anyone successfully gotten lemon law to take care of ford focus 2012 tranny problems!!! - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #101
brentwoody
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102285
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 brentwoody Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Like I said, they never actually attempted to repair mine, except for a software reset. They insisted there was nothing wrong with it each time I took it in. Then when I made the LL claim, they took the position that because they never actually tried to repair it, I didn't fulfill the requisite number of repair attempts for Lemon Law purposes. I happened to have reviewed previous state arbitration case summaries that indicated that even though the dealer/manufacturer claims the condition is normal, it still counts as a repair attempt. My last two attempts came within about two weeks of each other and at the last one, the dealer stated that because they had told me it was operating normally just two weeks before, they wouldn't write a repair order for it. I counted that as a repair attempt, taking the position that the manufacturer cannot refuse to attempt to repair the vehicle, then turn around and claim it didn't have enough repair attempts!

I should qualify a previous comment regarding a condition impairing the use, value, or safety. The law states that the condition must substantially impair the use, value, or safety. What constitutes "substantial" will be determined by the arbitrator based on testimony, the TE's technical opinion regarding the condition, and possibly a test drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #102
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
I see now, well that gives me a little hope then. The grinding noise and feel of the DCT is probably very subjective but the hesitation it has can be scary when pulling in front of oncoming traffic.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #103
Stimphy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113597
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Stimphy Good Standing Member
You might also need to know that there is a time limitation to the law. In my state it is one year from the date of purchase.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #104
brentwoody
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102285
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 brentwoody Good Standing Member
Yes, Stimphy, that is correct. In Florida, the consumer has 24 months from date of original delivery. Here is a link to a decent summary of the Florida Lemon Law:

http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBCon...6!OpenDocument

You do not need an attorney to pursue the first level BBB claim (though you may retain one if you are more comfortable going that route). Even though I am an attorney, I didn't know much at all about Lemon Law claims before this occasion, but it wasn't complicated. The BBB did a great job helping along the way and keeping me informed. The one thing I would have done differently was to get the TE opinion before the arbitration hearing, but that's just a matter of opinion. I'm not saying that's necessarily the best thing to do in every circumstance. The other thing you want to be careful with is getting detailed service orders that spell out why you brought the vehicle in.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #105
rick217
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110731
What I Drive: FORMERLY a 2013 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 rick217 Good Standing Member
I didn't wait. Just picked up my new one 3 hours ago and couldn't be happier.
Sorry don't mean to brag or rub it in but I had to do it. (get rid of the car I mean).
In short the "brand Y" dealer had 3 other focuses on the lot they have taken into trade within the last 4 days!
Probably this will be my last post here. I want to wish you guys all the best and hope Ford solves your DCT issues..............
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #106
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick217 View Post
I didn't wait. Just picked up my new one 3 hours ago and couldn't be happier.
Sorry don't mean to brag or rub it in but I had to do it.
In short the "brand Y" dealer had 3 other focuses on the lot they have taken into trade within the last 4 days!
Probably this will be my last post here. I want to wish you guys all the best and hope Ford solves your DCT issues..............
Let me guess Hyundai?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #107
Blkno1holly
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114445
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se tuxedo black

FF Reputation: 1 Blkno1holly Good Standing Member
Same issues rebuilt tranny clutch chatter rollback and now a monster leak! The car has been in 3 or 4 times in a year and has 13000 miles car still has not "acclimated" to my driving yet! Lemon Law applies I want a new car so sad I love it 😡
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #108
Blkno1holly
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114445
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se tuxedo black

FF Reputation: 1 Blkno1holly Good Standing Member
Anyone have any advice?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #109
ptbish
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114734
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus SE, HB

FF Reputation: 1 ptbish Good Standing Member
So, just picked up my Focus from Mall of Ga. Ford service. Took in in at 1100 mls. for grinding, rattling noise during low gear shifts as well as shuddering and hesitating at the same points,though it doesn't always do both. Trans. tech test drove and acknowledged that something was wrong. Problem only shows when trans. is hot, like driven for >30 min hot. Post 2 days, they said they reprogrammed the trans. and did some adjusting on the clutches, (hmmm?) Work ticket said slippage was now within Ford specs.
I've had car back a week, no noise yet (but my long distance driving has been limited, so we'll see), but the shudder, slippage, hesitation,(you pick your descriptor) at low speed shifts is still there; but, again, only after a good warm up. I'll give it the requested two weeks to re-acclimate to my driving style, then I'll try again. Wonder where this is heading. Ford are you listening?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #110
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbish View Post
So, just picked up my Focus from Mall of Ga. Ford service. Took in in at 1100 mls. for grinding, rattling noise during low gear shifts as well as shuddering and hesitating at the same points,though it doesn't always do both. Trans. tech test drove and acknowledged that something was wrong. Problem only shows when trans. is hot, like driven for >30 min hot. Post 2 days, they said they reprogrammed the trans. and did some adjusting on the clutches, (hmmm?) Work ticket said slippage was now within Ford specs.
I've had car back a week, no noise yet (but my long distance driving has been limited, so we'll see), but the shudder, slippage, hesitation,(you pick your descriptor) at low speed shifts is still there; but, again, only after a good warm up. I'll give it the requested two weeks to re-acclimate to my driving style, then I'll try again. Wonder where this is heading. Ford are you listening?
Same boat as me and countless others. There is a problem, but Ford cannot fix it. Meanwhile Wayne and Hermosa are pumping out more DCT equipped cars to the masses. Wait till the population size of defective transmission increases and the proverbial shit hit's the fan.

Bookmarks & Social Networks