anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #81
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have not experienced those issues yet, I only have 900 miles on mine, I hope I don't....my DCT is the only issue, noisy as hell, grinds, weird shifts and occasional lunging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #82
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by booneymouse View Post
Sold to me as fully automatic - important bec. my husband is handicapped. Rolls backward and same general nonsense - I have my hands on Ford internal memo -obtained from dealer's service rep- about problems (no one would buy this car if they saw this memo) which I gave to my atty. If you want the Ford bulletin it's all in there - glad to e-m it to you if you want. Car seizes up get messages - Hill Start Assist Not Available, Transmission Fault, Then car fails, can't start for 1/2 hr. This all started @8700 miles - booneymouse@hotmail.com
So how did the car run up to 8700 mies or have you always had a history of problems from the beginning?.....Best of luck to you!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #83
booneymouse
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111865
What I Drive: 2013 White Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 booneymouse Good Standing Member
Due to Fords frankenengineering they can't fix. This is normal operating (per their internal memo dated 9/27/12) for the new ford focuses. Rolling backwards - no fix.

booneymouse@hotmail.com
Old 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #84
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
The only fix is to drop out the DCT and install a manual, it has been done with auto equipped Volkswagens but I do not know how much of a cost or if it's possible to do with the Focus? It's a great car, minus the DCT which so far has been extremely disappointing for me.

Everyday I wake up I have to rationalize with my inner-self on how many years I'll have to live with this till I can trade it in and then ask myself at that point will anyone touch a car equipped with the DCT?

I am beginning to highly doubt it as it will be a big red flag to a lot of dealerships. I can see the NADA Blue Book adding a big deduction in value if you check "Auto Transmission" not only that there will be a lot of people aware after all the beta testers like ourselves have divulged our disgust on forums like this.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #85
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Sold to me as fully automatic - important bec. my husband is handicapped. Rolls backward and same general nonsense - I have my hands on Ford internal memo -obtained from dealer's service rep- about problems (no one would buy this car if they saw this memo) which I gave to my atty. If you want the Ford bulletin it's all in there - glad to e-m it to you if you want. Car seizes up get messages - Hill Start Assist Not Available, Transmission Fault, Then car fails, can't start for 1/2 hr. This all started @8700 miles - booneymouse@hotmail.com
Hi booneymouse,

If you have already retained the services of an attorney, I cannot assist as all communication will have to occur through our legal team. If you have not yet retained an attorney, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, current mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get to work on your case.

Thanks!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #86
booneymouse
Focus Rookie

I've retained Rene Korper in Valencia as attorney. You may contact him at any time. You have no idea how hard we tried to work with dealer and even FMC to resolve issues with this "killer car." When attempting fair resolution my husband and I were mistreated and threatened. The car was subsequently towed out of the dealership. Now parked so it can't kill, injure or maim anyone. I'm currently driving a rental and making payments on the lemon, have retained an attorney because it is now my well founded belief FMC & their dealership only desires to do us harm & only serve their own bottom line.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #87
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
...it is now my well founded belief FMC & their dealership only desires to do us harm & only serve their own bottom line.
While I don't think they explicitly want to do us harm, I do believe that they have a mindset where their checkbook is more important than our safety.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #88
booneymouse
Focus Rookie

dead people can't sue
Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #89
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
dead people can't sue
You win this round, booneymouse...
Old 04-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #90
brentwoody
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102285
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 brentwoody Good Standing Member
My Florida Lemon Law claim process is completed. Ford completed the repurchase and I received my check last week. What is unfortunate is that Ford could probably have avoided my claim by admitting there was an issue and actually doing something about it. Instead, Ford's position was consistently that the characteristics exhibited by my transmission were "normal." The Better Business Bureau technical expert (neutral third party) and the arbitrator obviously disagreed. I would encourage Florida Focus owners having issues with the DCT and who cannot get Ford and its service departments to acknowledge the issue, to file a claim if that's the direction you want to go in. With more successful claims, perhaps Ford will get the idea.

Bookmarks & Social Networks