AM reception issues 2012 Focus sel - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
cdnagent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107288
What I Drive: 2012 focus sel hatch

FF Reputation: 1 cdnagent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question AM reception issues 2012 Focus sel

Just wondering if anyone has experienced really bad AM radio reception with the 12 focus? When I bought the car it didn't have this problem, but now it's pretty much terrible all the time. Sometimes the reception is fair at best but can deteriorate to terrible. I can't seem to narrow down the problem as it can go on the fritz even without moving the car. Sometimes it's worse when I turn on the ignition, but not always so. I no that it's not the radio stations, as I am in a very good broadcast zone. Has anyone found the same issue and any solutions? I've got an appt set up for Tuesday with my dealer but if there are any suggestions that I can present I'd really appreciate the input.....Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
jimfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69155
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 jimfocus Good Standing Member
My 2012 is the same. It was fine at first and the last few weeks very poor. It might be due to increased sun spot/solar flare activity. I heard there was something going on with the sun.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnagent View Post
Just wondering if anyone has experienced really bad AM radio reception with the 12 focus? When I bought the car it didn't have this problem, but now it's pretty much terrible all the time. Sometimes the reception is fair at best but can deteriorate to terrible. I can't seem to narrow down the problem as it can go on the fritz even without moving the car. Sometimes it's worse when I turn on the ignition, but not always so. I no that it's not the radio stations, as I am in a very good broadcast zone. Has anyone found the same issue and any solutions? I've got an appt set up for Tuesday with my dealer but if there are any suggestions that I can present I'd really appreciate the input.....Thanks
Hi cdnagent,

Did Ford technicians ever get the chance to diagnose the issue? Please PM me your VIN, odometer reading, full name, best daytime phone number, and dealer; I'll see what's the next step. :)

Bianca

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordFocus @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/FordCanada
Old 09-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
cdnagent
Focus Rookie

Thanks for your interest. My appt is tomorrow and I'll let you know how things turn out. Hopefully just something minor :)
Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks for your interest. My appt is tomorrow and I'll let you know how things turn out. Hopefully just something minor :)
Here's a service advisory(or whatever they're called) that was issued several months ago.

5599 - 2011-2013 Multiple Vehicle Lines - Poor AM Reception
Some 2011-2013 Explorer / Fiesta, 2012-2013 Focus, 2013 Flex may exhibit poor AM radio reception with no FM or satellite reception concerns. Review Owner Guide, Entertainment System, Radio Reception Factors for a description of characteristi c radio reception influences. Follow Workshop Manual section 415-00, pin point t est "A" to diagnose AM reception concerns. Service inventories have been updated with a revised antenna assembly (18936). Use existing service labor operations for antenna diagnostics and replacement.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
cdnagent
Focus Rookie

Thanks for this information. I'm off to the dealership service dept today. I'll post my results.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Quote:

Hi cdnagent,

How did it go at your dealership today? Please PM me the requested information; I still want to look into some options for you.

Bianca

Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
cdnagent
Focus Rookie

Thanks for taking the time Bianca to follow up. My dealership found out that it was a ground problem today and they fixed it without any charge! Honestly I have nothing but great words to say about the people at A&B Ford. Many thanks for your interest and prompt attention to this problem! Very pleased all the way around :)
Old 09-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time Bianca to follow up. My dealership found out that it was a ground problem today and they fixed it without any charge! Honestly I have nothing but great words to say about the people at A&B Ford. Many thanks for your interest and prompt attention to this problem! Very pleased all the way around :)
Hi cdnagent,

Thank you for your kind words. :) As I said in my PM, I'm very happy that the issue with the radio was resolved. Thank you for being part of the Ford Family, and if you ever need assistance you know where to find me. :)

Bianca

Bookmarks & Social Networks