Gas Gauge showing empty after filling tank - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverST05 View Post
I think it might just be a coincidence. You probably just having an issue with your sending unit. They go bad without the pump going bad but unfortunately you have to replace them together as one unit. Usually a couple hundred bucks for the part.
I think it wasnt a coincidence. To the OP.... if i remember correctly, if you refill your tank with the key on the ON position it will take a while for your fuel gauge to read correctly. I am not sure if the Focus is like this, but I know my 05 Malibu was like this, as was my 2000 focus and my 03 F150. id say if you have no trouble with it again you are ok... if you want, try to recreate it by refueling while leaving hte key in the ON position and see if it happens again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
Newkleus
Bexar County

Fan#: 30810
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 5 Newkleus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have never left my key in the on position while refilling, I do however quickly turn it to accessory to record the mileage on my tripometer, and then quickly shut it off.
SVT SQUAD #344
2002 CD-Silver Focus SVT
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
Newkleus
Bexar County

Fan#: 30810
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 5 Newkleus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Tomorrow marks two weeks that the CEL has been off.
SVT SQUAD #344
2002 CD-Silver Focus SVT
Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #14
NCFocus12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103684
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 NCFocus12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The easiest solution: stop buying fuel at Costco. How many brain cells does it take to figure this out? Are you a glutton for punishment? CostcoMurphySheetz all buy the cheapest pipeline piss of the day, and truck it in. Basically, the equivalent of buying discounted just-expired meat at the grocery store.

Do yourself a favor, run either Shell or BP, or I suppose Chevron if you have it in your area. How much are you really saving going to Costco? 50 cents every 300 miles?

I once made the mistake of trying to save a buck at Murphy, filled up my last Benz on premium, and it was sputtering before I got out of the parking lot. That was enough to dissuade me from returning.

Bookmarks & Social Networks