The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch... - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #41
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Yes, mrlandy, but, his was already "provisioned" and setup since it was out of a "wreck"..
The provisioning can be performed by anyone with the Ford Rotunda (IDS) system, so, your dealer can help you out.
Ahh ok I'll call the dealership in about 20 min. I'm excited to try it. The one by my house is usually cool with trying things out that I've done in the past lol we've bought 8 cars there so they like us :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #42
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Have an appointment for Monday at 3:15pm to get the module provisioned. I called a few dealerships to see what the earliest I could get it done is and 2 dealerships were helpful and offered a time right away, the other 3 had no idea what I meant. One of them even refused to do it after I explained what was needed. He said there's no reason someone would have to do that.

Apparently it's a $95 charge to provision the module...but since I paid $200 less than I was expecting, I'm ok with it.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #43
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Just found this thread. In for the final results!! Good job being the test mule!
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #44
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Have an appointment for Monday at 3:15pm to get the module provisioned.

Apparently it's a $95 charge to provision the module.
What dealership is doing it?
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 08-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #45
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
What dealership is doing it?
The closest one to my house =P I'll leave it in the thread after I get it done. Pretty sure if Ford sees reads through this thread they'll try and stop me from getting this done since it *completely* disproves their "can't be done" announcement.

BTW, aside from the screen, everything works perfectly about the MFT system. Sync works perfectly, so I can still do everything I need to. The dealership knew exactly what I was talking about before I even explained it and said it's no problem they do it all the time when they replace the modules. Should be 1-2 hours tops and will work fine (even after I explained exactly what I'm doing).
Old 08-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #46
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Damn man, that is some commitment, your work. Great job. Perhaps it is a pre-emptory congrats but congrats nonetheless for the refusal to give up. Very admirable! Nice job and looking forward to the result.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #47
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Well, assuming everything goes well Monday I will have replaced my normal MFT module with a Nav MFT for a total fee of around $1150-$1170 (depending on how much I can get the SD card for). Not too bad since I can probably sell the normal MFT module for an easy $300-$400.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #48
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Wish I was closer to you. I'd hop over and let you throw my Nav card in so just to see right away while you wait for yours from Ebay. Maybe the dealership has one lying around that you could try out when they get done so you know for sure tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #49
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Wish I was closer to you. I'd hop over and let you throw my Nav card in so just to see right away while you wait for yours from Ebay. Maybe the dealership has one lying around that you could try out when they get done so you know for sure tomorrow.
That's what I was thinking. I ordered one that should arrive either Friday or Monday, but I'm going to ask if I can throw one in for a min to test. At least one car on the lot has to have a nav system. I'll find out at 3:15 tomorrow!!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #50
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

The dealership has had no luck getting the module initialized. They tried just putting it in and initializing it like normal and it wouldn't "take" (the tech's word, not mine). They kept it overnight and today tried while on the phone with an engineer from the IVT (at least that's what they told me) and still couldn't get it initialized. Basically, when initializing the module it has to be in a car that's already configured for Nav.

Pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm going to pick up the car after work and attempt to return the module to Ford. Not sure how easy or possible it'll be...but it's worth a try. What a let-down though...we already know the module *works* perfectly in this setup, it just cannot be initialized.

Thanks again for nothing, Ford. Keep making me regret my $30k purchase because of your terrible salesmen and business process. Once I pay this thing off looks like I'll be moving to another manufacturer...one that doesn't intentionally screw over their customers.

Bookmarks & Social Networks