thermostat housing problems - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #21
Hempster
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29310
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 3 Hempster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02svtf300 View Post
Never had that problem mine leaked from the Weep hole on bottom.... and my CfM one leaks from the temp senser occasionally
If you ever would like to stop the leak, use viton o-rings, but then again, you could have just used them in the OEM housing and saved some money!
CD Silver 02 SVTF, #1336 - R.I.P.

"Brace for the G's, and fast heel-toe work!"- Hunter S. Thompson
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempster View Post
I doubt you really know what you are talking about and you should consider this when replying.
The relief hole should never be an issue if you maintain your car properly.
Oil should be housed in the engine block and not running down the head.
Before you buy that useless intake, header or inferior coil pack, fix the issues that need addressing!
The biggest issue this car has is children purchasing this car and driving the $&^* out of them!
This is the reason the European versions suffer no issues with the thermostat housing, clutch or anything else that seems to be complained about over and over on these kind of "specialty" websites.
The cars are basically the same, just different owners!
Sometimes I get a good laugh at people on FF or FJ coming up with a new engineering, thinking that they are more capable than an establish car manufacturer or F1 engineering firm.
I drive my car the way it was intended and maintain it like it should be maintained.
That's why I don't have the issues you are so eager to give advice about!
The SVT Focus costs more to own and operate than its domestic sibling and it should, it was designed that way!
Sorry for being so harsh, but your reply seemed so ignorant and disrespectful!
You mad bro?

Dude, give me a break with your antiquated sounding parental advice. Please point out where I was ignorant or disrespectful so you can unwad your panties.

I bought this car brand new back in 2003 and have been the soul owner of this vehicle. So you're basically calling others and myself liars that have come to the same conclusion? Do a search on it before you assume the role of Dr. Phil.

I don't recall ever saying that I had an aftermarket parts on it, so where you crafted that from is completely fictional. If you have an issue with oil leaking down the head of your motor, then it's apparent that you're not as wise as you perceive yourself to be. Do you need instructions on how to properly replace a valve cover gasket?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hempster View Post
If you ever would like to stop the leak, use viton o-rings, but then again, you could have just used them in the OEM housing and saved some money!
Viton O-rings are the recommended choice, but that's not going to keep the cheap plastic from cracking AROUND the o-ring. That's the problem with these things. Have you ever taken one apart and noticed that the thin seat for the O-ring is what the problem is? Have you? Quit posting up pragmatic comments to earn rep points for Christ's sake...
Old 09-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
Hempster
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
You mad bro?

Dude, give me a break with your antiquated sounding parental advice. Please point out where I was ignorant or disrespectful so you can unwad your panties.

I bought this car brand new back in 2003 and have been the soul owner of this vehicle. So you're basically calling others and myself liars that have come to the same conclusion? Do a search on it before you assume the role of Dr. Phil.

I don't recall ever saying that I had an aftermarket parts on it, so where you crafted that from is completely fictional. If you have an issue with oil leaking down the head of your motor, then it's apparent that you're not as wise as you perceive yourself to be. Do you need instructions on how to properly replace a valve cover gasket?

Sorry to upset you P-man, I didn’t realize English was your second language, my apologies!
No one was called a liar, only misinformed and/or ignorant, in your case!
I do happen to think Ford and Cosworth are much, much better than anyone on these forums, including yourself, in regards to engineering prowess and no sorry, no oil on my block, but anyone with a main o-ring issue on the thermostat housing certainly have this unfortunate oil situation.
My question to you is how does the oil, in your fictional situation, make its way up to the “weep hole” from the valve cover gasket, interesting?
I have never had to replace my valve cover gasket, only when changing the timing belt.
I do believe the oil from the weep hole usually comes from the grommets being tightened too much and collects in the gallery behind, but I bet you already knew that and were just playing stupid right?
No one accused you of anything other than proliferating long established myths.
Maybe it would be appropriate at this time for you to explain why the identically powered European model suffers very few of the complaints that you offer your expert advice on?
I did happen to notice that I am driving a slightly older model and most of the driving was in an environment that was much harsher than what I would expect in your geographical region, so why do you have so many issues, maybe it's the humility?
To answer your question, yes I have taken my thermostat housing off and did the viton o-ring upgrade and yes I do have some mechanical experience that comes in handy with maintenance.
I am happy for yourself interest in gaining “valuable” rep points, because it is all about you!

PS See you don’t have to be rude to make a point!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
Hempster
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Viton O-rings are the recommended choice, but that's not going to keep the cheap plastic from cracking AROUND the o-ring. That's the problem with these things. Have you ever taken one apart and noticed that the thin seat for the O-ring is what the problem is? Have you? Quit posting up pragmatic comments to earn rep points for Christ's sake...
Pragmatic, really?
You're sure, eh!
Actually, yes it will, as the o-ring has to become effected by the oil and swell to create this issue.
Stop the swelling and you stop the problem!
I am still on the original housing and it looks pretty new!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.