anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #111
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbish View Post
So, just picked up my Focus from Mall of Ga. Ford service. Took in in at 1100 mls. for grinding, rattling noise during low gear shifts as well as shuddering and hesitating at the same points,though it doesn't always do both. Trans. tech test drove and acknowledged that something was wrong. Problem only shows when trans. is hot, like driven for >30 min hot. Post 2 days, they said they reprogrammed the trans. and did some adjusting on the clutches, (hmmm?) Work ticket said slippage was now within Ford specs.
I've had car back a week, no noise yet (but my long distance driving has been limited, so we'll see), but the shudder, slippage, hesitation,(you pick your descriptor) at low speed shifts is still there; but, again, only after a good warm up. I'll give it the requested two weeks to re-acclimate to my driving style, then I'll try again. Wonder where this is heading. Ford are you listening?
Exactly what mine does. Been "reprogramed" and two weeks later I'm back to the dealer. I've done nothing but spread the word on this POS car.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtdazmW281Y
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #112
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Dealer says the car drives normal and there is no jerking in 3rd gear that he can feel. B.S. Now I need to stop in after work today and take the technician for a test drive to show him what I'm talking about. Nobodys got time fo' that. Starting to get pissed with Ford. Ford you need to step up to the ** plate and fix this pos.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #113
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Old 07-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #114
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #115
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
aptech, which dealer did you go to?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #116
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Highland Park Ford Lincoln. After I took the tech around he said he's going to recommend changing a clutch pack. Now Ford has to ok it....Im waiting.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #117
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,875, Level 32
Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32 Points: 2,875, Level: 32
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech77 View Post
Highland Park Ford Lincoln. After I took the tech around he said he's going to recommend changing a clutch pack. Now Ford has to ok it....Im waiting.
Yay! At least that's progress. I can only hope I have the same results.

I won't even mind waiting a month for parts if they guarantee they're going to fix it - I've managed to live with my car shuddering and grinding for the last 40k miles already.

Do you think they'll do the latest PCM/TCM update as well? I hope so... (it's in the TSB)
Old 07-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #118
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Dealer called, and new clutch pack(s) it is. Now we wait....

Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #119
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,218, Level 35
Points: 3,218, Level: 35 Points: 3,218, Level: 35 Points: 3,218, Level: 35
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech77 View Post
Dealer called, and new clutch pack(s) it is. Now we wait....
I'm glad to see this is progressing for you, aptech77. Keep us posted moving forward. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #120
FocusNoMore
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119815
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 FocusNoMore Good Standing Member
I went to arbitration with Ford this Fall for my 2012 Ford Focus with the bad trans type, used the BBB. When it came down to it all I was granted was an extended warranty. I had already purchased one when we bought the car, so not helpful. Same problems as everyone else. Reprogram then shutter, decelerate without warning, jerking really bad, rolling back, not shifting when it should. Reprogram, same problems. Replace internal clutches, reprogram, same problems. Although my car did not apply for the lemon law in WI, I found out some really interesting things from Ford.

Ford admits the problems are "Design Issues" They also say, in regard to the Adaptive Learning of this Transmission, "While it is true that there may be times or CONDITIONS when the vehicle adapts to the driving conditions or the driver's style in a way that does not suit the driver, there are two ways to address this concern. The fist is to change the manner in which the vehicle is driven. Smoother stops and starts and gentler handling at the shift points will allow the vehicle, over time, to reset to smoother mannerisms. The second is to have the "Keep Alive Memory" or KAM, cleared and driving cycles performed to "teach" the vehicle a smoother handling. Ford would note that this is much like having an alignment done on the vehicle. The vehicle is "set" at the factory, but driving conditions may have an un-desirable effect on the performance of the vehicle. In the case of an alignment, the vehicle needs to be properly maintained by the customer and be brought back into alignment; this is not warrantable in that is specifically excluded from warranty as maintenance. With the transmission issue, the vehicle will return to a smoother function over time if the driving style is less aggressive. Otherwise the vehicle will have to be addressed and reset more quickly through the procedures above."

Now, the last issue I had with the car in July was after a reprogram. I was merging onto the highway and took my foot off the pedal but the car continued to accelerate instead of coast. While in arbitration I found out that the car holds 250 miles of memory that the adaptive learning analyzes and then adjust the transmission to create smoother mannerisms. In my case I live near a lot of roundabouts, so I am on and off the gas quickly only because you have to be in order to merge into the roundabout. For this instance the car analyzed my driving which was based on the driving conditions near my house. I work from home and don't drive far otherwise. My clairvoyant car said, because she has coasted, and then accelerated quickly many times in the past, I think she wants to do that this time, so I will just keep accelerating when she takes her foot off the accelerator. :-O Seriously. Ford is now saying that for the rest of the time I, or anyone else with this transmission who has these problems, own this car I will have to repeatedly bring this car in for reprograming "alignments" when I start having these issues after a reprograming. So should I move somewhere where the driving conditions are easier on this car so I can drive it without having to worry about it accelerating on its own, or decelerating on its own? Also during the inspection the inspector parked the car on a hill and put it in drive. The car rolled back a few seconds, caught, then rolled back again for a second, caught, and then continued to freely roll back down the hill... while in DRIVE!. Ford had mentioned that if you are a two footed driver, which I am not, that driving this car with two feet can cause drivability concerns. Well if I park the car on a moderate incline I will have to drive with two feet in order to keep the car from rolling back. So many contradictions in their responses. They said all the issues I have had are warrantable, but later say the fix, reprogramming, for it is not warrantable. Ford said all the problems are normal characteristics of this car, and because the problems are intermittent (as Ford said in TSB-13-04-05 and 13-04-09) and the car was just reprogramed with very little memory to analyze the car drove fine for the inspector.

No where in the Owners Guide is there anything in the maintenance section that states the car has to be reprogrammed, nor does it say if more than one person drives your car it will effect the way the car drives, nor does it say that depending on the driving conditions where you live the car will adjust however it decides. The manual says nothing about having to learn how I drive, or that it makes driving decisions for me. Re-fricken-diculous! Ford wouldn't help me, the dealership I bought the car from only gave me a slightly above average trade on Fords car with "Design Issues" I am out at least $6000 if not more. I'm tired.... :O( Wish I had the time and energy to help everyone to bring a class action suit, not under the lemon law, but as a marketing and product liability suit. I'm trading this POS dangerous car. The dealership is well aware of all the problems with this car. I have had at least 2 near accidents with this car because of decelerating, roll backs, and unwanted acceleration. The car sat at the dealership from July-October because I will not drive a car that is not safe to drive. The "Design Issues" Ford admits to are the original programming design of the powertrain, and it changes every time you get in and drive. Scary huh?

P.S. : Ford also said the reprograming updates they send out are like when you get an update for your PC. Ok, great... so my computer crashes because of faulty programing and I lose all my files, no biggie that's what I keep backup files for. If my car crashes because of faulty programing, huge deal!! If I am lost in a crash there is no backup of me, or my husband, or my children, or the other motorists on the road who could be involved. :O(

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.