Those with Magnaflow's Exhaust System (Part #15072) - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #51
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
Sorry mate, I just got my MacBook back today, but as promised here it is. You can see it's not that loud and it's even drowned out by the road noise off a set of summer tires and the Steeda CAI. I guess it's also worth noting it was hot that day, like 97 or something and I had the A/C on.

It is slowly getting louder and deeper though. I'll probably wait another 4 or 5 days and then do another sound clip.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's being screwy with the embedding but here's the link if it doesn't work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIb7rEyDmHo

Ya but it's not like the Focus is some 300hp car. I mean ya, if the kit you want is a 2.5" there's nothing wrong with it, I just don't see any noticeable power difference between the two. I mean I might have gotten 8 or 9 hp at the most from the exhaust (probably even less) and I know the Steeda CAI didn't really give big gains either. With a 2.5" exhaust maybe an additional hp or two?
Holy crap that sounds good!!! Thanks again for posting up such a detailed video too. :-) I definitely agree, your exact setup is what I'm looking to do as well. As for other videos, the only thing I could thing of would be a nice drive by video. I mean, I'm already sold on this particular exhaust, but I'd still LOVE to hear what that sounds like. Thanks bro!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #52
Tpatric
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102965
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti. Suspension pkg. blac

FF Reputation: 1 Tpatric Good Standing Member
Just had mine installed today at a shop, great fit and sound is just what I was looking for......a low rumble and wakes up when you want..
Not looking for big hp gains but on the way home at 70 mph, reset my est EPA and shot well over 40 with just 1200 miles on the odo. Been mostly mid to high 30's since purchase.
Great buy at $460. Recommended.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #53
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpatric View Post
Just had mine installed today at a shop, great fit and sound is just what I was looking for......a low rumble and wakes up when you want..
Not looking for big hp gains but on the way home at 70 mph, reset my est EPA and shot well over 40 with just 1200 miles on the odo. Been mostly mid to high 30's since purchase.
Great buy at $460. Recommended.
Awesome!! I'm glad to hear that you're loving your Magnaflow system too! :-) If you don't mind me asking, where did you order yours from? Thanks!!

On a side note, if you don't mind posting up a drive by video in your spare time, I'd REALLY appreciate it! Thanks in advance!! :-D
Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #54
Tpatric
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102965
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti. Suspension pkg. blac

FF Reputation: 1 Tpatric Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Awesome!! I'm glad to hear that you're loving your Magnaflow system too! :-) If you don't mind me asking, where did you order yours from? Thanks!!

On a side note, if you don't mind posting up a drive by video in your spare time, I'd REALLY appreciate it! Thanks in advance!! :-D
I purchased the 15072 at autoplicity, price was $449 with $10.47 shipping. Saw many over $600, so I jumped on it.
Don't think I'll be able to do drive by, time not on my side but there are plenty of clips on line.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #55
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpatric View Post
I purchased the 15072 at autoplicity, price was $449 with $10.47 shipping. Saw many over $600, so I jumped on it.
Don't think I'll be able to do drive by, time not on my side but there are plenty of clips on line.
Cool, cool thanks for the info. :-) It's no problem about the drive by bro (I work two jobs so I completely understand). As for other other videos online, I haven't been able to find any. That was the primary reason I started this particular thread because the only videos I was able to find were of custom setups (which, by and large, sound completely different from this cat back). That being said, would you mind posting a few up? Thanks again! :-)
Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #56
Sean05
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62491
What I Drive: 13' ST2

Points 1,580, Level 22
Points: 1,580, Level: 22 Points: 1,580, Level: 22 Points: 1,580, Level: 22
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 5 Sean05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I got mine on order in the steeda power pack can't wait I'm going to be making a Catless test pipe to maybe make the exhaust a little louder and some gains and maybe run a sport cat( mayne maybe full catless) and my Cosworth header to get some more gains. The techs at borla said the 2.25 systems were able to scavenge exhaust gasses and flow better then the 2.5" prototype systems they made and made more hp and sounded better then the 2.5" systems they tried.
(came from borla themselves do I imagine from looking at the two kits it's almost identical.
Cept the magnaflow doesnt come with a front pipe on the front darn... My silly pzevs got two cats on it :/

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #57
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
I got mine on order in the steeda power pack can't wait I'm going to be making a Catless test pipe to maybe make the exhaust a little louder and some gains and maybe run a sport cat( mayne maybe full catless) and my Cosworth header to get some more gains. The techs at borla said the 2.25 systems were able to scavenge exhaust gasses and flow better then the 2.5" prototype systems they made and made more hp and sounded better then the 2.5" systems they tried.
(came from borla themselves do I imagine from looking at the two kits it's almost identical.
Cept the magnaflow doesnt come with a front pipe on the front darn... My silly pzevs got two cats on it :/

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Wow, that sounds like a pretty serious setup!! Please post up a video of how it sounds once you get everything all set up!!

On a side note, I find it interesting about Borla's experience with using the 2.25" tubing. When it all comes down to it, I can see how maintaining a bit of the back-pressure would definitely aid in performance. That being said, I'd be curious as to what kind of numbers your setup puts down on the dyno.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #58
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 895, Level 15
Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15 Points: 895, Level: 15
Level Up 95% Completed
Level up: 95% Level up: 95% Level up: 95%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
i am sure you guys know this, but when it comes to exhaust bigger is not always better. You need to find a happy medium. too restrictive and the exhaust wont flow well. Too free flowing and the exhaust wont work properly. The way the exhaust is set up the exhaust gasses scavenges and aids in pulling exhaust gasses out of the combustion chambers. From my experience... 2.25" should be fine for bolt on mods. For forced induction or more serious mods such as cams id def go with 2.5"
Old 09-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #59
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 23,713, Level 94
Points: 23,713, Level: 94 Points: 23,713, Level: 94 Points: 23,713, Level: 94
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
That is unfortuantely not necessarily the case. Scavenging occurs in the header design, not in the cat-back portion of the exhaust. Once you are past the collector, backpressure should be reduced as much as possible to maximize the reduction of pumping losses.

Back in the day it was believed that backpressure helped with torque, but that has been disproven. Once you reach an optimal point (size relation) you just don't see any more gains.

Sent from my stupid phone.
2014 FiST-
Old 09-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #60
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 8,981, Level 63
Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63 Points: 8,981, Level: 63
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
That is unfortuantely not necessarily the case. Scavenging occurs in the header design, not in the cat-back portion of the exhaust. Once you are past the collector, backpressure should be reduced as much as possible to maximize the reduction of pumping losses.

Back in the day it was believed that backpressure helped with torque, but that has been disproven. Once you reach an optimal point (size relation) you just don't see any more gains.

Sent from my stupid phone.
Have we just came all the way back around to size matters?!

Bookmarks & Social Networks