anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #51
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
NVM.

Redacted

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #52
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
[QUOTE=B-lou;4389589]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Because you also lash out at others in a pretty ignorant way; I'm not claiming to be a saint here either so lets just move on and get back on topic.[/QUOTE
Lets get back on topic and that is about the lemon law,and you are one bad azz behind that computer screen calling me ignorant, teach.....B-lou
Good lord, you're still here trolling? Why isn't there an ignore feature here!?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #53
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post

Good lord, you're still here trolling? Why isn't there an ignore feature here!?
A ignore feature isn't going to teach him proper punctuation, grammer or spelling.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #54
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
The ignore feature does exist...Or you guys could simply take it to ''PM's''...just saying.

Try this: Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Last edited by Kaaru; 10-05-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Adding the ignore procedure
Old 10-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #55
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbeav View Post
All you have to do is fill out this online form. https://www.auto.bbb.org/lemon-law-complaint-form/ and wait for a package to come in the mail from the BBB. You don't need a lawyer for the BBB proceedings. You have to be eligible through your State's Lemon Law Statute which in Florida where I'm from is three times for the same repair or 15 or more days out of service. You are going to need copies of all service tickets or work orders plus any other documentation that may help your case. Once your case is filed you will have an answer back from the BBB in 40 days or less if the manufacture will settle or if you have to go to an arbitration hearing. If you have to to an arbitration hearing my advice is to be prepared with any and all documentation that will help your case. If it is a legitimate nonconformity the arbitrator will be more on your side than the manufacturer. If you are not satisfied with with the BBB decision you always can go forward with your State's Lemon Law. Try the BBB first because all it costs you is a little time and the worse than can happen is they say know. Do some research on your State's Lemon Law and good luck to you.
Well, filled out the form online and got it in the mail yesterday. On of my regional representatives called me a couple days after I filled it out (Tuesday, requested on Friday) because apparently they are automatically alerted to the request. Wasn't able to actually talk with them until today though because of work (they called on Wednesday as well and left another message which I felt was kinda rude as they insinuated I was ignoring them since I hadn't called them back or answered the phone. Guess they assume people don't have jobs and sit by their phone all day waiting for an unexpected call. Called them back at like 2AM on Thursday telling them not to even try until Friday)

Anyways, talked with them for about 8 minutes, during which time they basically tried to tell me that while it is my decision whether or not to go through with the filing of the documents, I have other options like bringing into the dealership for even longer or trading in the car. Asked what issues I was still experiencing and told her (MFT issues, DCT, brake pedal, general fit and finish issues - especially related to items that have been repaired/replaced since they weren't even put back together correctly, and others, although I didn't mention a number specifically, instead saying they weren't worth mentioning on their own). They focused on the transmission issue saying that they weren't sure if I was aware that it's an automated manual and not an automatic transmission. I said I was aware. They asked if I knew it was a learning transmission ("not that I am calling you a bad driver") and that it learned the individual user's driving pattern. Told her I was, but had heard several different versions of whether or not this was true and asked for clarification, telling me she could only say what she had been told. Told her I had driven a number of rented Focuses and they never exhibited these issues. "Well I don't know what year those were..." "2012...Focus...SEL. The exact same car I am driving right now." They tried a number of times to get me back into the dealership to fix the issues...again. After I told her (many times) I have already had it in for nearly 40 days and no interest in keeping it in for even more, I was informed that there was nothing they could do if I was unwilling to take it to the dealership again (understandable, but they kept ignoring the extended length of time the car had been in and it still having issues). Said they didn't know of any other way to help me. Told them that if they wanted to help me they could call my dealership and ask why I hadn't gotten my paperwork for the latest repair, which they said they would send to me. Last time they did that it took a month and several calls to get it. They stated they'd be glad to do so, but it's probably because they wait for warranty payments from Ford before closing out the repair order (understandable, but not exactly my problem).

I had recorded the call in case something was said that I needed to refer to later, but didn't play it back so some of this is out of order/possibly slightly off due to misremembering. Filling out the BBB papers now, but can't actually send them in until I get my latest repair papers (8 days).
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #56
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi321cat View Post
I got a 2012 focus did roll back they stoped it alittle ,3 weeks after I got it the stearing went compleatly.now not even a year old the transmission is starting to slip but wont show up on sensors,did it once so far for 13 miles it was like driving a standard with clutch going but I have an automatic.you have any tranny problems like this
How many miles are now on the car, and when did the slipping begin?

If enough people can report similar issues, then there is a repeatable problem that would not be ignored by an ethical and moral company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoebel View Post
B-Lou and others, it's a truly strange situation, we've only been driving our 2012 Focus since July, but it's been flawless, both my wife and I have driven it over 2000 miles, mixed in-town, highway, lots of hills locally, never had a single problem with the 6 Spd DCT tranny.

HOWEVER, I've learned from what you and others have posted about dealing with issues with dealerships, like making sure the actual issue is what's documented on the workorder. I can see how just a minor change could imply "that wasn't the same problem" when it really was.

