The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch... - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
xanotos
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5977
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Oxford White Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 xanotos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So just to clarify, If I don't have MFT and only My Ford w/Sync, I can not upgrade to MFT?
I was hoping of waiting it out until Ebay started showing more MFT system (navi or not) and pick one up there.

Hopefully I have an option to upgrade to MFT at a later date.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #32
DayGlow
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102589
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 DayGlow Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
Your gonna be waiting a looong time. Ford has made it perfectly clear the an OEM camera can not be added after the fact. Many members on here have dug into this (myself included) and have come to the consensus that if your car doesn't have a camera, you either get used to it, or trade it in for a car that has one. The manager and salesman basically lied to you.
Well they must be committed to the charade as my sales man called me and said they would be getting the module on Monday and will arrange the install. Said it wouldn't take that long and the install guy could come to where I have the car at work and install it there.

I have to say its top notch customer service.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayGlow View Post
Well they must be committed to the charade as my sales man called me and said they would be getting the module on Monday and will arrange the install. Said it wouldn't take that long and the install guy could come to where I have the car at work and install it there.

I have to say its too notch customer service.
The "stand alone" module for the camera is available in the parts system now (as it is an option on the 2013 models as we've seen). Now, whether of not Ford wants the dealers adding them to cars after the fact remains to be seen.... I guess you got a good dealer and doesn't care about Fords "rules" and is ordering it anyway... let us know how it works out!
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 08-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #34
CeeBee
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101389
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti 5-Door 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 CeeBee Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayGlow View Post

I have to say its top notch customer service.
Keep us posted as I wanted the backup cam but didn't want the whole parking package.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #35
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

Points 749, Level 14
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
So I called again...the VIN# is not enough. They need the part # of the module to order the correct one. Is there any chance someone has deconstructed their dash a bit and knows the part # of the Nav-equipped MFT module for the 2012 Focus? :)

Searching the internet has garnered me nothing. There doesn't seem to be any hard knowledge on the part #.
No need to deconstruct the dash, you should be able to get that info from diagnostic mode if you can find someone willing.

1. Turn the stereo off via the power button.
2. Press and hold the eject button & forward-seek button at the same time.

On v3.02 there are several screens one of which is the APIM, which is what I think you're looking for. The part #'s are in there.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #36
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
No need to deconstruct the dash, you should be able to get that info from diagnostic mode if you can find someone willing.

1. Turn the stereo off via the power button.
2. Press and hold the eject button & forward-seek button at the same time.

On v3.02 there are several screens one of which is the APIM, which is what I think you're looking for. The part #'s are in there.
Worked like a charm! There are two part #s in that list, H/W Part Number and Assembly Part Number. The one that's required is the Assembly Part Number. I just ordered the module from the local dealership and it should be coming in somewhere between Monday and the following Monday (he said since it's a special order it could be a few days or a week). I'll, of course, update everyone on how it all works. If it does work I'll list the part # of the module I receive so they can be ordered by anyone else wanting one!

Right now it looks to be $650 for the module itself and $500 additional (core charge) if you aren't exchanging your broken module. Sooo buying it outright without exchanging anything is $1150.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #37
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Well, I was wrong. The core charge is only $350! With tax the module is $1024, and I'm going to be picking it up after work from a dealership halfway between work and home. I still need an SD Card (or at least a "tester" SD card to make sure it works), but I'll have the module hopefully installed tonight!

If everything works, I'll still post in this thread (and the other thread by Mrlandy about him buying a module from eBay) to list the part # required to order one...but otherwise it was a painless process!

Now, if only ordering the SD Card from Ford wasn't $325...guess I'll be getting one from eBay for $50 including shipping. Too bad it'll be a week before it arrives.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #38
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Well...after installing it and turning it on, it's asking for Provisioning. From what I can tell, it's possible via USB or WiFi, but it would seem that only the assembly plant can actually do it. This doesn't make sense, since when a dealership orders a new module and installs it they have to provision it *somehow*...but I'll give them a call tomorrow and check. For now I had to pull the fuse to shut it off.

Also, the touchscreen is completely hit-or-miss. It would seem some kind of calibration must be done to set the touch points. I'll have to investigate that, as well. I'll update after I talk to Ford tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #39
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Didn't the guy who scored one from ebay just have to plug it in?

Posted from my galaxy S3 via FF Mobile
Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #40
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
Didn't the guy who scored one from ebay just have to plug it in?

Posted from my galaxy S3 via FF Mobile
Yes, mrlandy, but, his was already "provisioned" and setup since it was out of a "wreck"..
The provisioning can be performed by anyone with the Ford Rotunda (IDS) system, so, your dealer can help you out.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.