery address - Schultz Ford Lincoln. Located in Nanuet, NY. The last four digits of the blotted out VIN on the top of the Monroney sticker are 848. I am picking up the car tomorrow. Thanks for sharing. I'll certainly send you some more photos....
I thought that might be your car Spare since you mentioned in the other thread that it was at the dealer. We got 2 in your white one and a black one. I heard one was going to Vermont and one to Rhode Island.
Stop into the service dept and say hello to Steve if you get a chance.
foci3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
DBrim
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97130
Location: Danvers, MA
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE sedan

Posts: 50
FF Reputation: 1 DBrim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe91898 View Post
Sure you get a tax rebate but you still need to come up with the 41g's. If I had 41 grand to spend or could afford a 40+g car I would not be buying one of these. That I can say for sure.
But you're not everybody.

I see the occasional Volt or Leaf floating around here. With increasing frequency in the last few months. I'd say Ford will sell a few of these, and it's probably a good bet for the future as the infrastructure to support these kinds of cars continues to develop.
__________________
2012 Grey Focus SE - Sports, Winter, Moonroof, Sync/Sirius
DBrim is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98139
Location: Newport, RI
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Electric

Posts: 49
FF Reputation: 1 Spare Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Steve - I will see you tomorrow around 11am. So looking forward to driving and showing of this new vehicle. Wood
Spare is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
joe91898
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Fan#: 56506
Location: Westchester, NY
What I Drive: 2008 SE, 2012 SE Hatch

Posts: 62
FF Reputation: 1 joe91898 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrim View Post
But you're not everybody.

I see the occasional Volt or Leaf floating around here. With increasing frequency in the last few months. I'd say Ford will sell a few of these, and it's probably a good bet for the future as the infrastructure to support these kinds of cars continues to develop.
I wasn't talking for everybody. Just myself. If this is the future I sure hope they make it affordable for the regular person to buy and without fed rebates. I would go out tomorrow and buy one if it were in the low 20's otherwise it makes zero sense to own one (for me). Better off with a Prius
joe91898 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.