My sincere condolences to ANYone who didn't get what they thought or felt they were purchasing. I hope you do get your issue resolved. It's not like the dealers and manufacturer's aren't getting better than the average customer...
No offense to car dealers or FoMoCo. I'm a die hard Ford Fan For Life.
Apart from "the noise" that started, which Ford states is normal, I've had no problems here in 9 months/3000 miles... after the implementation of 12B37, which resolved every performance issue I had at the time.

I think Ford has, by and large, worked in good faith on the issues I've read about. I hope nothing bad happens, but it's technically impossible to say either way. And given how nice everything else in the 2012 Focus is, I sincerely and utterly doubt that Ford had deliberately undercut what is one of the most important aspects TO the car!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #57
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
Forceflow2
You have to give the manufacturer one final repair attempt. You need to send via registered mail this formhttp://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.n...cationform.pdf. Once you send this form the manufacturer has 10 days to contact you about one final repair attempt. If you are not happy with the repair or if the repair does not fix the nonconformity you then proceed to arbitration for repurchase or replacement. By sending this form and allowing one final attempt at repair shows that in good faith that you have exhausted all available remedy and repurchase or replacement is the only option left. Do not take your car back to the dealer for any more warranty work until you mail that form and officially hear back from the manufacturer. File the necessary papers that came in the package from the BBB when you send the defect notification form to the manufacturer. Don't let then talk you into trading your car. The manufacturer is obligated to take whatever steps are necessary to make sure that you as a consumer have a product that is free from material and manufacturing defects. If you need any help feel free to PM me and I will do whatever I can to help you out.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #58
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbeav View Post
Forceflow2
You have to give the manufacturer one final repair attempt. You need to send via registered mail this formhttp://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.n...cationform.pdf. Once you send this form the manufacturer has 10 days to contact you about one final repair attempt. If you are not happy with the repair or if the repair does not fix the nonconformity you then proceed to arbitration for repurchase or replacement. By sending this form and allowing one final attempt at repair shows that in good faith that you have exhausted all available remedy and repurchase or replacement is the only option left. Do not take your car back to the dealer for any more warranty work until you mail that form and officially hear back from the manufacturer. File the necessary papers that came in the package from the BBB when you send the defect notification form to the manufacturer. Don't let then talk you into trading your car. The manufacturer is obligated to take whatever steps are necessary to make sure that you as a consumer have a product that is free from material and manufacturing defects. If you need any help feel free to PM me and I will do whatever I can to help you out.
I'll look into this, but I don't think this is true for South Carolina. We just have to notify the manufacturer or their agent (dealership) of the issue before expiration of the warranty and need to go through the arbitration process before anything else. Pretty sure giving them nearly 40 days to repair the car shows a fair amount of good faith on my part...

EDIT: Looked it up, we definitely do not have to do this here. Notification (of the defect) can be done directly to the manufacturer or the dealership and arbitration by the BBB Auto Line program is pretty much the first step in the process after they make repair attempts. I'm guessing Florida has to do that because of it being only 15 days, whereas here it's 30.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #59
Ronbeav
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104446
What I Drive: 2011 genesis coupe ordered 2013 ST3

FF Reputation: 1 Ronbeav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I'll look into this, but I don't think this is true for South Carolina. We just have to notify the manufacturer or their agent (dealership) of the issue before expiration of the warranty and need to go through the arbitration process before anything else. Pretty sure giving them nearly 40 days to repair the car shows a fair amount of good faith on my part...

EDIT: Looked it up, we definitely do not have to do this here. Notification (of the defect) can be done directly to the manufacturer or the dealership and arbitration by the BBB Auto Line program is pretty much the first step in the process after they make repair attempts. I'm guessing Florida has to do that because of it being only 15 days, whereas here it's 30.
Ok I just did some research on South Carolina Lemon Law http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/SC_law.html at this link and I see where it said that notification can be made to the manufacturer by the BBB. It also states that you must allow one final repair attempt of the nonconformity. You can send a defect notification form via registered mail if you want to. Personally I would send the notification form because its a $5.00 insurance policy. The manufacturer can not try to say that you never gave them notice or didn't allow them their last repair attempt if you have the return receipt from the notification form mailing. The manufacturer is going to pull every dirty trick to avoid having to repurchase the vehicle so the burden is on you to make sure that you cross every T and dot every I. Also keep all of your records of any correspondence between you and the manufacturer. Write down the dates ,times and what was said if you talk to the manufacturer on the phone or in person.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #60
brentwoody
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102285
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 brentwoody Good Standing Member
I don't know whether anyone is still following this thread, but I did prevail on a Florida Lemon Law claim on my 2012 Focus for the dual-clutch transmission issues of shuddering, hesitating, noise emanating from the transmission, and the vehicle rolling backwards on a slight incline. I hated to do it, as I liked so many things about the Focus, but I couldn't live with the transmission issues and Ford's insistence that what I was experiencing was "normal."

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->